Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-22-2013   #81
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If Kaepernick or Wilson were a Texan would they be the starting QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
The Falcons played the Bengal?

Are you saying if not for the Bengal Flacco wouldn't have win the Super Bowl?

In reference to your statement of:

To be fair, we haven't been one & done. We've played two play off games both last year & the year before.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #82
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34647 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If either of those QB's were in a Texans uniform they would absolutely, without a doubt be starting. Matt doesn't have 50% of the talent of either of those two. Easy question, easy answer.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013   #83
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting to review the comments in this thread headed into week 5 now.

A lot of really naive posters in here obviously.

I think we all know the answer to the initial question in this thread at this point which should say a lot about the HC of this organization.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013   #84
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213938 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Interesting to review the comments in this thread headed into week 5 now.

A lot of really naive posters in here obviously.

I think we all know the answer to the initial question in this thread at this point which should say a lot about the HC of this organization.
Tex.... I love ya but dude...
  1. You refuse to acknowledge Kubiak has helped coach successful, mobile QBs before in Young, Elway, and Jake Plummer. So to say he's never made use of a mobile QB is bogus.
  2. You refuse to acknowledge that context is everything in this discussion because Kaepernick and Wilson were hand picked by the head coaches that decided to start them over the guy they inherited from the previous administration. So having Kaepernick or Wilson magically appear on the Texans' roster is not an apples-to-apples comparison.
  3. You refuse to acknowledge that both Kaepernick and Wilson were drafted higher, by at least two rounds, than any QB the Smithiak regime has ever drafted. When has Smithiak spent a 2nd or 3rd on someone they didn't expect to start - maybe not right away but within a year or two?? So to infer that a QB drafted as high as those guys were draft and yet wouldn't get a fair shot to start flies in the face of Smithiak history.
So who's really being stubborn?
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013   #85
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
  1. You refuse to acknowledge Kubiak has helped coach successful, mobile QBs before in Young, Elway, and Jake Plummer. So to say he's never made use of a mobile QB is bogus.
  2. You refuse to acknowledge that context is everything in this discussion because Kaepernick and Wilson were hand picked by the head coaches that decided to start them over the guy they inherited from the previous administration. So having Kaepernick or Wilson magically appear on the Texans' roster is not an apples-to-apples comparison.
  3. You refuse to acknowledge that both Kaepernick and Wilson were drafted higher, by at least two rounds, than any QB the Smithiak regime has ever drafted. When has Smithiak spent a 2nd or 3rd on someone they didn't expect to start - maybe not right away but within a year or two?? So to infer that a QB drafted as high as those guys were draft and yet wouldn't get a fair shot to start flies in the face of Smithiak history.
With Kubiak, Wilson & Kaepernick would probably have really great careers. As it is now, I'd wait 'till year three to say one way or the other. They're both being asked to "grow" a little this year, so we'll see what that gets them.

I remember when Stafford & Bradford were "the bomb"
Old 10-06-2013   #86
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
With Kubiak, Wilson & Kaepernick would probably have really great careers. As it is now, I'd wait 'till year three to say one way or the other. They're both being asked to "grow" a little this year, so we'll see what that gets them.

I remember when Stafford & Bradford were "the bomb"
I've lost count of how many highly touted, highly drafted QB's have bombed.

I think that Carroll showed 2XL balls by starting Wilson over Flynn. I thought Harbaugh was crazy to bench Smith for Kaepernik. Both decisions worked last year, but Kaepernik is stinking it up this year. Wilson looked like flea crap for 3 quarters against us last week.

I applaud Carroll's willingness to back the guy he thought was the better QB. I think Harbaugh made a poor decision. I bet he would love to have Smith back. Of course, the 49's haven't played the Texans yet. Kap will probably look like the 2nd Coming tomorrow night.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #87
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I think Harbaugh made a poor decision. I bet he would love to have Smith back. Of course, the 49's haven't played the Texans yet. Kap will probably look like the 2nd Coming tomorrow night.
I bet Harbaugh wishes he played three of the biggest losers from 2012 & one shell of a 9-7 team more than he wants Kaepernick back. So far, they've only lost to play-off teams.
Old 10-06-2013   #88
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bingo bango, msr.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #89
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i bet harbaugh wishes he played three of the biggest losers from 2012 & one shell of a 9-7 team more than he wants smith back. So far, they've only lost to play-off teams.
fify. And I hope that trend continues tonight.
Old 10-06-2013   #90
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
[list=1][*]You refuse to acknowledge Kubiak has helped coach successful, mobile QBs before in Young, Elway, and Jake Plummer. So to say he's never made use of a mobile QB is bogus.
Spare me with the trivial BS that Kubiak helped Elway. He didn't help Elway to do anything. You guys that hang onto this Denver mirage has just gotten sad at this point. Elway had been to 3 SB's in his early years with Reeves while Kubiak was a stinking backup then he became a guy on the coaching staff later. Elway had been a great QB way before Kubiak ever stepped in to do anything under Shanahan. I never once stated that Kubiak "wouldn't" make use of a mobile QB either way, so I have no idea why you are using that to make a point when that hasn't been argued. But enough with this crap about Kubiak somehow helping Elway.

Quote:
[*] You refuse to acknowledge that context is everything in this discussion because Kaepernick and Wilson were hand picked by the head coaches that decided to start them over the guy they inherited from the previous administration. So having Kaepernick or Wilson magically appear on the Texans' roster is not an apples-to-apples comparison.
Stop trying to dodge the question. YOu want to reverse things around as if the situation can't be discussed. Well it can. The idea is that if there was a very talented QB on this roster with a lot of potential, would Kubiak even consider the guy? Based on his history here and and the current situation, well it goes without saying that he wouldn't. He sees no problems nor any issues with Schaub and he can't even make himself believe that we could possibly be a better team without trying something else. But it doesn't really matter, because as long as Kubiak is coaching here in a Texans uniform, you are always going to be one of his typical supporters that thinks he can do no wrong as a coach despite the same problems he brings to this team as a HC. Biggest one right now is his typical blind loyalty to Schaub that will ultimately hold this team if it even can make the playoffs this season.
Old 10-06-2013   #91
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:

Spare me with the trivial BS that Kubiak helped Elway. He didn't help Elway to do anything. You guys that hang onto this Denver mirage has just gotten sad at this point. Elway had been to 3 SB's in his early years with Reeves while Kubiak was a stinking backup then he became a guy on the coaching staff later. Elway had been a great QB way before Kubiak ever stepped in to do anything under Shanahan.
Remember this guy?

Very talented race car driver. Drive the wheels off anything. But it wasn't until he hooked up with this guy

That he was able to do something really special

Old 10-06-2013   #92
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Remember this guy?

Very talented race car driver. Drive the wheels off anything. But it wasn't until he hooked up with this guy

That he was able to do something really special

Remember that is a movie not real life.
Old 10-06-2013   #93
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Old 10-06-2013   #94
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I don't think he realizes that.
Old 10-06-2013   #95
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
I don't think he realizes that.
The principal is the same. Elway was farther away from winning a Championship than he was when Shanahan & Kubiak came in.
Old 10-06-2013   #96
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm ready to conclude that they would not be. Gary does not abandon his guys. He plays them whether they suck or not and nobody is going to tell him otherwise. The only way either of those people (Kaepernick or Wilson) make it to the Texans is if they fall to the 5th round and then neither one ever gets a serious shot at playing because Gary loves Matt. It's a simple as that.
Old 10-06-2013   #97
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'm ready to conclude that they would not be. Gary does not abandon his guys. He plays them whether they suck or not and nobody is going to tell him otherwise. The only way either of those people (Kaepernick or Wilson) make it to the Texans is if they fall to the 5th round and then neither one ever gets a serious shot at playing because Gary loves Matt. It's a simple as that.
That was sort of the point of this thread. It's the fact that Gary has always had this horrible loyalty to players unlike a lot of other coaches. His loyaly to his system, certain players, and his philosophy all together continually hurts this team whether we're a playoff caliber team or a bottom feeder. The common denominator is always this same ole old school mentality of coaching where Kubiak refuses to adjust to today's NFL, and his current team he has on his hands. I saw the signs with this guy in year two and no matter how much I want to trust this guy's knowledge he always proves to me that he learns nothing from previous seasons and failures from the past that have held this team back. He is stuck in his old ways and refuses to adapt to who he plays and never abandons his textbook style of coaching no matter what the current outlook of his team is.
Old 10-06-2013   #98
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1035 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

They're not kubiak QBs, so no.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read