Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-06-2005   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Glenn Earl

Glenn Earl is being touted as a 2nd year player ready to have a breakout season from ourlads-

Glenn Earl, S Houston Texans
Earl came to the Texans last season following a knee injury at Notre Dame, but displayed enough for coaches to be intrigued with his potential. Earl has very good physical tools in run support and has the speed to develop into a better cover guy than former Texan Eric Brown. Earl displays good football intelligence, but just needs more reps to avoid mistakes in coverage.

http://www.ourlads.com/ColumnJun25AFCsouth.html
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally I didn't notice all the things he did but then again I never really looked for it. I do know that our secondary has displayed talent all over the place because we had quite a few INTs for a team that did not rush the QB. I am going to have to really take a look at this guy during camp.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005   #3
The Preacher
Veteran

The list of players to watch for us defensively keeps growing. Personally I wouldn't be surprised if our D had the biggest jump in stats in the league. Possibly 15 spots more likely 10. 24th? to 10-15. If we can stay healthy and start the year shutting down jp and bIG ben the stage would be set.
The Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005   #4
qtab
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
Glenn Earl is being touted as a 2nd year player ready to have a breakout season from ourlads-
Good, because I just dropped $100 on a Glenn Earl jersey.
qtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005   #5
stephen1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtab
Good, because I just dropped $100 on a Glenn Earl jersey.
you serious? thats a lot

anyways earl will be a good solid safety once he gets more playing time. he was mostly consistent last year except for the occasional mental error. once he reduces those he will be a good safety
stephen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005   #6
qtab
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen1
you serious? thats a lot
Yes, the good thing about NFL Shop is that you can get any name/number on a replica jersey. Bad thing is the price, $10-$20 more than a "stock" replica jersey.
qtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #7
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

so how much are the sharper and glenn texans jerseys going for now days?
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-08-2005   #8
Panther5407
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy
so how much are the sharper and glenn texans jerseys going for now days?
I just saw a Sharper at academy for 35 i think. the rest of the jerseys are 55
Old 07-08-2005   #9
jr0ck
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jr0ck

Quote:
Personally I didn't notice all the things he did but then again I never really looked for it. I do know that our secondary has displayed talent all over the place because we had quite a few INTs for a team that did not rush the QB. I am going to have to really take a look at this guy during camp.
i think that speaks, inadvertantly, pretty highly of his play. he may not have fit the "playmaker" criteria last year (which is a phrase tossed around WAY to much on this board, and it is yet to be seen with glenny boy), he was solid enough coming in as a rook (and off of a major knee injury) that no one pulled out the 'matt stevens' flag on him. i think he has the talent and potential to be one of our growing number of steals, somewhere higher than 'petey' and possibly in the DD range. im excited to watch him progress...well i'm just plain 'ol excited for the season to start period
Old 07-08-2005   #10
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

I think the only way you can even mention someone in the same class as Stevens unless its a scarecrow or something to that effect.
Old 07-09-2005   #11
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

I think the most impressive thing about GE was his run support. He seemed to be making tackles behind the line of scrimmage more than Foreman, which says a lot to me.
ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005   #12
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 88409 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr0ck
i think that speaks, inadvertantly, pretty highly of his play. he may not have fit the "playmaker" criteria last year (which is a phrase tossed around WAY to much on this board, and it is yet to be seen with glenny boy), he was solid enough coming in as a rook (and off of a major knee injury) that no one pulled out the 'matt stevens' flag on him. i think he has the talent and potential to be one of our growing number of steals, somewhere higher than 'petey' and possibly in the DD range. im excited to watch him progress...well i'm just plain 'ol excited for the season to start period

My thoughts exactly . I have become a fan of GE's when we drafted him . I just have a good sense of if a guy is gonna make it or not . He showed in the time he played last year that he will become an above average player in this leauge .
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005   #13
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Earl was slated as the second best safety in the NCAA going in to the 2003-04 season only behind Sean Taylor, so if not for his injury, we probably wouldnt have seen Earl fall past the middle of the 2nd round, picking him up were we did was a steal, and though he wasnt intirely impressive his rookie year, he showed that he is solid starter material and he will only get better.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read