Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2013   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans vs. Rams Injury Report

Pertinent changes from last week:

Martin..............shoulder
Braman.............neck and knee
Foster...............thumb and add chest back into the picture
Pleasant............ankle
Tate.................shoulder turns into an elbow

Ed Reed.............no listing for hip or abdomen (no way his hip should not be listed), but I guess they didn't want to overload his list since they had to add a knee to his report (compensatory injuries are only beginning....will only increase with play time)

Meyers..............no change from biceps, but in light of all the poor snaps, important to note

HOUSTON TEXANS

Wednesday (10/9/13)

DID NOT PARTICIPATE
ILB Tim Dobbins Hamstring
WR Andre Johnson Shin
WR Keshawn Martin Shoulder
ILB Darryl Sharpton Foot
LG Wade Smith Knee

LIMITED PARTICIPATION
OLB Bryan Braman Neck/Knee
RG Brandon Brooks Toe
LT Duane Brown Toe
RB Arian Foster Thumb/Chest
FS Ed Reed Knee

FULL PARTICIPATION
ILB Brian Cushing Knee
CB Brice McCain Knee
C Chris Myers Biceps
RT Derek Newton Knee
S Eddie Pleasant Ankle
WR DeVier Posey Achilles
DE Antonio Smith Quadricep
RB Ben Tate Elbow
DE J.J. Watt Nose

ST. LOUIS RAMS

Wednesday (10/9/13)

DID NOT PARTICIPATE
CB Cortland Finnegan Thigh
T Rodger Saffold Knee
RB Zac Stacy Chest

LIMITED PARTICIPATION
DE William Hayes Knee
DT Matt Conrath Concussion
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #2
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 7608 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans vs. Rams Injury Report

CNd - I know you'll probably be spot on about Reed, and I appreciate the information, but your posts like this always give me the Grim Reaper vibe. It's almost like your standing behind the player, invisible to them, silently reading over their list of injuries and foretelling their future before swinging your scythe to cut them down (this is how I like to imagine it anyway hehe).

Sometimes tough to swallow your message as a fan, but always respect and appreciate your analysis.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #3
cbs1507
Veteran

Rep Power: 8662 cbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
CNd - I know you'll probably be spot on about Reed, and I appreciate the information, but your posts like this always give me the Grim Reaper vibe. It's almost like your standing behind the player, invisible to them, silently reading over their list of injuries and foretelling their future before swinging your scythe to cut them down (this is how I like to imagine it anyway hehe).

Sometimes tough to swallow your message as a fan, but always respect and appreciate your analysis.
That may explain the skull for avatar...
cbs1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #4
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Did they list Schaub with a brain ailment?
Old 10-10-2013   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Did they list Schaub with a brain ailment?
no but his pride is bruised and his body language is questionable.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #6
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
no but his pride is bruised and his body language is questionable.
It should be on the report then!
Old 10-10-2013   #7
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Doesn't look promising for Martin to return Sunday. Could lead a quite of few changes.

Quote:
Keshawn Martin has not participated in practice this week, after suffering a shoulder injury in Sunday’s 34-3 loss at San Francisco. If Martin does not play on Sunday against St. Louis, Houston could see some veterans on special teams and more playing time for another young receiver.

“I’m hoping Keshawn practices some tomorrow,” head coach Gary Kubiak said after practice on Thursday. “If he doesn’t, then Shiloh (Keo) will return punts and Danieal Manning is ready to go back and return some kicks. That’s kind of where we are at right now but we’ll see where Keshawn is at tomorrow.”

On offense, the absence of Martin would mean more playing time for wide receiver DeVier Posey, who made his return in preseason after undergoing Achilles surgery this offseason. Posey, who has four receptions for 34 yards this season, would line up as the slot receiver if Martin is unable to play Sunday.

“Assuming if Andre (Johnson’s) there, Keshawn wasn’t, Posey would be there. Posey’s practiced well, had good work today and he continues to come along, I think, and actually doing some things on special teams for us too.”
link
Sponsored links
Old 10-10-2013   #8
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Houston TexansVerified account ‏@HoustonTexans 2h

Andre Johnson likely to be a game time decision against @STLouisRams.
From Dougherty:

Quote:
Head coach Gary Kubiak said the veteran wide receiver took part in just a few portions of Wednesday and Thursday's practices.

"He's just very sore from coming off that Baltimore injury," Kubiak said. "He's been pushing through it for us. It's just a tough thing to work through."

Johnson was injured near the end of the first half of the Week 3 loss to the Ravens. He came back in after the intermission, but exited shortly after and was finished for the game. He played in each of the last two contests, but has been limited during the week in practices.

"It's been very frustrating for him," Kubiak said. "We're doing everything we can to get him back to full strength. He did move around a little bit today."

Kubiak said he and the Texans would know "more tomorrow" about Johnson's status for the noon kickoff this Sunday against the Rams.

"He's just really practicing on Fridays," Kubiak said. "I may feel different about that tomorrow after I watch him move around."
With AJ unable to place weight on his leg, my original impression when it happened was a bone bruise, and that he would need to be totally kept off of his leg likely for a couple of weeks. Even then, though the Texans dispelled that this was a bone bruise and reported that this was simply a bad soft tissue bruise, it appears to be acting more like a deep bone bruise that occurs in a weight dependent bone (in this case the tibia).
Old 10-10-2013   #9
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

PFT reports:

Quote:
Johnson is suffering from a hamstring injury that kept him out of practice on Wednesday and coach Gary Kubiak said that he missed the bulk of Thursday’s session as well. Kubiak went on to say that he thinks Johnson will likely be a game-time decision for the game against the Rams.

This didn't sound right, and is evidently a false report as I researched and found the following.

Quote:
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch created some confusion Wednesday by listing Johnson as out with a hamstring injury, but it appears he's still just dealing with his shin issue. That's what the Texans are listing on the injury report. Johnson has been playing through the ailment, and the Houston Chronicle expects him to do so again on Sunday. Owners can keep him penciled in, but need a contingency plan ready
link

AJ doesn't need any more problems than he already has.
Old 10-10-2013   #10
HouTx11
Veteran

Rep Power: 4237 HouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Lestar Jean is the next man up. Make it so.
HouTx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Ed Reed's new injury.........medial collateral ligament (knee)........of course, it's just a little nick.........so when's the arthroscopy?

Quote:
(on if heís where he wants to be physically right now) "No, Iím not, but Iím getting there. Itís only getting better. I had a little setback with these quarterbacks trying to take me out. In the San Francisco game, I had my MCL, but itís getting better, better by the week."

(on what he did to the MCL)
"Just nicked it up a little bit."
Old 10-11-2013   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought the best place for this was on the injury report thread...

http://mj4sports.blogspot.com/2013/1...is-week-i.html

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #13
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I thought the best place for this was on the injury report thread...

http://mj4sports.blogspot.com/2013/1...is-week-i.html

That was fantastic! Can't believe I never heard it before. The beats keeps going on in my head.
That was better than the SB Shuffle! MSR>
Old 10-11-2013   #14
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

It's hearing things like this that disturbs me so much.

Kubiak:

(on WR Andre Johnson saying that he was dragging his leg when he looked at the film form last week)
ďYeah, that concerns me and I think thatís our responsibility. If you feel like any player canít protect themselves regardless of how bad they want to play for their team or something, I think you, as a coach, have got to step in. But heís worked through this and found a way to work through it. If todayís an indicator, he should be able to do it again. Weíll see, but we owe Andre, from a respect standpoint as a coach, you have to, if heís not able to do the things heís capable of doing, we canít put him in a bad situation and we wonít do that.Ē

You have.........and you will...........totally contradictory statements.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read