Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 05-08-2014   #1
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bang your head!

Thought we needed an anti-bang the table thread.

What prospect will cause you to bang your head on something hard if the Texans pick them?
Old 05-08-2014   #2
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bang your head!

I think the thing that would cause me to bang my head the hardest would be picking a WR or RB in the first three rounds.
Old 05-08-2014   #3
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 128861 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

manziel.
Old 05-08-2014   #4
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

METAL HEALTH'LL DRIVE YOU MAD!

oh wait...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #5
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 90450 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Taylor Lewan
Old 05-08-2014   #6
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135371 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Manziel
Old 05-08-2014   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't get overly disturbed when we take someone other than what I had in mind. BUT, to contribute...

At 1.1 - Any QB
At 2.1 - A trade back into the 1st for said QB
At 3.1 - 7 - A long snapper
Sponsored links
Old 05-08-2014   #8
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33473 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I think the thing that would cause me to bang my head the hardest would be picking a WR or RB in the first three rounds.
I'm with you on WR (I think that we are set there).

That said, I really wouldn't mind picking up a solid RB. If Bishop Sankey is on the board at the top of the 3rd round, I'd take him in a heartbeat. If might be the Husky homer coming out here a bit - but I think he has a really solid skillset which can be translated well to the NFL. I do worry if Arian goes down with injury again (and I'm really not hot on his prospects of being 'that guy' again). I think taking a cheaper, mid round RB pick could be a solid way to go.
Old 05-08-2014   #9
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 8908 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

bortles
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #10
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
I'm with you on WR (I think that we are set there).

That said, I really wouldn't mind picking up a solid RB. If Bishop Sankey is on the board at the top of the 3rd round, I'd take him in a heartbeat. If might be the Husky homer coming out here a bit - but I think he has a really solid skillset which can be translated well to the NFL. I do worry if Arian goes down with injury again (and I'm really not hot on his prospects of being 'that guy' again). I think taking a cheaper, mid round RB pick could be a solid way to go.
I like Sankey. He's my favourite back.

It's more a philosophical objection to using draft collateral on that position.
Old 05-08-2014   #11
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 118532 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Strangely, there aren't any prospects that I just outright hate like past years. Manziel is overrated because of his personality and playing style, but it's not like I think he's going to be a total bum. He's just not a 1st rounder to me.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #12
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

If manziel goes to Dallas or jax
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #13
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33473 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I like Sankey. He's my favourite back.

It's more a philosophical objection to using draft collateral on that position.
Oh I completely get you there - RBs for me are dime a dozen, and a 1st rounder is just as likely to break as a 7th rounder - the punishment their bodies go through doesn't make them a viable long term investment for a team like a QB or stud WR is.

I just look at a guy who has the low amount of national press that Sankey had before the draft season began and when coupled with my concerns about Arian - and think that we could fill a need with a player who may be a victim of a league which is not too hot on high draft pick RBs at the moment.
Old 05-08-2014   #14
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 351224 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTexan View Post
bortles
Seriously? Man, I'd love to have him.

Seantrel Henderson gets my vote...

Or any knock-kneed, thigh-rubbing, tail-wagging OT prospect.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Manziel. Do. Not. Want.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #16
Shezza
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Shezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respected

Bortles. Prime bust candidate IMO
Shezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #17
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53394 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Bridgewater at 1.1 would make me believe without a doubt that I was in The Truman Show ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #18
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117888 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Bortles
The1ApplePie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #19
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Seriously? Man, I'd love to have him.

Seantrel Henderson gets my vote...

Or any knock-kneed, thigh-rubbing, tail-wagging OT prospect.
I'd be really shaky with Cyrus Koundajio (sp?) at 2:1 or 3:1
Old 05-08-2014   #20
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Manziel. Do. Not. Want.
I'll second that emotion.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read