Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2013   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Experts Are Very Split on Who Wins this Week..........

.........but most agree, it will be close.

Quote:
Who's picking the Ravens to beat the Houston Texans?
The Baltimore Sun
11:39 a.m. EDT, September 19, 2013

A roundup of NFL experts' picks for Sunday's game between the Ravens and Houston Texans:

* In his "Other Harbaugh of the Week" game, The Sporting News' Vinnie Iyer predicts the Ravens will lose by a field goal.

Quote:
John Harbaugh's reigning Ravens are having a rougher time staying atop the AFC, as they need to work to rediscover an offensive rhythm (with Anquan Boldin gone, Dennis Pitta injured and Ray Rice hurting) and still waiting for wholesale changes to jell on defense.

That's not that best state in which to face the 2-0 Texans, who are itching to put a team away earlier by putting together a complete performance. Inspired by the expected debut of long-time Ravens safety Ed Reed, the Texans come in as the better overall team ready to rattle a good home team. Texans 23, Ravens 20.
* On the other hand, CBSSports.com's Pete Prisco expects the Ravens to win.

Quote:
The Texans embarrassed the Ravens last year in the regular season. But that was at Houston. Now the Ravens get their chance at home. The Ravens have struggled up front, which isn't a good thing against J.J. Watt and his mates. But I think they get it righted some here.
* Only three of the 13 "experts" on ESPN.com believe the Ravens will beat the Texans. Mike Golic, Chris Mortensen and Seth Wickersham pick the Ravens, while everyone else takes Houston.

* Don Banks of SI.com also picks the Ravens to edge the Texans, 27-24.

Quote:
The Texans are walking a tight rope that's not sustainable, becoming the first team since the 1970 merger to open the season with consecutive wins on the final play of the game. Beating San Diego and Tennessee that way is impressive enough, but the Baltimore home-field advantage is something not to be trifled with. The Ravens haven't put four good quarters together yet, but doing things the hard way is just their style. It would seem old friend Ed Reed (hip) is preparing to finally make his Texans debut this week, just in time for the trip to Charm City and the ceremony that will induct ex-teammate Ray Lewis into the Ravens' Ring of Honor.
* Five of the eight NFL analysts on CBSSports.com choose the Ravens, including the aforementioned Prisco and Jason La Canfora.

* ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio and Michael David Smith disagree on Sunday's game -- Florio expects the Ravens to edge the Texans, while Smith likes Houston.
Quote:
MDS’s take: The defending Super Bowl champions just haven’t looked particularly good on either side of the ball this season, and I don’t see that changing any time soon. J.J. Watt is going to make life miserable for Joe Flacco as Houston wins a low-scoring game.

MDS’s pick: Texans 17, Ravens 9.

Florio’s take: Both teams are banged up a bit, and each has struggled. Give the home team the edge — even though Ed Reed could end up making the difference for Houston.

Florio’s pick: Ravens 24, Texans 21.
* NFL.com's Elliot Harrison predicts a one-point victory for the Ravens.

Quote:
The Houston Texans will fall short on Sunday. It might seem odd to predict such an outcome, knowing that the Baltimore Ravens got their butts handed to them, to the tune of a 43-13 loss, in Texas last year. This matchup, however, is in Baltimore, which means the Texans can ill-afford to sleepwalk through portions of it, as they did in their first two contests of the season. Ray Rice is taking it easy this week, though he'll probably play against the Texans. That will be a big factor when it comes to determining the outcome, though not as big as this one: How uncomfortable can the Ravens' defense make life for Matt Schaub, who has been sacked just four times thus far? The guess here is that Schaub will go down four more times on Sunday alone, as the Ravens already have eight sacks on the season. Houston running back Arian Foster faces a defense that has allowed 65 yards per game and 3 yards per carry. Elsewhere on offense, receiver Andre Johnson, who is recovering from a concussion, will need to be on his "A" game.
THE REST OF THE STORY

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 09-19-2013 at 08:59 PM.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #2
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Expert Are Very Split on Who Wins this Week..........

MODS Accidentally put this in the wrong forum. Please place in TEXANSTALK.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I hate that I'm going to have to watch this game with a Texans fan/hater. He can't stand Schaub, can't stand Kubiak... but he does love his Texans. He'll go negative from the first incompletion, or the first stuffed run.... & if Baltimore ever gets a lead....

He'll make it difficult for me to stay positive & root for my team.
Old 09-19-2013   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 280296 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I hate that I'm going to have to watch this game with a Texans fan/hater. He can't stand Schaub, can't stand Kubiak... but he does love his Texans. He'll go negative from the first incompletion, or the first stuffed run.... & if Baltimore ever gets a lead....

So he's a member here?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
So he's a member here?
It's definitely like following the game & participating in the game day thread.
Old 09-19-2013   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I sure wouldn't play the spread on this game .... Texans win ? Sure , Texans cover ? Not my money!

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #7
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40389 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Did you say your wife is a Schaub hater? If that's the case, isn't your game experience the same every week?
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2013   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 246310 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

If we win it will be because Tate runs on them.

And I can't even believe I'm saying that because of all the hating I've done on Tate all preseason.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
Did you say your wife is a Schaub hater? If that's the case, isn't your game experience the same every week?
Pretty much, but at least she's cute.
Old 09-19-2013   #10
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 251410 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Pretty much, but at least she's cute.
My wife wants Yates to take over.

But other than that, she's positive.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #11
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

You sure she doesn't want Johnny Football instead ?!

(I really couldn't imagine his personality working well with that of Kubiak , skillset yes , personality Hell2thefluckNO)

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #12
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 9340 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't believe that Florio didn't pick us to win!
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #13
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 251410 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
You sure she doesn't want Johnny Football instead ?!

(I really couldn't imagine his personality working well with that of Kubiak , skillset yes , personality Hell2thefluckNO)
Don't... please... just don't go there.

I'm still working to wean her off her Vince Young fan-girlness.

Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #14
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't... please... just don't go there.

I'm still working to wean her off her Vince Young fan-girlness.

To be fair Vince has done his part to help you out with that situation.
Old 09-20-2013   #15
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18070 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Pain View Post
I can't believe that Florio didn't pick us to win!
Biggest slam dunk of the week.

FWIW, all 4 guys on NFL AM picked the Texans this morning.
Old 09-20-2013   #16
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:

Don't you guys have one of these thingies...?

I use it at my football parties and everyone ALWAYS cheers for the Texans
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read