Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-14-2013   #61
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 208960 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Week 2 vs Titans - Let's predict

It's our home opener, Ninja is hungry, we'll win. It's the last game of the season when we travel to Tennessee that has me worried.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013   #62
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104085 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
It's our home opener, Ninja is hungry, we'll win. It's the last game of the season when we travel to Tennessee that has me worried.
Division away games are never (except with the Jags) a given. Agreed.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013   #63
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

I predict an ass whooping of epic proportions, tacks go home with their possum tails between their legs.
Old 09-14-2013   #64
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104085 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

I just hope Foster gets back on track. I wanna see him play hungry.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #65
Sevenfeet
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Sevenfeet is a quality contributor and well respectedSevenfeet is a quality contributor and well respectedSevenfeet is a quality contributor and well respectedSevenfeet is a quality contributor and well respectedSevenfeet is a quality contributor and well respectedSevenfeet is a quality contributor and well respectedSevenfeet is a quality contributor and well respectedSevenfeet is a quality contributor and well respectedSevenfeet is a quality contributor and well respectedSevenfeet is a quality contributor and well respectedSevenfeet is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Indeed, we shall see. I know it's an old clique, but it is the reason they play the game. It could be close in the 4th but I see the Texans trying to shut down the run game and make Jake beat them with his arm. If that's the way it comes down, do you have the faith in your QB that he can get it done?
The defense has to keep us in the game early on to give the offense enough time too get a rhythm going. The offense getting a slow start has been a weakness of this team.

If I were you guys, I'd keep a lookout for a few players under the radar. While everybody talks about CJ, it was Jackie Battle, the 3rd string RB who scored the winning only TD last week. During that drive we passed once and ran 11 times. When the Steelers weren't trying to run down the 190 lb speed back, they were getting run over by the 240 lb bruiser. With Shoen Greene, the #2 back still nursing a tweaked knee from last week, look for more Battle on the field backing up CJ.

And on the wide receiver core, Damien Williams who has been very reliable of late is out with a tweaked hammy. That puts rookie receiver Justin Hunter into the mix, and everyone likes his talent and upside. All he lacks is experience.

Finally, Locker has been more accurate of late but it's still a big question mark. Since the running game was clearly working last week, we just went with that. I think this week Jake is going to have to move the chains himself more.
Sevenfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #66
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesuns View Post
Bob's team 31, Bud's team 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
34-20 Texans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Texans by 10. Will there be a watch party?
All of you guys were close.... Tesuns the closest.... Dread, on a technicality.
Old 09-15-2013   #67
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Got to give it to the Tacks. Their D is for real.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-15-2013   #68
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Got to give it to the Tacks. Their D is for real.
I only see 2 sacks credited to their defensive players. Looked like (& I'm sure Schaub felt more than that).
Old 09-15-2013   #69
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I only see 2 sacks credited to their defensive players. Looked like (& I'm sure Schaub felt more than that).
Yep, I'm more worried about them than Indy going forward. Have a great D is paramount to succeed. Still not sold on Luck being a surefire elite QB either.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #70
wpsharpshooter
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 wpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I would be lying if I said I was not pissed off for losing. I figured TN would come in and get mopped but for them to hang in there it made the loss worse lol. I can move on though because our defense actually (at this point anyways) looks "ok". I just wish Locker was a better QB. Congrats on a good game guys. Til next time...
wpsharpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #71
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpsharpshooter View Post
Well, I would be lying if I said I was not pissed off for losing. I figured TN would come in and get mopped but for them to hang in there it made the loss worse lol. I can move on though because our defense actually (at this point anyways) looks "ok". I just wish Locker was a better QB. Congrats on a good game guys. Til next time...
I'm not looking forward to seeing that defense @Tennessee, but if we can find a way to improve our pass protection, you're going to hate Bernard Pollard. Our TEs worked him all day long (rewatch the game if you get a chance)... Schaub just didn't have a chance to get the ball out.
Old 09-16-2013   #72
wpsharpshooter
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 wpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm not looking forward to seeing that defense @Tennessee, but if we can find a way to improve our pass protection, you're going to hate Bernard Pollard. Our TEs worked him all day long (rewatch the game if you get a chance)... Schaub just didn't have a chance to get the ball out.
I have been following him all preseason. I like his attitude, I just wished his skills matched it. He isnt that good at coverage and his tackling leaves much to be desired. Im hoping to see a lot more George Wilson than Pollard. You guys definitely got the better Raven lol.
wpsharpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read