Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-23-2013   #41
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: I thought it was clear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
Well Texans love to put the blame on guys that the blame shouldn't be put on. Like Holliday and Jacoby Jones maybe Keshawn Martin will get the opportunity to play for another contender with better blocking and a better qb and system then win a super bowl.
Have you seen Quentin Demps returning for the Chiefs? He looks good & I didn't even know that was part of his game.

He's starting for them as well at safety & he don't look bad.
Old 09-23-2013   #42
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Have you seen Quentin Demps returning for the Chiefs? He looks good & I didn't even know that was part of his game.

He's starting for them as well at safety & he don't look bad.
Yeah man I saw that and it ticked me off. I had no idea he could return either. I hate the idea or to think the Texans run a good ol boy system but it clearly looks like it.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #43
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I think we all understand it , as does Gary Kubiak & Rick Smith .... which is proven by the types of plays the team calls & the type of team they have built around him.

The problem is , where the hell do we find an upgrade "Right Now!"

Yates isn't better than Schaub.

Keenum isn't better than Schaub.

No one on the scrap heap is better than .... the statue of Schaub.

So please , tell me where we get an upgrade to start week 4 or beyond this season.
Since all of the people you say know that Matt Schaub isn't the answer passed up Peyton Manning for a million excuses that dont make any sense when you truly understand the nfl is a quarterbacks league. The answer NOW is you gotta give Yates and Keenum a chance. I believe Keenum would succeed in this offense. The running lane is wide open for a qb in this offense and once the threat of that is established... it makes it easier for the qb to hit an open receiver, tide end or running back. However the texans don't want to let Keenum run with the starters. I've seen Yates but NONE OF US have seen Keenum with the ones so I don't want to hear no BS about he wouldn't play better than Schaub.
Old 09-23-2013   #44
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
they're talking about it right now on 610. on that return for TD, spacing was fine, just that Keo, Bramen & Swearinger all fell down. Why? Keshawn returns all kicks, does he strike fear into anybody? during offseason where special teams really needed to improve, other than bringing in Shane Lechler, its all the same if not worse....
Braman and DJ were the culprit.
Braman was the guy who set the wheel in motion, I think.
I want to wait for the All-22 views to be sure though.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #45
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Since all of the people you say know that Matt Schaub isn't the answer passed up Peyton Manning for a million excuses that dont make any sense when you truly understand the nfl is a quarterbacks league. The answer NOW is you gotta give Yates and Keenum a chance. I believe Keenum would succeed in this offense. The running lane is wide open for a qb in this offense and once the threat of that is established... it makes it easier for the qb to hit an open receiver, tide end or running back. However the texans don't want to let Keenum run with the starters. I've seen Yates but NONE OF US have seen Keenum with the ones so I don't want to hear no BS about he wouldn't play better than Schaub.
You need about $6M extra in cap space in 2012 and about $7M in 2013; you don't have it, what are you going to do?
Even if you cut AJ, you wouldn't have enough.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #46
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104666 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I think we all understand it , as does Gary Kubiak & Rick Smith .... which is proven by the types of plays the team calls & the type of team they have built around him.

The problem is , where the hell do we find an upgrade "Right Now!"

Yates isn't better than Schaub.

Keenum isn't better than Schaub.

No one on the scrap heap is better than .... the statue of Schaub.

So please , tell me where we get an upgrade to start week 4 or beyond this season.
So what you're saying is the Texans need to do everything in their power to get a QB in next yrs draft? I realize that when Schaub signed that extention the Texans org married its self to Schaub. But the team needs to find out if TJ/Case are the future, because it's obvious that Schaub isn't the future.

I get that Gary is giving himself the best chance to win now using Schaub, but it will be his downfall in the longrun. If BoB decides to hold him accountable. Which using history as a barometer Gary will not be held accountable for the state of the franchise.

I equate Gary to Mack Browns situation. They are both great guys, but are slightly above avg at their jobs. Mack kept Greg Davis around long after he should've been fired and it looks like Mack will be fired after this yr. Joe Marciano is to Gary what Davis was to Brown. If BoB were to expecting to put the best product possible on the field.

Why do you think that Gary continues to keep Coach Joe around after all of these yrs of suckitude?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #47
cstyle42
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
You need about $6M extra in cap space in 2012 and about $7M in 2013; you don't have it, what are you going to do?
Even if you cut AJ, you wouldn't have enough.
Make more cuts. Make trades for draft picks. Mold the team around a great or good qb versus a defense or a great running game. You do what you got to do to win super bowls bottom line. There is a reason a houston football team has not been to a super bowl let alone win one.
Sponsored links
Old 09-23-2013   #48
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
This is true BUT a better qb would mask our oline and score tds thus allowing our D to attack. Just saying

Well our lousy QB even without a td yesterday is only behind Peyton Rivers and Rodgers in TDs so throwing TD isnt the problem. Foster/Tate 1 rushing TD or any td for that matter matched by brain cushing in terms of points. Its far from throwing tds thats our problem
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #49
cstyle42
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Well our lousy QB even without a td yesterday is only behind Peyton Rivers and Rodgers in TDs so throwing TD isnt the problem. Foster/Tate 1 rushing TD or any td for that matter matched by brain cushing in terms of points. Its far from throwing tds thats our problem
Schaub's inconsistency is the biggest problem. For example, how many touchdowns did he throw yesterday? Stats are really deceiving. Manning, brady, Flacco, Big Ben and Rodgers have super bowls and Schaub hasn't been to the afc championship game... that's the stat that's matters.
Old 09-23-2013   #50
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13530 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
yeah, but we sure can move the ball between the 20's
4th best RZ efficiency in the league. But, by all means, don't let that disrupt the narrative....
Old 09-23-2013   #51
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
4th best RZ efficiency in the league. But, by all means, don't let that disrupt the narrative....
two game sample size? Perhaps we end up a good rz team long haul, but when it's not the little sisters of the poor we tend to struggle.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #52
cstyle42
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
two game sample size? Perhaps we end up a good rz team long haul, but when it's not the little sisters of the poor we tend to struggle.
Exactly Schaub homers love to pull up stats that deceptively make Schaub look good but his stats against the contending teams in the nfl are piss poor at best. That's Schaub good to great when it matters less and below average when it matters most.
Old 09-23-2013   #53
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 260379 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
That really has nothing to do with what Vinny was saying. Going into yesterday's game, the Texans were 7 of 7 in the red zone. That's awesome. But how many possessions did they have total? IOW, how many times did they move it between the 20s and then settle for a FG or a punt? They're about middle of the pack in scoring, and that's with having such a high percentage of TDs in their red zone trips. That says they aren't getting into the red zone enough.

IOW, they move it between the 20s.
Old 09-23-2013   #54
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 119696 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Make more cuts. Make trades for draft picks. Mold the team around a great or good qb versus a defense or a great running game. You do what you got to do to win super bowls bottom line. There is a reason a houston football team has not been to a super bowl let alone win one.
Yeah lets cut super star playersn trade off more so we have manning with no weapons around him on offense, and then our defense would suffer as well cause we would have to make cuts and trades there as well. And then manning would come to a team with virtually all talent and weapons gone.

He is not young enough for us to build this team around him through the draft, terrible terrible idea.
Old 09-23-2013   #55
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104666 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
9 pts against a defense that Peyton made look like school children. But I guess that those 3 fg's count as a positive rz appearance.

They did do very well against the little sisters of the poor in the first two games of the season though.

This team has peaked under Gary/Matt. IMHO It's time to move on, because everyday they dont is another day wasted, if winning a Lombardi is truly BoB's ultimate goal.

Dont let me interupt your stats driven drivel.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #56
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13530 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
9 pts against a defense that Peyton made look like school children. But I guess that those 3 fg's count as a positive rz appearance.

They did do very well against the little sisters of the poor in the first two games of the season though.

This team has peaked under Gary/Matt. IMHO It's time to move on, because everyday they dont is another day wasted, if winning a Lombardi is truly BoB's ultimate goal.

Dont let me interupt your stats driven drivel.
Haha 2-1 and you want to blow up the team. What an absolutely idiotic thing to say.

Perhaps we should get a tough minded arse-chewing coach in like Rex Ryan or Mike Tomlin, huh?
Old 09-23-2013   #57
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Schaub's inconsistency is the biggest problem. For example, how many touchdowns did he throw yesterday? Stats are really deceiving. Manning, brady, Flacco, Big Ben and Rodgers have super bowls and Schaub hasn't been to the afc championship game... that's the stat that's matters.

I would like matt to toss Tds every game but it doenst always happen. Rodgers threw 2 shutouts last year, flacco blanked yesterday and 3 times last year. It does happen more often with Matt but then again he isnt elite
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #58
cstyle42
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Yeah lets cut super star playersn trade off more so we have manning with no weapons around him on offense, and then our defense would suffer as well cause we would have to make cuts and trades there as well. And then manning would come to a team with virtually all talent and weapons gone.

He is not young enough for us to build this team around him through the draft, terrible terrible idea.
We would still be a good team the texans wouldn't have to get rid of all their pro bowlers. Building a team around Manning is a better idea than what they are doing now unless they get rid of Schaub somehow which they won't do. Manning can make average players good and good players great right now. Bottom line is Manning is not here and Schaub is and he won't get us to the super bowl but Manning has a better chance leading his team there. There is a reason a houston football team has never been to the super bowl they just aren't unlucky they are boneheaded and stubborn. We must overcome this conservative way of thinking and catch up to the current ways of winning it all.
Old 09-23-2013   #59
cstyle42
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
I would like matt to toss Tds every game but it doenst always happen. Rodgers threw 2 shutouts last year, flacco blanked yesterday and 3 times last year. It does happen more often with Matt but then again he isnt elite
Flacco was missing Jacoby Jones and Ray Rice yesterday knowing that should make you feel as sick as I am feeling. Schaub has all these weapons and still fails WOW.
Old 09-23-2013   #60
Fico
Rookie

Rep Power: 1386 Fico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respected

They need to address the OL. Schaub has been blasted throughout the first 3 games.

Newton has 4 holding calls in 3 games, and he sucks so bad that he still lets Schaub get hit/sacked when he holds.

W.Smith is just as bad as Newton right now as he has managed to completely wiff players lined up directly over him. He completely wiffed on Nagta, whom sack Matt.

Our pass pro has been suspect with a D. Brown in the lineup this year and it was even more-so with him out. We struggled to hold the edges and and didn't provide Matt any room to step up.

Queensbury and B. Williams going to IR really set the offense back.

Assuming D.Brown is out a few more games, and that sample doesn't skew my opinion of Harris, I would move Harris to RT when D.Brown returns. He may not move people in the running game like Newton, but he is a better pass protector. I dont know what we do at G, Wade Smith is not getting it done.

Having said all that Schaub has got to stop throwing the horrible ints. Two weeks in a row he throws a pick 6 on just really bad throws. I don't put the tipped ints on him but holy smokes the two pick 6's should have never happened.

Defensively we are playing fine, the Ravens got a few bogus PI calls but otherwise they gave up 16 points on the road to the Super-Bowl champs.
Fico is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read