Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2013   #1
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Fire Lestar Jean Thread

Don't know why anyone still likes the guy, and he made two boneheaded plays that killed all of our offensive momentum.
Old 09-10-2013   #2
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fire Lestar Jean Thread

I hope he cleans this up in the future, or he will be replace by a Lemon!
Old 09-10-2013   #3
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 19116 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Did he ever come back in the game? I don't remember him being on the field at all in the second half. Rightfully so.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #4
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Don't know why anyone still likes the guy, and he made two boneheaded plays that killed all of our offensive momentum.
I'm far from a Jean fan, but he made 2 very correctable mistakes. He'll start seeing the field less as Posey gets more healthy.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #5
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105102 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Did he ever come back in the game? I don't remember him being on the field at all in the second half. Rightfully so.
Especially since DeAndre turned it up in the 2nd half.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #6
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

jean, newton, and keo on defense. if we can correct those personnel errors (and will for two of them), we are significantly upgraded.
Old 09-10-2013   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I'm far from a Jean fan, but he made 2 very correctable mistakes. He'll start seeing the field less as Posey gets more healthy.
I wouldn't even try to correct it. 9 times out of 10, neither gets called. Ok... 8 out of 10.

The first player he got locked up with fell backwards, had nothing to do with the play, wasn't going after the ball.

The second one, he fell backwards & the player he was engaged with was running over him.

He let go a half a second too late.

No big deal.
Old 09-10-2013   #8
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't see much out of Jean, but I thought both of his calls were pretty ticky tack stuff. Those kinda blocks happen on every play and they never get flagged
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #9
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Wait until mistakes are confirmed to be a pattern before calling for someone's head.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #10
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 19116 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I wouldn't even try to correct it. 9 times out of 10, neither gets called. Ok... 8 out of 10.

The first player he got locked up with fell backwards, had nothing to do with the play, wasn't going after the ball.

The second one, he fell backwards & the player he was engaged with was running over him.

No big deal.
Ok.. TK what part of holding do you understand? I do not understand why you think this was a minor hold it was glaring obvious in the middle of the field both times.

#1 you can't hold outside the shoulder pads which he clearly did, then pulled on the jersey on the outside this will get flagged 99% of the time.

#2 if you are falling down and clearly grab the jersey and pull down the guy you are blocking this will get flagged 99% of the time as well.

I'm not sure why you think these plays were ok.

Old 09-10-2013   #11
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

No big deal.
I'm with you that they could have easily been no calls, but with experience he'll learn how to not even make it close. Not releasable offenses in my view though.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #12
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I'm with you that they could have easily been no calls, but with experience he'll learn how to not even make it close. Not releasable offenses in my view though.
Most holds never get called. If so JJ Watt would draw a flag on every play.
The refs were ticky tack on a lot of calls this game. The holds especially.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #13
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
The refs were ticky tack on a lot of calls this game. The holds especially.
It's easier to call a hold on the outside. Jean was unnecessarily holding on both plays. We don't know if or how many other plays that he held, because they weren't called. A clear example of a guy who doesn't know what he's doing. He's not a NFL WR.
Old 09-10-2013   #14
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

I would bring in Leon Washington and Joshua Cribbs. If both are healthy, I would sign 1,let martin focus on the slot,and cut jean. Cribbs or Washington upgrades the kick and punt teams instantly. Cribbs can be the 5th wr, washington can be the 3ri
d down back.
Old 09-10-2013   #15
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
I would bring in Leon Washington and Joshua Cribbs. If both are healthy, I would sign 1,let martin focus on the slot,and cut jean. Cribbs or Washington upgrades the kick and punt teams instantly. Cribbs can be the 5th wr, washington can be the 3ri
d down back.
yuuuup!
Old 09-10-2013   #16
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
jean, newton, and keo on defense. if we can correct those personnel errors (and will for two of them), we are significantly upgraded.
Keo made 2 HUGE plays today. Not a huge fan of his but can't put him in the errors mark for today at least.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #17
Scooter
Funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
Keo made 2 HUGE plays today. Not a huge fan of his but can't put him in the errors mark for today at least.

Mike
he made one huge play, and it was on special teams. i'm looking at the replay and cant say the ball gets caught regardless (yes it was a great hit). he also let several go. the first play of the second half is the first to come to mind. that play doesnt get made with reed on the field because A) the ball doesnt get thrown, or B) reed picks it off. keo is too slow to the ball, on that play joseph is absolutely perfect and keo is 4 yards behind.
Old 09-10-2013   #18
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Quote:
he made one huge play, and it was on special teams. i'm looking at the replay and cant say the ball gets caught regardless (yes it was a great hit). he also let several go. the first play of the second half is the first to come to mind. that play doesnt get made with reed on the field because A) the ball doesnt get thrown, or B) reed picks it off. keo is too slow to the ball, on that play joseph is absolutely perfect and keo is 4 yards behind.
Yah on the first play of the half he just stood and watched JJ fight the guy for the ball you got to get in there and at least get a hit on the guy and try to break the ball free.

Old 09-10-2013   #19
rustygallier
Rookie

Quote:
It was Keo's audible on the fake punt, Kubiak had no Idea until the play was snapped. Good call by Keo.... I heard him talk about it on the post game show......
rustygallier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #20
Scooter
Funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustygallier View Post
It was Keo's audible on the fake punt, Kubiak had no Idea until the play was snapped. Good call by Keo.... I heard him talk about it on the post game show......
dont get me wrong, i have no problem what so ever with keo, i absolutely love specialists. my problem is that keo is a specialist and has no business playing defense. braman only slighty less so - and only because he's in more of a hustle position. these guys are special teamers, great special teamers - but ONLY special teamers. he was the weakest link - not crick or swearinger or mccain. dilfer was correct when saying that san diego kept exploiting matchups ... those matchups are tilted much more in our favor with glover quin or ed reed on the back end.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read