Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-08-2005   #21
throwANDREtheBALL
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to throwANDREtheBALL

yeah, last reported, he's nicked up pretty good...........errrr bad.
throwANDREtheBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #22
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

He could help David's pocket prescence. Last time I saw him, it was on Sportscenter teaching chinese kids how to throw footballs. They looked like they could start for the bears...
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #23
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I'm pretty sure Lewis was considering retirement. I think it's doubtful that he'll play anywhere this season.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #24
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAbills
I highly doubt the dolphins lets him go. He is young, I think only 26 and easily the best TE in the division. I would be very surprised is they let one of their key components on offense go. Especially with the QB situation they need all the help they can get.
We could always trade Ragone for him
z0rpAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #25
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
I'm pretty sure Lewis was considering retirement. I think it's doubtful that he'll play anywhere this season.
Well, just like Bubba from the Bay, he seems only interested in rejoining his former team. Anyway, i think Rogane...err....Ragone should be traded this month, it doesn't seem his stock will be higher for a while. And I'd like to take this chance to remind everyone that Tony Gonzalez is entering a contract year.
Old 07-08-2005   #26
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
And I'd like to take this chance to remind everyone that Tony Gonzalez is entering a contract year.
Gonzalez signed a 7 year contract with the Chiefs in 2002.
Old 07-08-2005   #27
BringItOn
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cred
There is no way Joppru could go down for a 4th straight season.
Don't say things like that! Joppru may read these boards and take your statement as some kind of bizarre challenge.
BringItOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-08-2005   #28
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Gonzalez signed a 7 year contract with the Chiefs in 2002.
He was on the Best Damn Sports Show period last night and one of the guys said that Tony Gonzalez was one of the best, but was being payed only 3 million a year. Tony said he was entering a contract year and hopefully will get more money.
Old 07-08-2005   #29
stephen1
Veteran

Quote:
1) Tony Gonzalez
2) Shannon Sharpe
3) Ozzie Newsome
4) Mike Ditka
5) Mike Vrabel
how can you leave out winslow sr.?
stephen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005   #30
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen1
how can you leave out winslow sr.?
i dunno. I just never heard about Tony Gonzalez go after his records.
Old 07-09-2005   #31
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Mike Vrabel? I hope that was a joke.

And it said ALL AROUND TE.....that should knock Sharpe down a few nothces and Ditka UP.

Did ya'll forget about Todd Heap? Keith Jackson from the Eagles back in the days? Ben Coates?

Gonzalez might be the best playing today and honestly at this point he's #2 on my list to A. Gates.

But that all time list ya'll put up was a joke.
Texas_Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005   #32
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill
Mike Vrabel? I hope that was a joke.

And it said ALL AROUND TE.....that should knock Sharpe down a few nothces and Ditka UP.

Did ya'll forget about Todd Heap? Keith Jackson from the Eagles back in the days? Ben Coates?

Gonzalez might be the best playing today and honestly at this point he's #2 on my list to A. Gates.

But that all time list ya'll put up was a joke.
u just realized that? anyway, Gates has had one, count it one, good year, and how many has Gonzo had? He is also the only Latino worth knowing in the NFL.
Old 07-10-2005   #33
stephen1
Veteran

Quote:
u just realized that? anyway, Gates has had one, count it one, good year, and how many has Gonzo had? He is also the only Latino worth knowing in the NFL.
i agree gonzalez is better. gates was good last year but tony was even better, 102 catches! maybe not as many td's but he was the cheifs only threat and he still kept producing
Old 07-14-2005   #34
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Career wise yes Gonzales is better than Gates but like I said if we are going on who i'd take right now. I'd take Gates over Gonzo on youth.

There just aren't the all around TE's like their use to be. Now it seems like all of them "specialize" in catching or receiving like Fullbacks.
Texas_Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #35
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

my original question was suppose to be top 5 current all around TEs. i also forgot the point i was intending to make. so anyway, who's the top 5 all around TEs currently?
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #36
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

oh, i remember my original point. notice how none of the top 5 current TEs were in the superbowl? we don't need a top TE to make it the big dance.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #37
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill
Career wise yes Gonzales is better than Gates but like I said if we are going on who i'd take right now. I'd take Gates over Gonzo on youth.

There just aren't the all around TE's like their use to be. Now it seems like all of them "specialize" in catching or receiving like Fullbacks.
i would take gonzo right now. Gates is overrated. Their styles are similar, both being ex-basketball players and grabbing passes down like rebounds. Gates may be younger, which makes him less experienced. :brickwall
Old 07-14-2005   #38
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy
oh, i remember my original point. notice how none of the top 5 current TEs were in the superbowl? we don't need a top TE to make it the big dance.
While the Texans may not need a top 5 TE to make it to the Super Bowl, they definitely need a lot more production from the TE spot. The Patriots and Eagles both get qood numbers from a variety of players at TE.

Patriots TE's
Graham - 30 catches, 364 yards, 7 TD's
Fauria - 16 catches, 195 yards, 2 TD's
Weaver - 8 catches, 93 yards, 0 TD's
Klecko - 3 catches, 18 yards, 0 TD's
Watson - 2 catches, 16 yards, 0 TD's
Vrabel - 2 catches, 3 yards, 2 TD's
Team Total - 61 catches, 689 yards, 11 TD's

Eagles TE's
Smith - 34 catches, 377 yards, 5 TD's
Lewis - 29 catches, 267 yards, 3 TD's
Bartrum - 5 catches, 45 yards, 1 TD
Team Total - 69 catches, 689 yards, 9 TD's

Houston TE's
Miller - 17 catches, 178 yards, 1 TD
Bruener - 4 catches, 52 yards, 0 TD's
Team Total - 21 catches, 230 yards, 1 TD

Last edited by BornOrange; 07-14-2005 at 01:41 PM.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #39
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

Here are the numbers for Houston TE's in the first 3 seasons.

Miller - 17 catches, 178 yards, 1 TD
Bruener - 4 catches, 52 yards, 0 TD's
Team Total - 21 catches, 230 yards, 1 TD

Miller - 40 catches, 355 yards, 3 TD's
Holloway - 8 catches, 84 yards, 0 TD's
Team Total - 48 catches, 439 yards, 3 TD's

Miller - 51 catches, 615 yards, 3 TD's
Holloway - 7 catches, 73 yards, 0 TD's
Team Total - 58 catches, 688 yards, 3 TD's
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #40
stephen1
Veteran

the first season billy miller was david's security blanket. like DD is now. if we can get that kind of production this season from him without the receivers performance dropping off we should have a much better record.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read