Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Justin Tuggle: “This is just the beginning”

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Justin Tuggle: “This is just the beginning”

[IMGwidthsize=400]http://cbshouston.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/photo6.jpg?w=420&h=560[/IMG]

“My goal was to make the roster – from day one.” Tuggle said. “When I got the call, talked to Coach Reggie (Herring, Texans LB Coach), and he told me, ‘if you want to come and make a name for yourself, come down here and let’s do it.’ So, I took that and ran with it! I’m the type of guy to see and opportunity and make the most of it. And I feel that I’ve made the most of my opportunities since I’ve been here.”

Justin had

The switch from quarterback to linebacker took place prior to Kansas State’s tilt versus Arkansas in the January, 2012 Cotton Bowl. One might think that the transition from quarterback to linebacker would be difficult. But, not so says the Alpharetta, Georgia native.

“I don’t really miss it to tell you the truth,” says Tuggle. “I’m having fun playing defense. It’s a lot more reaction than other things going on than (at) quarterback. Quarterback is a lot of responsibility. You got to know the ins and outs of every single position. You got to just really command everything. It’s the same with different positions. But, defensive is more reaction. I like to go out there, see something, react, and make plays.”

Tuggle will be given that opportunity in this offense as the Texans will face the Chargers in San Diego on Monday night.

“When I got the call, talked to Coach Reggie (Herring, Texans LB Coach), and he told me, ‘if you want to come and make a name for yourself, come down here and let’s do it.’

I think it's interesting that Herring gets involved in "recruiting" UDFAs... makes sense, but I never thought about it.

Nice read. Hopefully, he can eventually grow into his father's shoes.

A typo??

Tuggle will be given that opportunity in this offense as the Texans will face the Chargers in San Diego on Monday night.

same thing i was thinking, our wild cat haha. Could u imagine kubiaks version of the wild cat
Probably more like this
nap_here_cat.jpg

Than this.
images

Us fans would end up like this:
pic3.jpg

I said in another thread last week that I thought Tuggle would end up starting inside at some point .... Im sticking to that statement , it may take a good portion of the season but I think he'll take the job from May's & co. (Sharpton's making that task easier by remaining on the trainers table)

I said in another thread last week that I thought Tuggle would end up starting inside at some point .... Im sticking to that statement , it may take a good portion of the season but I think he'll take the job from May's & co. (Sharpton's making that task easier by remaining on the trainers table)

If he's half the LB his ole man was, he should have no problem taking over for Sharpton; if not this year then the next. Jesse had a five year stretch where he had 180+ tackles every year - two of those years he had 200+!

I'm not sure if he'll ever start this season, wouldn't surprise me, but I expect that by the end of the season he'll be playing major minutes and be a key part of the rotation at ILB. I've got high hopes for Tuggle at ILB, and Jefferson at OLB. Sharpton even being on the roster is a joke.

If he's half the LB his ole man was, he should have no problem taking over for Sharpton; if not this year then the next. Jesse had a five year stretch where he had 180+ tackles every year - two of those years he had 200+!
Sharpton will not willingly give up his spot on the trainers table. Hopefully Tuggle puts the trainers table out of the LB coaches mind.

The switch from quarterback to linebacker took place prior to Kansas State’s tilt versus Arkansas in the January, 2012 Cotton Bowl.

Next year may be more "reasonable" He's only been playing LB for 1 season.

I was pleasantly surprised by Tuggle's performance and think he has a future as a starter. Somebody's going to have to start in Cushing's place sooner or later this year.

From what Tuggle was quoted as saying, maybe he can also serve as our emergency QB.

Back