Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The pick play

dream_team

Hall of Fame
Serious question about the 1-yd TD to Eddie Royal... where the refs initially threw a flag but later picked it up.

So why did they pick up the flag? I'm not an expert in regards to the legalities of setting a pick for receivers, but it looks like a clear pick to me. Did it have anything to do with still being behind the LOS?

I didn't see much protest from the Texans, so I assumed the refs made the right call.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000241720/Lightning-strikes-twice-for-Royal

Serious question about the 1-yd TD to Eddie Royal... where the refs initially threw a flag but later picked it up.

So why did they pick up the flag? I'm not an expert in regards to the legalities of setting a pick for receivers, but it looks like a clear pick to me. Did it have anything to do with still being behind the LOS?

I didn't see much protest from the Texans, so I assumed the refs made the right call.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000241720/Lightning-strikes-twice-for-Royal

The WR was blocking with his body before the other WR caught the ball, thought it was illegal, hell i dunno

The WR was blocking with his body before the other WR caught the ball, thought it was illegal, hell i dunno

I'm pretty sure it is. There was a play this weekend (too many games to remember) where the WR was blocking downfield before the receiver caught the ball on a screen pass: He was called for pass interference.

Yeah, good question. I'm still scratching my head on that one. Did we miss something? I never heard an explanation.

It looks to me like the ball was already out of Rivers' hand when the receiver got ready to shield off the defender.
I wonder if it has anything to do with it.

Off topic, but I'm watching NFL channel right now and they are saying that the penalty on the FG attempt and saying it wasn't warranted. Not a single comment on the pick play.

Back