Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Facts About Pro Football (20 pics)

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Facts About Pro Football (20 pics)

I'm not sure of the accuracy of these, as I have already found one wrong one with the name "Texans". There have been more than four teams that have used the name, and not all have been hockey teams (according to Wiki, there have been 7 teams including our current Houston team).

But some of these are fun (just a few for the thread, the rest are at the above link):

football_facts_01.jpg

football_facts_09.jpg

football_facts_05.jpg

football_facts_04.jpg

^this one is probably my favorite. Hope it's true.

football_facts_16.jpg

Any profit made by the league is distributed among the 32 teams, who then pay taxes on that income. So, not really tax-exempt. Also, I'm fairly certain Teddy didn't invent the forward pass.

Don't know how true this is, but I read somewhere in high school that Cumberland College kept kicking off to Georgia Tech, even when Georgia Tech scored; so really only 1 team had the ball the entire game. If that's true, then the score is misleading.

BTW, James Naismith is from Almonte; 20 minutes from Smiths Falls ;)

I'm not sure of the accuracy of these, as I have already found one wrong one with the name "Texans". There have been more than four teams that have used the name, and not all have been hockey teams (according to Wiki, there have been 7 teams including our current Houston team).

football_facts_04.jpg

^this one is probably my favorite. Hope it's true.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100317&highlight=Shrovetide

It's called Shrovetide. I posted a thread about it a while back. It's still played to this day. People not from there can play, but they just aren't allowed to score.

[IMGwidthsize=400]http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/8/105/full/1504.gif[/IMG]
The Canadian Football League's San Antonio Texans.

Back