Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2013   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216706 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans TEs Finding the EZ

Quote:
By Dale RobertsonHouston Chronicle
9:00 a.m. EDT, September 19, 2013

Owen Daniels had never had more than a single touchdown reception through the first two games of any of his seven previous seasons, and four times in his career he finished an entire year with three or fewer scores.

This season, however, Daniels is already at three and counting. He's one of nine NFL tight ends with multiple visits to the end zone. Also on that list is his backup and fellow Wisconsin Badger, Garrett Graham, who has a pair of TD receptions in the Texans' two come-from-behind victories. Together, they have accounted for five of the team's seven touchdowns.

Simple math tells us that at this pace, they'll finish with 40. Common sense tells us that's not going to happen, but this apparent statistical aberration notwithstanding, it also tells us how important the tight ends are in the Texans' offensive scheme. They always have been. Coach Gary Kubiak collects tight ends with the same passion others reserve for art or wine.

In fact, Tuesday he signed another one, Nathan Overbay, to fill a scout-team role as a practice-squad member. And Ryan Griffin, a promising sixth-round pick from Connecticut, is No. 3 on the active-roster depth chart, playing special teams and waiting for the day Kubiak conjures up a three-tight-end set.
Three-tight-end sets........hmmmmm.........

With the LT position strength in question, I expect a TE to be standing guard or adding additional push more often on that side.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #2
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans TEs Finding the EZ

With the way both Ts are playing I suggest a TE blocking either side in addition to petitioning commissioner to allow to have 12 rather than 11 players on offense. If he is serious about reducing concussions, he will approve.

signed Matt Schaub.
Old 09-19-2013   #3
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
With the way both Ts are playing I suggest a TE blocking either side in addition to petitioning commissioner to allow to have 12 rather than 11 players on offense. If he is serious about reducing concussions, he will approve.

signed Matt Schaub.
Tongue in cheek I know but with the wealth of receiving options at our disposal against the dirge of blocking ability, I think it's better to alleviate the pressure by blowing the top off coverages on the outside and having the check down to intermediate crossing routes to simply stop Ds from coming after us. Nuk and AJ allow us a newfound cocksure attitude in the passing game and both our RBs are capable check-down options. Ds can't be dialling in a load of pressure against us if we can get them beat beyond the LOS at every level.

If Nuk continues to shine we are soon going to see out other receivers finding it awfully easy to get open. And for all the faults of the rest of them, to a man they have playmaking ability once they have the ball in hand!
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
And for all the faults of the rest of them, to a man they have playmaking ability once they have the ball in hand!
Agreed. I know it doesn't work every time, but I have no problem with Matt throwing to a reciever 2 or 3 yards short of the sticks. If we expect Foster to pick up a 3rd & 1, we should expect Andre Johnson or Owen Daniels to pick up 2 yards when they've only got one man to beat.

Yes, I know Arian has an OL moving a pile (or he should), our route combinations should clear the defense to leave a one-on-one match-up short of the chains.

If Ray Rice can pick up 29 yards on a 4th & 27 dump off... I'm just saying.

We need our play-makers to make plays, not just Matt.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read