Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Trade JJ Watt and #1 overall for Luck or Rodgers
Yes 11 50.00%
No 11 50.00%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-13-2014   #1
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 74437 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Would you trade....

Here's a trade idea I thought about and was wanting to get the consensus here. Would you trade JJ Watt and 2014 #1 overall for say Andrew Luck or Aaron Rodgers?
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014   #2
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15057 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would you trade....

Yes and hell yes.
Old 01-13-2014   #3
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

No because I think we can grab a fine qb in this draft.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014   #4
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

For Luck Yes Rodgers is damaged goods sadly

so YESSSSS

but iff we are givin up a #1 pick then I would hope we would get luck and a #3 pick
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014   #5
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
For Luck Yes Rodgers is damaged goods sadly

so YESSSSS

but iff we are givin up a #1 pick then I would hope we would get luck and a #3 pick

Rodgers is damaged goods? Did something happen after he returned from a broken collarbone?
Old 01-13-2014   #6
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 44792 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Voted yes. Watt is amazing but only a DE.
Old 01-13-2014   #7
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Voted yes. Watt is amazing but only a DE.
Rather have a good to great qb than the best defensive player in football AND possibly a good qb or other options like a trade down where you get 2-3 good players?
Old 01-13-2014   #8
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28847 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would for Rodgers but I wouldn't for Luck. The 1.1 would be too much to give up for Luck. Rodgers is one of the "Elite 4" QB'ing in the NFL right now. I would trade any player/draft pick to get him to QB for the Texans.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014   #9
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65204 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I would for Rodgers but I wouldn't for Luck. The 1.1 would be too much to give up for Luck. Rodgers is one of the "Elite 4" QB'ing in the NFL right now. I would trade any player/draft pick to get him to QB for the Texans.
LOL wut?

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014   #10
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 33104 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I would trade JJ Watt and throw in Foster for Andrew Luck. I mean the kid has only gotten the Colts to the playoffs in his first 2 seasons of playing....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014   #11
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
I would trade JJ Watt and throw in Foster for Andrew Luck. I mean the kid has only gotten the Colts to the playoffs in his first 2 seasons of playing....
Watt, Foster and the #1 pick?
Old 01-13-2014   #12
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28847 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
LOL wut?
I wouldn't trade Watt & the first overall pick for Luck. I don't see Luck as one of the elite QB's yet, so that price would be a bit steep for me.

Quote:
I think the #1 overall pick holds more value right now than Foster does. Could just be me though.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014   #13
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 33104 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Watt, Foster and the #1 pick?
My bad, thought it was a 1 for 1, take Foster out of the mix, although knowing Irsay, it would probably take Foster to get that deal done so they could unload Trent Richardson

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

No. I don't dig on trading picks unless they're for more picks. The defense kinda guy I am says hell no to trading Watt.

This asswad (Smith) has been saying they'll build the team predominantly through the draft. It's on him to find the future QB whether it's this year or the next.

Hopefully he's better at drafting QBs than he is DBs (his experience), because he sucks at finding DBs.
Old 01-13-2014   #15
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55991 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes for both Luck or Rodgers.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014   #16
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
My bad, thought it was a 1 for 1, take Foster out of the mix, although knowing Irsay, it would probably take Foster to get that deal done so they could unload Trent Richardson
I would maybe consider Watt and Foster, or the #1 and Foster but no to Watt and #1
Old 01-13-2014   #17
LikeMike
All Pro

Rep Power: 9210 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Rather have a good to great qb than the best defensive player in football AND possibly a good qb or other options like a trade down where you get 2-3 good players?
I would rather have a great QB than the best defensive player in football AND possibly a good QB or other options. A great QB is worth about 10 other players in this day and age, because he just means so much more to a team than any other position.

It would suck to lose Watt. And it would suck to lose the intriguing #1 pick. But you can build a good defense without elite talent - you can`t win without at least a good and clutch QB. A great QB can mask many of the teams shortcomings.

I am still not 100% sold on Luck - but it`s close. He is doing so many great things, than does something completely stupid next. IŽd still call that growth... Rodgers? If he is healthy of course you do that deal.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 213437 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a QB-driven league, not a defensive lineman league.

As much as an impact player that Watt can be, an elite QB is the be all / end all of championship teams.
Old 01-13-2014   #19
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
JC Texan is smoking something.

He just lost credibility.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014   #20
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156516 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
This is a QB-driven league, not a defensive lineman league.

As much as an impact player that Watt can be, an elite QB is the be all / end all of championship teams.
Yep. I'd make the trade in a heartbeat.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read