Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-18-2013   #21
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: To UT fans only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
I don't think your statement is true that Mack can't recruit.
Mack sucks, Johnny Manziel and now apparently Jameis Winston both came knocking and Mack turned them both away for what? This crap we have right now at QB? Dude is toast, time to turn the page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
How would you feel about Schiano at Texas?
No, I can't see this. Can you really picture a hard nose New Jersey guy being the head coach of the Horns? No way. I know the Civil War is over and all, however Schiano carries all of those old "Yankee" sterotypes that most Texans can't relate to. There is no way Texas kids would relate to this guy.

As one that follows the Bucs and was at the game last Sunday, I still don't know what to think of the guy. I like hard ass types like Parcells and Coughlin, and Schiano is in the mold. However I think he needs to tone it down or he will be gone from here very soon.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #22
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

No, I can't see this. Can you really picture a hard nose New Jersey guy being the head coach of the Horns? No way. I know the Civil War is over and all, however Schiano carries all of those old "Yankee" sterotypes that most Texans can't relate to. There is no way Texas kids would relate to this guy.
I don't know about that, Schiano seems to be all about over the top macho bull****, and that sounds exactly what Texans have been pining for in a head coach anywhere in this state, professional or collegiate level.
Old 09-20-2013   #23
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Wasn't Major Applewhite considered an heir apparent at one time? Thoughts on him succeeding Brown?
Old 09-21-2013   #24
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

My god David Ash is horrible, he was really the best option to lead this team ?
Old 09-21-2013   #25
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
My god David Ash is horrible, he was really the best option to lead this team ?
Unfortunately yes

Mack turned down both JM and Winston. LOL

Art Briles is who I want to be the next HC. He has a great relationship with high school coaches and is one of the best at developing QB's. I've heard he despises UT though.

Kirby Smart would be another good choice.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013   #26
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Unfortunately yes

Mack turned down both JM and Winston. LOL

Art Briles is who I want to be the next HC. He has a great relationship with high school coaches and is one of the best at developing QB's. I've heard he despises UT though.

Kirby Smart would be another good choice.
Their lack of recognizing talent is amazing....
Old 09-21-2013   #27
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97234 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Mack sucks, Johnny Manziel and now apparently Jameis Winston both came knocking and Mack turned them both away for what? This crap we have right now at QB? Dude is toast, time to turn the page.

As one that follows the Bucs and was at the game last Sunday, I still don't know what to think of the guy. I like hard ass types like Parcells and Coughlin, and Schiano is in the mold. However I think he needs to tone it down or he will be gone from here very soon.
Schiano isn't going to make it in Tampa. He is already having the same problems that Saban had where he is to strict on NFL players and it isn't working for him. He will be back in college football in no time, and he'll be a great hire for any team. I'd like it to be the Horns. I hear what you're saying though about his NJ personality. You might be right, and I think the Texas alums that like to interact with the HC would dislike the guy the most where it could be a problem that kept him from being a top candidate.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-02-2013   #28
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 280296 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Is there anyplace to even listen to Longhorns game online?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read