Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-16-2013   #1
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Secondary

What do you expect to see from them once we go against the elite QBs? Mccain being the weak spot and all.
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The Secondary

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
What do you expect to see from them once we go against the elite QBs? Mccain being the weak spot and all.
When you say elite, do you mean Brady & Peyton?

Or are you talking about these 1st & 2nd year players people are calling elite now; Luck, Wilson, & Kaepernick?

Seattle showed us how to beat Kaepernick, Wilson didn't look elite last week, & Tannerhill just outplayed Luck.
Old 09-16-2013   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

We need it to get better fast.
Old 09-16-2013   #4
bash
Rookie

I wish we'd try Bouye over Mccain, I feel at this point im open to anything except back to back touchdowns by Wes Welker, Eddie Royal, Amendola, or Lance Moore. Id much rather have KJ and rusty Jjo fighting for the ball with back up from reed/swearinger/keo/manning/pleasant
bash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #5
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
When you say elite, do you mean Brady & Peyton?

Or are you talking about these 1st & 2nd year players people are calling elite now; Luck, Wilson, & Kaepernick?

Seattle showed us how to beat Kaepernick, Wilson didn't look elite last week, & Tannerhill just outplayed Luck.
I wouldn't take much away from those games. Both of those teams' defenses face similar type of QB's with similar type of plays in practice. Both those defenses have faced mobile QB's that can throw and run the read option with good rb's to give it to.

Plus I think both those teams are really good anyways. So while two beasts may not look like much head to head, match them up with a weaker opponent and its slaughter time.

Make no mistake about it. Texans are likely going to need their A games if we get those teams not shooting themselves in the foot.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #6
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see Brandon Harris. He's more physical than McCain and I think if they actually let him play he could take some lumps and develop into a much better player than Brice.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I want to see Brandon Harris. He's more physical than McCain and I think if they actually let him play he could take some lumps and develop into a much better player than Brice.
I was thinking the same thing. Harris would have whupped Eddie Royal & Kendall Wright into submission.

It's funny.... I can't name the Chargers or Titans 1 & 2 receiver, but I damn sure know their slot guy.
Old 09-16-2013   #8
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 50351 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Kareem Jackson had a very good game, was excellent in run support. The rest of the secondary was horrible.
Old 09-16-2013   #9
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Its beyond strange how Kareem is now our shutdown corner and teams throw at Jonathan Joseph like he is Kareem circa 2010.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Um, I hate to be the Kareem basher here, but he gave up an entire TD drive practically by himself. The rest of the game was fine, but I don't really believe he outplayed J-Jo. On the drive where he got called for the helmet-to-helmet hit, he also gave up a long pass before it & the TD pass after it.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #11
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Elite qb's will do what elite qb's do to secondaries...shred. if we are going to fashion ourselves as contenders, our defense has to at least slow them down and give our offense a chance; something we did not do last year against them.

For some odd reason though, I'm not worried about Manning..I guess years of abuse will do that to you & i don't feel his teams are any better than anything we faced all those years he was in Indy.

SF though....really worried about that game...As of now, I don't see how we're going to stop Kaepernick...& he's not even elite..evidenced by his whopping 6 pts he gave me in FF last night .
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #12
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm just glad we're not facing Ponder this year
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #13
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Elite qb's will do what elite qb's do to secondaries...shred. if we are going to fashion ourselves as contenders, our defense has to at least slow them down and give our offense a chance; something we did not do last year against them.

For some odd reason though, I'm not worried about Manning..I guess years of abuse will do that to you & i don't feel his teams are any better than anything we faced all those years he was in Indy.

SF though....really worried about that game...As of now, I don't see how we're going to stop Kaepernick...& he's not even elite..evidenced by his whopping 6 pts he gave me in FF last night .

Need to worry about the Ravens first. But, the next 3 games will tell us a lot about our team. Win, lose, or draw, we're fixin to find out what we have!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #14
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2051 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

What secondary?
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #15
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNTLEWOLF View Post
What secondary?
The one that is 5th in yards given up, 6th in ypa and 3rd in % completions allowed - 52.5%.
Old 09-16-2013   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
Its beyond strange how Kareem is now our shutdown corner and teams throw at Jonathan Joseph like he is Kareem circa 2010.
I thought it was funny when Wilcox said Locker was targeting Kj after that 99 yard drive.

What's bad, is that some people believed it.
Old 09-16-2013   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Um, I hate to be the Kareem basher here, but he gave up an entire TD drive practically by himself. The rest of the game was fine, but I don't really believe he outplayed J-Jo. On the drive where he got called for the helmet-to-helmet hit, he also gave up a long pass before it & the TD pass after it.
He gave up that catch to Nate Washington... other than that, I don't think he gave up a catch. But I really want to see the All 22 before I say too much about it. To me, the last two games, looks like he's getting a little over-confident & is trying to make plays instead of just playing solid coverage & forcing the QB to look elsewhere to throw the ball. Where he just "let the receiver go" & Nate Washington caught the big pass, he was probably expecting a throw he could make a play on like he did earlier.

The hit to Wright. Not a very smart play, should have just tackled him. He came off his man to make a play... he tried to separate the ball from the receiver.. gave up the play & then some. But whoever was covering him (McCain I assume, but he was nowhere in the screenshot) blew that one.

Same thing with Delanie Walker. Kareem didn't make a play to keep him out of the endzone, but he was standing on the goal line when he got to him (hyperbole). Walker was not Kareem's assignment. He was just all over that side of the field, because the receiver he was covering didn't give him enough to do.
Old 09-16-2013   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
Need to worry about the Ravens first. But, the next 3 games will tell us a lot about our team. Win, lose, or draw, we're fixin to find out what we have!
The next three games isn't going to tell us anything the first 5 games of 2012 didn't (5-0). Winning games in Sept is nice.... but they don't tell us a whole lot.
Old 09-16-2013   #19
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 24667 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I thought it was funny when Wilcox said Locker was targeting Kj after that 99 yard drive.

What's bad, is that some people believed it.
To back up what TK is stating PFF, who watches every snap and every game, have the breakdown in regards to coverage for the Titans game.

KJ: 5 targets 2 receptions 12 yards 1 TD 2 Passes Defended
JJ: 11 targets 7 receptions 73 yards 0 TD 0 Passes Defended
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #20
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought they had a better game as a unit.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read