Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-16-2013   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Leaving Reliant...

I didn't go to the game yesterday, because I decided to go to work. My wife & oldest went & thoroughly enjoyed the game. My wife is a Schaub hater, but she stayed to the very end. She thought about leaving when the exodus started, but something told her to stay.

I've never left early because I thought it was a lost cause. I've left because I had scheduling conflicts, or I really don't like late games & have to drive back home....

I'm not judging those guys who "gave up" & left early, or the guys who were "disgusted" with what they saw, or "expect/demand" better from our Houston Texans.

I understand.

My question, do you think it had an impact on the team & made them dig deep... that the exodus is the reason we won?

Do you think they noticed?

Do you think the fans who stayed made them dig deep & play harder?

I haven't heard any of the players/coaches address it. None of the reporters asked the question.
Old 09-16-2013   #2
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Exclamation Re: Leaving Reliant...

No, I don't think they noticed. We are not all that important.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #3
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34103 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Leaving Reliant...

During the game I doubt they care, but after the game I am sure they appreciate those who stay and don't give up on them.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #4
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
We pay their salaries make the TV ratings, pretty sure we are kind of important
Old 09-16-2013   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 297218 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
yeah, as much as I love the atmosphere at Reliant, it's not like its Seattle's 12th man.

Reliant has always had a number of fairweather fans who clear out fairly early. I do not think it speaks about Texans Nation as a whole, but rather about a select group of front runners that can afford those seats.

I know the Texans has plenty of fans that would have stayed until the game is officially over. Unfortunately, many of those fans simply cannot afford to go.
Old 09-16-2013   #6
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

There was a douche in my section screaming Schaub sucks the whole game and saying we will never win because Kubiak won't start Case Keenum.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
There was a douche in my section screaming Schaub sucks the whole game and saying we will never win because Kubiak won't start Case Keenum.
If she was 4'10" light complected, of Hispanic descent, that was my wife. Sorry.
Old 09-16-2013   #8
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally, I think the fans' morale is at an all-time high, coinciding with the players.

I'm always among the last to leave any sporting event if it was up to me; I find it to be better for all involved, win or lose.

The support of the whole fan base, whether they are at the game or not, is huge to the whole organization, players and coaches included.

IMHO, the support legitimates the criticism, when and if the time comes.
It's win-win.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #9
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If she was 4'10" light complected, of Hispanic descent, that was my wife. Sorry.
LOL!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #10
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

When I was a season ticket holder, I left one game early (the 1000 degree game vs. Pittsburgh) and missed one game because I was sick as a dog. Even when I knew there was no coming back, I stayed to the bitter end. Only left the Pittsburgh game with about 5 mins left because I was the only sucker left in my section and had a sunburn that ended up peeling twice.

Quote:
As a fan of the Texans that wants Keenum to get a legitimate chance in due time, I hate this type of fan. They make it harder for the sane fans of Keenum. My wife is a Schaub hater as well, because of some comment he made a few years back. He's dead to her, LOL.
Old 09-16-2013   #11
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7521 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Bunch of Bandwagon fans, I always stay till the end with any of my teams.
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
My wife is a Schaub hater as well, because of some comment he made a few years back. He's dead to her, LOL.
I think it was last year, he said, "What makes me elite is...."

My wife just lost it. Kicked the puppy & everything.
Old 09-16-2013   #13
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

We usually dodge out early win or lose. I don't consider myself any less of a fan. We usually catch the end in the parking lot walking out. Getting out of that place is a hassle and we have a bit of a drive.

People need better things to complain about, and if the players care that much they shouldn't let things get bad in the first place.
Old 09-16-2013   #14
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

If the team is not motivated enough to win until fans start leaving, shame on them. As a player, you definitely notice though. But that shouldn't be your "ah ha" moment where you realize there's a game going on.

Also, I don't have any issue with fans leaving early. I won't call them fair weather or anything. It's really a non issue. It's just something people do like using a forks to eat rice instead of a spoon. Who cares. You don't get any award for sitting a watching the whole game when the team has been playing poorly and you don't get blisters on your tongue for leaving early. I don't think either is worse than the other.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 297218 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As a fan of the Texans that wants Keenum to get a legitimate chance in due time, I hate this type of fan. They make it harder for the sane fans of Keenum. My wife is a Schaub hater as well, because of some comment he made a few years back. He's dead to her, LOL.
My mom is the same way, but with both Schaub and Kubiak.

They could win the Super Bowl and it would be in spite of them in her mind.

And her perspective is not really based on cold, hard facts, but rather based on a "gut feeling". In her words, she was a lifelong Oilers fan and saw enough choking and ineptitude that she believes that she can see it from a mile away. And for whatever reason(s), she thinks she sees it in Schaub and Kubiak.

I love her, but she refuses to drink the koolaide!!
Old 09-16-2013   #16
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
When I was a season ticket holder, I left one game early (the 1000 degree game vs. Pittsburgh) and missed one game because I was sick as a dog. Even when I knew there was no coming back, I stayed to the bitter end. Only left the Pittsburgh game with about 5 mins left because I was the only sucker left in my section and had a sunburn that ended up peeling twice.

I agree and if its meant for Case to get his chance he will one day. It gets really old listening to everyone screaming for the backup QB every time the Texans have a bad possession.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is the reason I quit going to games a few years ago (well, the $ too). I know I used to be a fault a bit too by allowing them to get to me. It just seemed like every game there was one of these asswipes yelling and acting a fool. Especially ignorant things like the above.

I'm now a happy camper sitting in my recliner watching on my TV. Plus, I can go to Church in the mornin
Old 09-16-2013   #18
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34103 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
My wife just lost it. Kicked the puppy & everything.
Schaub does make one want to punch a puppy in the face ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #19
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Fans pay and can leave anytime they wish. Does it look bad, yes. It looks bad when a game starts and the stadium is half empty, and looks bad when it is just as empty before the third quarter ends.

There is a fan in my section that is always early, who calls every play before it happens, and if the team try another play, he's pissed. When the team falls behind by more than a touchdown in the fourth quater, he leaves in a huff. As he was leaving with his wife yesterday I asked them to stay and I expected a comeback. Even though I've known them since the beginning, he looked at me as to say yeah, right and left. He has done that on many occasions and at the next game said that he regretted leaving. However, when things appear bad, his temper can't handle it.

I recall one game that the Texans were trying to make a comeback and the stadium was so empty, those remaining were banging on the empty chairs to produce fan noise.

It is obvious to the team when people are leaving in great numbers in the same way if you were giving a speech and have the room walks out while you're still talking. A few, yes, because emergencies do occur, but by the thousands. I sit near the Texans tunnel, and if fans aren't happy they do get an ear full.

I am glad that the Texans are doing well enough that they no longer use the bull horn to encourage people to come in at game time.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #20
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
My mom is the same way, but with both Schaub and Kubiak.

They could win the Super Bowl and it would be in spite of them in her mind.

And her perspective is not really based on cold, hard facts, but rather based on a "gut feeling". In her words, she was a lifelong Oilers fan and saw enough choking and ineptitude that she believes that she can see it from a mile away. And for whatever reason(s), she thinks she sees it in Schaub and Kubiak.

I love her, but she refuses to drink the koolaide!!
Your mom is a wise woman. LOL
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read