Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Ed Reed vs Ravens

Nitrofish

Let The Big Fish Eat!
I don't know if you have seen the clip yet, but I was disturbed to watch an interview with Ed Reed where he is hanging his head, and talking about how he does not want to play against the Ravens. Really bad body language and whining about not wanting to play against the Ravens.

Does this mean we have Reed's loyalty unless we play the Ravens? What if the Ravens are our first or 2nd round opponents in the post season? Can we expect the same kind of story?

I understand the guy has a place in his heart for the Ravens, but man this was really hard to watch, and makes me wonder about #20.

What say you?

Reed is the master of manipulating the media.

He is chomping at the bit to go against the Ravens.

The NFL is as much media play as it is playing on the field. I'll worry about Ed Reed if an when he ever shows up in a game.

I don't think he will play. But you better believe if we meet in the playoffs, the competitor we all know Reed to be will come out, and he would love nothing more than to take one to the house on Baltimore.

I wish Ed Reed would not play at Baltimore. It seems like he's very close to hitting the field as healthy as he's been in years. We're going to need him for the long haul and not a Week 3 road game. I think we can beat the Ravens with or without him.

I'd rather have him make his Texans debut at home against the Seahawks the following week. And I definitely want him at San Francisco Week 5 and at Kansas City Week 7. Those are games we're going to need everybody healthy in order to win.

Even though the Ravens are the defending Super Bowl champions, the Texans are going to play a lot tougher games coming up, home and road. I didn't even mention the games against the Broncos and Patriots late in the season. Or even the two games against the Colts.

Ed Reed is smart. He knows what the important things are. Being healthy for the stretch drive and going into the playoffs. He wants to help the Texans get over the hump and reach the AFC Championship Game and Super Bowl. He wants to win a Super Bowl ring two straight years on different teams. Something his idol, Deion Sanders, once did in 1994 with San Francisco and 1995 with Dallas.

Too many big games ahead. One Week 3 game at Baltimore is merely that.

I wish Ed Reed would not play at Baltimore. It seems like he's very close to hitting the field as healthy as he's been in years. We're going to need him for the long haul and not a Week 3 road game. I think we can beat the Ravens with or without him.

I've got mixed feelings.

If he doesn't play... say he comes back week 4. Well that's only 2 more games than if he were put on the PUP list. If he's not back 'til week 5.... that's only 1 more game. If he's not back 'til week 6, did we gain anything?

So it becomes a question of properly managing the roster spots we've got.

I wanted him off the PUP list, just like I wanted Posey off the PUP list. Can't practice with the team if you're on the PUP list & more than anything, Ed & Posey need to work with the team if they are healthy. Hate to think it's taking Reed this long to get comfortable with our secondary.

FWIW John Clayton reported that 100 percent Reed is playing Sunday. Don't think Ed wants to pass up the opportunity to show Ozzie that he shouldn't have let him walk that easy. He can say all the nice things he wants but he's still a competitor.

I think he is ok with playing the raves down the line , but did not want a raves game as his FIRST game as a Texan

Ed will play when he wants to. Maybe he wants to let Ray have his day, maybe he's not 100%. Who knows really what's in Ed's head?

Been that way around Baltimore since he was drafted.

I think he is ok with playing the raves down the line , but did not want a raves game as his FIRST game as a Texan

IMO what better game to start to put it all behind him and start new? If I were him, even though I loved my former team, I would want to perform in this game to not only prove to myself I still go it, but to shake off the sting of them refusing to resign me over a few million after I gave my heart body and soul to that team.

I imagine he is going to play, but only half the snaps. Maybe just in passing downs? Not sure what the breakdown will be. I am hoping that his limited reps thing will not be a rest of the season issue and that he gets full reps the rest of the way.

One thing we Baltimore fans know is this- Ed is Ed. If we haven't figured him out yet, you never will.

He plays to a different drummer. All those foolish laterals that would have gotten a lesser safety benched. But...Ed is Ed. A good HC recognizes that and realizes the little bad of "bad" is far outshined by the good.

Granted, Reed is nowhere near his glory days self. Injuries have taken their toll. But he was probably the smartest Raven ever when it came to looking at game film and diagnosing problem areas and how to counter them. Instant HOF'er when his time comes.

I wish him well......just not today!

One thing we Baltimore fans know is this- Ed is Ed. If we haven't figured him out yet, you never will.

He plays to a different drummer. All those foolish laterals that would have gotten a lesser safety benched. But...Ed is Ed. A good HC recognizes that and realizes the little bad of "bad" is far outshined by the good.

Granted, Reed is nowhere near his glory days self. Injuries have taken their toll. But he was probably the smartest Raven ever when it came to looking at game film and diagnosing problem areas and how to counter them. Instant HOF'er when his time comes.

I wish him well......just not today!

I agree with everything you wrote but man, when he was wrong, he was really wrong...and it looked bad

I would like to know if anyone else saw the lack of tackling on Ed Reed's part. At least a couple of plays Ed was the sole defender and he pulled up on the plays. It wasn't just for "out of bounds" hits... but that big run that Pierce had... Ed had the opportunity to blow him up and he missed the tackle. Was Ed just not willing to hit his old teammates? :kitten:

I would like to know if anyone else saw the lack of tackling on Ed Reed's part. At least a couple of plays Ed was the sole defender and he pulled up on the plays. It wasn't just for "out of bounds" hits... but that big run that Pierce had... Ed had the opportunity to blow him up and he missed the tackle. Was Ed just not willing to hit his old teammates? :kitten:

He saved a touchdown on the sideline later in the game, not quite seeing what you're seeing. I believe the game was already well out of reach for us at that point having scored only 3 fg's in 50 minutes of play, yet here are people believing that we could somehow score 18 points in the next 10 minutes. Inconceivable.

No- he wont hit like he used to or tackle. His neck nerve impingement could render him paralyzed.

Back