Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-15-2013   #1
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96229 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Congrats

Nice comeback. Heck of a game.

I'm gutted, but that's football.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311031 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Congrats

Dude, yall got a good defense.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #3
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 282867 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Bills game notwithstanding, you shouldn't be gutted, you should be happy. HOUSTON won. Aren't you a former Houstonian? Did you move to Nashville?

Old 09-15-2013   #4
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

A lot closer than I thought it would be, Tacks might be building something with that defense and Locker looked like an NFL qb.
Old 09-15-2013   #5
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34365 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks man - what a game. You can be proud of your defense...

But what a game. 3 missed FGs, 2 TOs and we win it in overtime. Hopkins is the man - reminds me a lot of Julio Jones already. If only our O-Line could step up and Schaub play more consistent...
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #6
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I need some Pepto Bismol, LOL!

Thanks, for being a good sport, Toronto.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #7
Scarecrow
CEO of PPO

Rep Power: 0 Scarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Have to echo the statement, good game. I think we play again week 17???

Hopefully both teams still have something to play for.
Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-15-2013   #8
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96229 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Bills game notwithstanding, you shouldn't be gutted, you should be happy. HOUSTON won. Aren't you a former Houstonian? Did you move to Nashville?

Last lived in Houston in 1984. Couldn't wash the Oilers off me. Wish I could.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #9
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
Have to echo the statement, good game. I think we play again week 17???

Hopefully both teams still have something to play for.
You guys got really good D.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #10
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
Embrace it dude. I do. It makes the Texans future success all the sweeter. I still pick up old Oilers gear when I can for me and my daughter.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #11
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 282867 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Gotta root for the city, not the team.
Old 09-15-2013   #12
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84
Default Congrats

Quote:
The Oilers no longer exist.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #13
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nice comeback. Heck of a game.

I'm gutted, but that's football.

Tennessee get's a lot of credit they didn't have before from where I sit. They are going to be legitimately back sooner than later. Good luck until Week 17!
Old 09-15-2013   #14
sandmanx
Veteran

Rep Power: 2264 sandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
The Oilers no longer exist.
They were dead to me the second they left the city. Once Bud croaks I'll probably not hate them as much.
sandmanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Glad we won but I expect the Texans to beat the Titans every single time they meet. I don't just dislike your team, I hate everything about them. I wish them nothing but pain and misery (professionally) for the duration of all of their careers (or to the extent that those careers take place in Nashville).

Having said that I think that a) Locker appears to be turning the corner a bit and b) The Titans defense is again competent and not to be underestimated.

It shouldn't have been that close though. The Texans played one of the worst games I've seen them play, missing FG's like crazy and throwing picks and still rolled to 30 points, 452 yards, and 25 first downs.

If Schaub doesn't come out and crap himself most of the day that game looks more like what most of us expected.
Old 09-15-2013   #16
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmanx View Post
They were dead to me the second they left the city. Once Bud croaks I'll probably not hate them as much.
QFT
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #17
Sevenfeet
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Sevenfeet is a quality contributor and well respectedSevenfeet is a quality contributor and well respectedSevenfeet is a quality contributor and well respectedSevenfeet is a quality contributor and well respectedSevenfeet is a quality contributor and well respectedSevenfeet is a quality contributor and well respectedSevenfeet is a quality contributor and well respectedSevenfeet is a quality contributor and well respectedSevenfeet is a quality contributor and well respectedSevenfeet is a quality contributor and well respectedSevenfeet is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys are what we thought you were (a great team). And we nearly had you guys put away. But we're going to continue to get better and we will be back. But the Texans are clearly not invincible. The end of the year game at LP field will be interesting for sure.
Sevenfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #18
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenfeet View Post
You guys are what we thought you were (a great team). And we nearly had you guys put away. But we're going to continue to get better and we will be back. But the Texans are clearly not invincible. The end of the year game at LP field will be interesting for sure.
Hopefully for you guys and not the Texans.

I think the AFCS will send two teams this year though, and thus far the Titans look like they could be the 2nd team. Still think the Texans have way too much talent to lose the division.
Old 09-15-2013   #19
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163027 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
GG. Your defense is legit. Like ours "high risk/high reward". Hopefully that last game of the season will be meaningless as both teams are in the playoffs
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #20
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm so happy the titans lost. I'm not happy we almost gifted a win at home with some half hearted play

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read