Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-02-2013   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 232779 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Game Week: MNF @San Diego

Monday Night Football
Houston at San Diego 9:20 pm CDT ESPN

Opening this as a game week thread for news/quotes/cheers/chatter or whatever.

I don't care who opens these throughout the season -- there's no mojo here like the gameday thread.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #2
HouTx11
Veteran

Rep Power: 4237 HouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Exclamation Re: Texans Game Week: MNF @San Diego

The Texans owe the Chargers a big whoopin'. I hope the Chargers get their full payment Monday Night.
HouTx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #3
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 232779 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Game Week: MNF @San Diego

Cierre Wood #41
Quote:
Deepi Sidhu ‏@DeepSlant 1m
Quote:
Wood: Kubiak was the primary reason why he chose @HoustonTexans. Coach said everyone had an equal chance to make team, no favorites.

Wood: Was called by the Redskins. Didn't like their RB situation. "I felt like this was the perfect spot for me." @HoustonTexans

Wood: Daughter Braelin is about to turn 2 on September 29. Was the first person he called, even though she can't talk yet. @HoustonTexans

Wood says he is playing to take care of his daughter and family. "I could care less about me." @HoustonTexans

Wood: If I was hurt, you don't know it. If I was tired, you wouldn't know it. (on playing to feed his family) @HoustonTexans
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
Quote:
Wood said he tried the same stiff-arm he made in Dallas on Brian Cushing and Cush "almost broke my arm off." #Texans

"Not getting drafted, that was really, really saddening to me," Wood says. Said he thought the Cowboys were going to draft him. #Texans

Teo handed him the phone once to talk to his girlfriend. Wood took the phone, said hello, thought nothing of it. #Texans

Cierre Wood says he gets asked about Manti Teo constantly. Was his roommate at Notre Dame. #Texans

"College is different. You can make a lot of cuts and make things happen. This is not college by any means," Cierre Wood. #Texans

Wood said the way he played the night before took some burden off his shoulders. #Texans

"I still can't really believe it." Cierre Wood on making the team. "... I'm shocked every day that I wake up." #Texans
AJ Bouye #34
Quote:
Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Quote:
Bouye said his dad yelled when he told him he made the team. Said he thought his dad was the only person who really believed in him. #Texans

"I learned my lesson." Bouye about his celebration on the star in Dallas. #TexansTalk

A.J. Bouye said he couldn't sleep Thursday night. Stayed up watching ESPN.
Daniel Gotera ‏@DTGoteraKHOU
Quote:
Bouye chose the Texans over San Diego, Philadelphia and Arizona. He has a grandfather that lives in Houston which helped the decision
Quote:
Bouye says the toughest receiver to cover besides Andre is Keshawn Martin. Said Lestar Jean's routes are "different" and tough, too. #Texans

A.J. Bouye says he picked the #Texans because he has a grandfather in Houston and knew he had a good chance of making the team.

Bouye thinks his 4.5 40 time hurt his draft chances. Ran it at his pro day and said he was hurt that week. #Texans
Justin Tuggle #95
Quote:
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Quote:
Justin Tuggle went to Kansas State as QB and moved to LB last season. Could have helped K State not blow opener on Saturday.

LB Justin Tuggle made Texans like his dad Jessie Tuggle made Falcons: undrafted FA.
Deepi Sidhu ‏@DeepSlant
Quote:
Tuggle: Grew up watching his dad (LB Jessie Tuggle) at training camp. Knew this is what I wanted to do. @HoustonTexans

Tuggle: When I came in, I was rotating with 3rd team. It took a lot to get where I am. @HoustonTexans

Tuggle played ILB in 4-3 defense. Says his versatility in being able to play both the outside/inside probably helped him make team.

LB Justin Tuggle: "It was a big day for me and a big day for him." (on sharing the news of making the team with his dad.)
Willie Jefferson #54
Quote:
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Quote:
Willie Jefferson went to Baylor as WR and he was moved to DE. Texans moved him to OLB in 3-4.

Jefferson reported at 233. Now he's up to 248 and he's 6-5. Got to eat 5 meals a day. Now he eats 4 meals to try to keep weight on.
Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew
Quote:
"This is a southside fade."- Jefferson on his hairstyle, which he's worn since 9th grade. #Texans

Jefferson: "I had a little list ready," of people to call when he made the #Texans. His dad was 1st person he called.

Jefferson said he was w/RB Cierre Wood when he found he made the #Texans. They were staring at phone all day.

OLB Wilie Jefferson coming to podium now. Said he feels "blessed" to be a #Texan.
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 10m
Quote:
By team meeting time, Jefferson hadn't gotten a call or been told he was cut, so he went to the meeting and figured he made it. #Texans

On cut day Jefferson tried to stay away from the coaches. If they couldn't find him, they couldn't cut him. #Texans

Willie Jefferson said he & Cierre Wood sat in their hotel rooms staring at their phones Friday. Both undrafted rookies made the #Texans
Whitney Mercilus #59
Quote:
"What I'm looking forward to is making a lot of plays, showing why the Texans drafted me. ... Why I belong in the NFL," Mercilus. #Texans

"They can't just focus on one person if we have edge pressure," Mercilus on getting more QB pressure from the outside. #Texans

"I'll be able to produce double-digit sacks" Whitney Mercilus #Texans

"I thought it was just a cramp. Kinda sucked. ... It was actually a grade 1 straing." Whitney Mercilus #Texans

Question to Whitney Mercilus: You ready to go? "For sure." #Texans

Last edited by Playoffs; 09-02-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Old 09-02-2013   #4
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 2473 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice! Be awesome if we had some Ed Reed updates!!!
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #5
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I like what I'm hearing.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #6
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, if Whitney can be a beast on the edge that'd be huge.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #7
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leawood Hustla View Post
lol at wood talking to teo's girlfriend lol
I read it as Wood talking to his girlfriend, met through Teo. Guess I read it wrong lol
Sponsored links
Old 09-02-2013   #8
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

yay, except for the 9:20pm start .....
Old 09-02-2013   #9
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
Nice! Be awesome if we had some Ed Reed updates!!!
Reed in pads for first time as Texan

Quote:
“He came out today and ran around with his shoulder pads on,” Joseph said. “You know that’s a start.”

Whether Reed plays in a week on Monday Night Football against the Chargers in San Diego to open the season still remains in question.

Gary Kubiak said last week that the Texans will probably make a decision about Ed Reed’s availability for the Week 1 opener on Monday or Tuesday. Reed’s secondary mate still doesn’t know if he’ll have a nine time Pro Bowler lining up next to him at safety, or Shiloh Keo.

“Obviously the head coach has the final say so in those things,” Joseph said. “So I’m just waiting to see.”
Gotta start somewhere...
Old 09-02-2013   #10
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199795 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
I read it as Wood talking to his girlfriend, met through Teo. Guess I read it wrong lol
Yeah. That was funny. Sounded to me like Te'o was talking on the phone to his imaginary GF, handed the phone to Cierre, who then talked to her for a bit, and then gave the phone back to Te'o.

The cojones on that scammer.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #11
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 35346 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Teo handed him the phone once to talk to his girlfriend. Wood took the phone, said hello, thought nothing of it.

(you never the hear the person on the other end)
Old 09-02-2013   #12
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123665 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

For those of you who might not know much about Wood, he was suspended last season for two games although Coach Kelly never said exactly why, some intimated booze but what I was able to find out was MJ more than likely. I really like this kid and thought he turned it around once on field last season. Kept his pie hole shut when another started. Here are some tidbits for your consumption:

ihatemistate - Aug 28, 2012 at 9:45 AM
"First of all, NEVER underestimate your opponent. All this “we’ll be fine without Wood for the Navy game” is really stupid. Second, I am really getting sick of ND players getting in trouble and acting like bustouts. After reading Cierre Wood on twitter, it’s no surprise. He thinks it’s cool to talk and SPELL like a gangsta. Hard to believe he’s a college senior, let alone at ND, and if anyone deserved to get expelled it was Tommy Rees for fighting with a police officer. He doesn’t deserve to step foot on ND campus after that."

vegasmark - Aug 26, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Any insight on a reason for the suspension?

7 7
dmac4real - Aug 26, 2012 at 1:32 PM
"Ms. Mary Jane would be the reason."

bernhtp - Aug 26, 2012 at 1:55 PM
"Regardless of what one believes about weed, Cierre knew the rules and the consequences. If the rumors are true, this shows a lack of respect for Notre Dame, the coaches, his teammates, and himself. I hope he learns from this because life is long."
Old 09-02-2013   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123665 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...for-nfl-draft/

He can pack the rock and catch also, reminds me of Tate in size and skills.

Here is his stats:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/...50/cierre-wood

Combine: http://www.uhnd.com/articles/nfl-iri...combine-13177/
Wood ran a respectable 4.56 40 yard dash which was good enough for 14th best among the 33 running backs that participated in the drill. Wood, however, was one of the top performers in the broad jump (124 inches) and the vertical jump (37.5 inches). Both of those numbers placed Wood 4th among all participants at running back.

With his performance, Wood likely solidified himself as a mid round selection. Where he could really have helped himself even more was in the interviews, but unfortunately no one outside of Wood and the teams he talked to know if those helped or hurt his stock and the questions teams likely had around his 2-game suspension and why he lost the starting job to Theo Riddick in 2012 after a 1,000 yard season in 2011.

Interesting article from pro day: He finished with a 4.52 in the 40, second only to receiver Robby Toma's 4.50. And he put up 18 reps on the bench press.
http://espn.go.com/blog/notre-dame-f...ion-at-pro-day
Old 09-02-2013   #14
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 2473 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Reed in pads for first time as Texan

Gotta start somewhere...
Thanks a lot man I mean really I've been waiting on some news all freakin day.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013   #15
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

"My past fell off my shoulders" -- Willie Jefferson

"This is my goldfish, Larry." -- Cierre Wood
Old 09-03-2013   #16
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

PDS ‏@PatDStat
Quote:
Keshawn Martin will do both kick and punt return duties for the #Texans.

Keshawn was 5th in punt return yardage and 17th in kickoff return yardage in 2012.
Old 09-03-2013   #17
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104108 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
PDS ‏@PatDStat

Keshawn was 5th in punt return yardage and 17th in kickoff return yardage in 2012.
Kiss of death. He'll be cut soon enough, picked up by another AFC team, and make the ProBowl or Super Bowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013   #18
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
He left the division, but Duane Brown isn't rid of Dwight Freeney yet. http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...e-with-freeney … #Texans

"For some reason in football once you're over the age of 30 you're too old" Andre Johnson. Thinks he can have better year than last year. #Texans
James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
Quote:
(2/2)"I'm looking for him to break some big ones." - Duane Brown on #Texans RB Arian Foster

"He told me he's fine, he looks like he's in shape. We're going to pave the way for him and (1/2)

A lot of talk about what Monday will be like for Cushing today. Said he'll take a moment to soak it all in pregame. #texans

Injury updates: Ed Reed practices no one knows if hell play. Wade Smith said its not up to him if he plays. Working in parts of practice

Andre Johnson said the doesn't think that Ed Reed would be on the field if he wasn't feeling alright. But said only Ed knows if he's playing

DeAndre Hopkins practiced with team. Will play Monday. #texans
Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew
Quote:
"Newt's 10 times better than he was last year." - Brandon Brooks today on Derek Newton #Texans

In last 3 season openers, #Texans won by avg of 32.6 to 13.6. (many of these tidbits courtesy of @TexansPR)

The #Texans are 6-5 all-time in season openers & 4-3 under Gary Kubiak in season openers.

If you didn't already know, Chris Berman/Trent Dilfer handling play-by-play/color commentary for #Texans @ Chargers.
Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Quote:
It's still unclear if Ed Reed and Wade Smith will be ready for the #Texans opener on Monday: http://bit.ly/17xkape #TexansTalk

Jackson also said Reed looked "pretty good out there." #TexansTalk

"You can kind of tell he’s not entirely 100 percent but he’s working to get back 100 percent." Kareem Jackson on Ed Reed #TexansTalk

"I play left guard and I’m not a decision maker here but if I’m ready to go physically, I’ll be playing." -- Wade Smith #Texans

Left guard Wade Smith said he still isn't sure if he'll be back for the opener. Said it's not up to him. #TexansTalk

Last edited by Playoffs; 09-03-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old 09-03-2013   #19
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
yay, except for the 9:20pm start .....
Try 10:20 here.
Old 09-03-2013   #20
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Why I don't think the Chargers will be able to score more than 10 points against the Texans:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/s...nti-teo-083013
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read