Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2013   #21
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99799 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Week 2 vs Titans - Let's predict

Budd Adams being unhappy...makes me delirious.

Texans by 10. Will there be a watch party?
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #22
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I predict our second win. I also predict I'll be watching this one live. LOL
Just make sure you don't oversleep, Thorn.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #23
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

According to their message boards, we're going to lose 42-0.
Old 09-10-2013   #24
HouTx11
Veteran

Rep Power: 2075 HouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Best guess: 31 - 17 Texans.
HouTx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #25
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42996 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Not the board I'm on...we're too pessimistic by nature, even when our team is good, to go that far.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #26
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Win by 7. I think the Titans pass game is going to look like crap, but their rushing attack will be good enough to keep them hanging around. I think the Texans pass game isn't as prolific but I believe the running game will work much better.

It's a good thing Jake Locker doesn't get nearly the attention of being terrible that Blaine Gabbert gets. Hopefully the Titans extend him.
Old 09-10-2013   #27
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53447 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
9 sounds really really high, although without having watched the TEN/PIT game I cannot say for sure. One Steeler fan I know said that both teams were just trying to give the game away and the Titans just played less ****ty than Pittsburgh did.

opened at -8.5

5dimes is -10
mgm/caesars -9
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2013   #28
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13798 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Some funny stuff over there.

Some seem to believe they beat the 07-08 Patriots with how great their defense is now. I mean they did beat down a team with a aging QB who has no weapons and no Oline, so maybe they are right?

Realistically though I can't see it. They have a good running game, but the Texans are pretty stout against the run and they eat decent QBs alive. Not to mention it is our home opener AND after the slow start last week they will be making it a emphasis to start stronger.

It could be competitive for a while since it's a division game but I think the Texans should win comfortably.
Old 09-10-2013   #29
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 155499 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
Not the board I'm on...we're too pessimistic by nature, even when our team is good, to go that far.
As you well know, I like posting on your board. titanstailgate.com has some nice folks there. If you guys would like some honest and friendly contact with Titan fans, that's the place to do it. Of course if you troll them I'm sure they are quite capable of hitting back. LOL

But I've been posting there off an on for several years now and have had nothing but a good experience with them.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #30
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
As you well know, I like posting on your board. titanstailgate.com has some nice folks there. If you guys would like some honest and friendly contact with Titan fans, that's the place to do it. Of course if you troll them I'm sure they are quite capable of hitting back. LOL

But I've been posting there off an on for several years now and have had nothing but a good experience with them.
You've been napping with the enemy huh Thorn?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #31
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42996 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
You've been napping with the enemy huh Thorn?
Its ok, we're tired too.

Old 09-10-2013   #32
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18476 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

They're still shaking some rust off in game 2 but the Texans win 31-24.

Welcome back Antonio Smith, we surely missed you yesterday.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #33
potisyourfriend
All Pro

Rep Power: 1624 potisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think the Titans can put 20 on us at home. You stop CJ and they are left with nothing on offense.
My lame Z build
My lame youtube channel
potisyourfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #34
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 16963 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They sure know about football. Don't they?
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #35
toronto
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by potisyourfriend View Post
I don't think the Titans can put 20 on us at home. You stop CJ and they are left with nothing on offense.
He is nowhere near 2009 CJ. I am closing in on being convinced he is one of the most overrated names in the NFL

Old 09-10-2013   #36
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok guys i was watching the movie now you see me (some of you may remember i picked the exact score of the first play off game against the bengals)

Watching this movie made me dig into my deeper physic and here is what it revealed to me.

Texans 51 Titans 13

Schaub with 423 yards and 4 TDs
AJ 237 yards and 2 TDs
Foster with 181 yards and 1 TD
JJ Watt with 5 sacks
JoJo with an int

BANK on it boys, we are going to destroy the titans, and Kubiak will show something rarely seen in his tenure as head coach of the texans. He will put his foot on the throat of the titans and squeeze the life out of them.....

Now here is my prediction before i reached my spiritual inter self

Texans 28 Titans 17

I like my spiritual version better though
Old 09-10-2013   #37
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 87098 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans score 31

Titans score 9 which coincidently is the same average amount of teeth the average Titan fan has which coincidently is the same average Winderlich score the average Titan fan gets which coincidently is the same average grade level the the average Titan fan completes which coincidently is the same average amount of goats the average Titan fan bangs which coincidently is the same average length in Centimeters the average Titan schlong measures (women too)
Old 09-10-2013   #38
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 172585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans -- 45

Titans -- 2 possums, 3 coonskins, 6 inbreds, and a toof.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #39
Scarecrow
CEO of PPO

Rep Power: 0 Scarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respected

24-14

Tits
Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #40
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28847 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans Home opener vs. the Tacks. It's hard for me to see this as anything but a blowout. 38-12 Texans.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read