Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-17-2013   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 237890 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Game Week -- at Baltimore Ravens

Houston Texans(2-0) at Super Bowl Champion Baltimore Ravens(1-1)

Weather outlook: http://www.wunderground.com/sports/N...?st=1379854800

Ravens 2013 draft
Code:
1	32	S	Matt Elam	Florida
2	56	LB	Arthur Brown	Kansas St.
3	94	DT	Brandon Williams	Missouri Southern St.
4	129	DE	John Simon	Ohio State
4	130	FB	Kyle Juszczyk	Harvard
5	168	G	Ricky Wagner	Wisconsin
6	200	DE	Kapron Lewis-Moore	Notre Dame
6	203	C	Ryan Jensen	Colorado State-Pueblo
7	238	WR	Aaron Mellette	Elon
7	247	CB	Marc Anthony	California
Rookie wide receiver Marlon Brown a surprising catch for Ravens

Source: Browns Phil Taylor insists Ray Rice spit on him

Ray Rice day to day after injuring hip in Ravens' win

Jacoby Jones loses DWTS

Greg Gumbel, Dan Dierdorf will be calling Texans @Ravens on CBS.

News/notes/comments/etc.

Last edited by Playoffs; 09-17-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013   #2
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Game Week -- at Baltimore Ravens

Williams, Lewis-Moore, Melette and Jacoby Jones will all be out for this game.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013   #3
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Will Ed Reed makes his debut as a Texan in Baltimore?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 237890 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I think so, yes. Gary said they were very close last week.
Old 09-17-2013   #5
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75474 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
It as Ed's plan all along. Even Kubiak finally stated Monday that they have been listening to Ed and seeing when he is ready.

Ed being Ed
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013   #6
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Ed Reed: My preparation is for long haul, not Ravens
Quote:
Reed was a call-in guest Tuesday on "The Rich Eisen Podcast," where he explained why missing a game against the team he won a Super Bowl with seven months ago wouldn't be the end of the world.

"It's nothing that urged me to play this week, you know I didn't circle this on the calendar," Reed explained. "I said it earlier in the offseason that with my rehab I'm not preparing to play against San Diego or Tennessee or even the Ravens.

"It's about being there for the long haul, being there for the team when it really counts, and that's playoffs, the Super Bowl, AFC Championship Game."

Sunday will provide some extra nostalgia for Reed as the Ravens induct longtime teammate Ray Lewis into the team's Ring of Honor during halftime. Reed doesn't project any bitterness about his departure from Baltimore, where he starred for 11 seasons.

"Everything that transpired between me and the Ravens is business, you know I had a great career there," Reed said. "I never saw myself playing against the Ravens so nothing in my heart, my soul that's urging me to play."

"I know it's a special day because yeah, my boy is going in the Ring of Honor, more than deserved for him. I always pictured myself on the sidelines watching that happen at halftime or something."

Reed will be in the building for Lewis' big celebration. Whether he'll be on the sideline -- or in uniform -- remains to be seen.
Old 09-17-2013   #7
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Matt Elam promoted to Ravens starting free safety
Quote:
Baltimore Ravens first-round draft pick Matt Elam has been promoted to the starting lineup, but the player he's replacing is a mild surprise.

Elam now is listed as the starting free safety on the team's official depth chart after playing 66 snaps to just six snaps for Michael Huff in Week 2.

The expectation was that Elam would eventually replace James Ihedigbo, who was a career special teamer before moving to Bernard Pollard's vacated strong safety spot this offseason...
Sponsored links
Old 09-17-2013   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Quote:
On SportsTalk Live, Duane Brown (turf toe) says he's a game-time decision for Sunday's game against the Ravens. #Texans

"I'd love to be out there at Baltimore this weekend. But I really don't know right now." - Duane Brown
Old 09-17-2013   #9
swyyyguy
texas longhorns

Rep Power: 0 swyyyguy is a quality contributor and well respectedswyyyguy is a quality contributor and well respectedswyyyguy is a quality contributor and well respectedswyyyguy is a quality contributor and well respectedswyyyguy is a quality contributor and well respectedswyyyguy is a quality contributor and well respectedswyyyguy is a quality contributor and well respectedswyyyguy is a quality contributor and well respectedswyyyguy is a quality contributor and well respectedswyyyguy is a quality contributor and well respectedswyyyguy is a quality contributor and well respected

i know ray rice got injured last game. is he available for this game?
swyyyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013   #10
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 2473 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Turf toe turns great players to average players.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013   #11
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by swyyyguy View Post
Day to day, not thought to be serious at this point.

Quote:
Old 09-17-2013   #12
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Maaaaaaan. I'm a bit leery of this game. Ravens aint no joke, and they want some payback from last year. That front 7 is pretty damn stout and with 76 maybe out, Tate and Foster are gonna be up against it. Schaub is going to have to come big kind of like he did in Denver last year for us to pull this one out.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

If we make it to the Superbowl, you can count on Ed Reed probably getting in the game.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013   #14
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Looking like we're starting this early:

What is status of Duane Brown...?

Ryan Harris? Nate Menkin? Andrew Gardner?
Old 09-17-2013   #15
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71024 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 09-17-2013   #16
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71024 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
damn i forgot visiting team goes on the left and home on the right
Old 09-17-2013   #17
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
damn i forgot visiting team goes on the left and home on the right
Still wicked work. Will definitely be better than the crap I scrap off Google images.
Old 09-17-2013   #18
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swyyyguy View Post
I believe he is going to sit out practice all week and see how he feels on Sunday. No practice usually means no games (unless you're Steve McNair)
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013   #19
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Greg Gumbel, Dan Dierdorf will be calling Texans @Ravens on CBS.
Before the Berman debacle in Week 1 this used to be the worst broadcaster news I could imagine.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

It's been mentioned, that the Ravens are struggling. Their loss to the Broncos & their struggle against the Browns are being used as evidence. But how much does that really tell us?

Most people believe the Broncos are playing better than any other team in the AFC..... some believe they're the best team in the league right now. A loss to Denver is not necessarily a bad thing.

The Browns... the lowly Browns, are a divisional opponent to the Ravens, much like the Titans are to us. Cleveland had a better defense than Tennessee in 2012 (slightly) & they've made some additions to that side of the ball as well. Their biggest problem last season was their offense... & Jake locker threw for less than 150 yards on Sunday.

All I'm saying is we probably shouldn't infer too much from the Ravens performance so far. Flacco has shown a knack for stepping up when he needs to & this week might be more than just a "nice to win" game. This is their home opener, they're going to induct Ray Lewis into their Ring of Honor..... & we don't do well against "emotional" teams.

No doom & gloom here, I expect a win in Baltimore, but it's going to look ugly.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read