Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2013   #1
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43787 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The pick play

Serious question about the 1-yd TD to Eddie Royal... where the refs initially threw a flag but later picked it up.

So why did they pick up the flag? I'm not an expert in regards to the legalities of setting a pick for receivers, but it looks like a clear pick to me. Did it have anything to do with still being behind the LOS?

I didn't see much protest from the Texans, so I assumed the refs made the right call.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...wice-for-Royal
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #2
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 127519 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The pick play

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Serious question about the 1-yd TD to Eddie Royal... where the refs initially threw a flag but later picked it up.

So why did they pick up the flag? I'm not an expert in regards to the legalities of setting a pick for receivers, but it looks like a clear pick to me. Did it have anything to do with still being behind the LOS?

I didn't see much protest from the Texans, so I assumed the refs made the right call.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...wice-for-Royal
The WR was blocking with his body before the other WR caught the ball, thought it was illegal, hell i dunno
Old 09-10-2013   #3
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
The WR was blocking with his body before the other WR caught the ball, thought it was illegal, hell i dunno
I'm pretty sure it is. There was a play this weekend (too many games to remember) where the WR was blocking downfield before the receiver caught the ball on a screen pass: He was called for pass interference.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #4
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12237 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, good question. I'm still scratching my head on that one. Did we miss something? I never heard an explanation.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #5
pissknocker
Veteran

Rep Power: 969 pissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respected

It is legal because it happened less than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage. Per mike pereira
pissknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #6
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43787 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pissknocker View Post
It is legal because it happened less than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage. Per mike pereira
That's the only thing I can think of that would make some kind of sense. Thanks!
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #7
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

It looks to me like the ball was already out of Rivers' hand when the receiver got ready to shield off the defender.
I wonder if it has anything to do with it.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2013   #8
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57418 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pissknocker View Post
This...
Old 09-10-2013   #9
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Off topic, but I'm watching NFL channel right now and they are saying that the penalty on the FG attempt and saying it wasn't warranted. Not a single comment on the pick play.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read