Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-17-2014   #61
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Aaron Murray QB Georgia

Thanks for the update Nate on Murrays Pro Day. I mocked him to the Texans in the 2nd round back in Oct. of last year, pre-injury, and really like Murray. With the injury I think he'd have to be a heavy consideration in the 3rd round if his rehab is going well and if we haven't already filled the QB position, and a definite pick in the 4th if he's still there.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014   #62
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I still like Aaron Murray, wouldn't mind if we drafted him in the second.
Old 04-18-2014   #63
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I still like Aaron Murray, wouldn't mind if we drafted him in the second.
I like him to, but do you think we need to use our 2 round pick to get him ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014   #64
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Wait a minute. You like his toughness? It's ok that he dives head first into defenders? He's almost the exact size of Manziel. I get that the price tag significantly different but why the double standard? Aren't these the traits that have you worried about Manziel?
I like guys that show toughness and put their body on the line late in important games, but I don't want a guy that's doing that every other play. Pretty big difference there.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014   #65
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Who knows. I wouldn't expect to need to draft Murray until the 3rd, maybe 4th. But now people are mocking him in the 2nd so... I don't know.

Hopefully, Smith and OB have a better estimate of where these guys are going to be drafted than I do.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014   #66
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 18057 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

I think know Murray will be there at #65
AngryNateFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014   #67
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
With the depth of this draft many good players will fall a little. I think we could easily get Murray in the 3rd round. Also I'm thinking that a trade down is coming in either the 1st or 2nd rounds and possibly in both so there should be some extra 2nd-4th round picks. Our late round comp. picks also free us up to use our own late round picks to trade up in the mid rounds or get an extra pick. With extra mid round picks, I really wouldn't mind if the Texans picked up 2 mid round QB's to double our chances of hitting on someone.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-01-2014   #68
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

CollegeFootball 24/7 ‏@NFL_CFB
Quote:
Mayock: Manziel + Murray are only QB prospects that could step in and play right away. Everyone else needs a redshirt year.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014   #69
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Mayock: Manziel + Murray are only QB prospects that could step in and play right away. Everyone else needs a redshirt year.
Well that's a bit of a change from what he was saying 2 months ago. Interesting that his opinion has changed so drastically in 2 months when zero games have been played.

2 months ago

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014   #70
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Murry is a real sleeper as O'Brien's target QB. I mean I wouldn't be surprised if he's not high on O'Briens list, but neither would I be if he is.
But this kid is known to be very cerebral, he's not got a real strong arm but it's strong enough and he's got good accuracy. And he has a big-time work ethic and IS a multi year starter in the SEC. We'll see soon.
Old 05-01-2014   #71
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Murray. He's a tough kid who maximizes his talent. But I think he's closer to David Greene than he is to Matt Stafford.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014   #72
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

What do Murray's knees look like? I know one got blown up but....are they skinny?

That...my friends... is the real question needing an answer....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014   #73
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
CollegeFootball 24/7 ‏@NFL_CFB
Quote:

I like both Murray & Manziel. I'd take Murray before many of the other QBs talked about this go 'round. & I like Manziel, I think he's got the ability to be a franchise QB in this league.

But I'd sign a guy off the street if I had to, to keep from having to start JFF day 1.

If by some chance I had 4 qBs make the team ahead of Manziel & they were all made unavailable for week 1 due to some kitchen mishap at the Golden Coral, I'm signing Matt Lienart the day of the game & starting him.
Old 05-01-2014   #74
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I like both Murray & Manziel. I'd take Murray before many of the other QBs talked about this go 'round. & I like Manziel, I think he's got the ability to be a franchise QB in this league.

But I'd sign a guy off the street if I had to, to keep from having to start JFF day 1.

If by some chance I had 4 qBs make the team ahead of Manziel & they were all made unavailable for week 1 due to some kitchen mishap at the Golden Coral, I'm signing Matt Lienart the day of the game & starting him.
guy off the street? They don't need no stinking guy off the street...

They have Magic.....they have FitzMagic....

Old 05-01-2014   #75
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
guy off the street? They don't need no stinking guy off the street...

They have Magic.....they have FitzMagic....
I'm looking forward to the Pickspatrick era personally.

Moar beard.

As for Murray, he is definitely a guy I'd be happy drafting.
Old 05-02-2014   #76
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post

Moar beard.

As for Murray, he is definitely a guy I'd be happy drafting.
*in bold* BLASPHEMER! FitzMagic is a god among you mere mortals! This foul talk of picks is heresy! Heresy, I say!

His beard alone is that of legend and honor. BOW BEFORE THE BEARD!

side note* I like Murray as well, I think he is the sleeper QB of the draft. Watch him end up in NE and be Brady's successor...

Old 05-02-2014   #77
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Quote:

I don't get it with the attraction for Manziel ? Sure he was a blast to watch in college, but he'll have to lose the J.Football act in the NFL which means you are left with an undersized QB who's got a nothing-to-write-home-about arm which leaves me with the same conclusions that Jaws has about him.
Old 05-02-2014   #78
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34365 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

I think you undervalue his arm. He has plenty of zip on his throws and can easily throw long balls. And he doesn`t have a poor accuracy. He has poor mechanics, but those can be worked at.

For me the question marks around Manziel have more to do with how can he handle NFL competition. In college he could outrun everybody - in the pros he can`t. In college he didn`t have to wait in the pocket, he could just improvise. In the pros that leads to turnovers and injuries. In college he could just take a hit - in the pros those hits are brutal and he is a pretty small guy. In college he didn`t really have to read a defense and go through his progressions, in the pros you have to do just that.

He is an intriguing prospect with all the talent in the world - but just as he might become a star at the next level, he also could be our of the league in a couple of seasons.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014   #79
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post

Moar beard.

*in bold* BLASPHEMER! FitzMagic is a god among you mere mortals! This foul talk of picks is heresy! Heresy, I say!

His beard alone is that of legend and honor. BOW BEFORE THE BEARD!

He does resemble the God of Thunder.
Old 05-09-2014   #80
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 135670 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

Aaron Murray looks good. Wouldn't mind taking him....
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read