Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-07-2013   #1
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bucs take "C" from Freeman

Given the fact that this is a vote of the players, and that Josh had been voted captain the previous three years, this seems pretty damning.
Quote:
Via Joe Smith of the Tampa Bay Times, quarterback Josh Freeman won’t be a Buccaneers captain for the first time since 2009, his rookie season.

The offensive captains, as determined by vote of the players, are receiver Vincent Jackson and guard Davin Joseph.
LINK

So what should Freeman's reaction to this be? What should the Bucs coaching staff and front office's reaction be?
Old 09-07-2013   #2
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bucs take "C" from Freeman

Depends on how much that lowers his salary....not
Old 09-07-2013   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

The strip of the "c" could the first part of "C you out the door" in Tampa

He is in contract year and they did draft his potential replacement in the 3d. IIRC
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 160417 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
The strip of the "c" could the first part of "C you out the door" in Tampa

He is in contract year and they did draft his potential replacement in the 3d. IIRC
Freeman could be pouting over not getting an extension. Not publicly, but his teammates would get that vibe. It's a make or break year for Freeman.

If he ever does get to the market, and the Texans are looking at QB, I wouldn't mind them signing Freeman. He has the size and athleticism to be a great fit in Kubiaks WCO. I think Gary could help him.
Old 09-09-2013   #5
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33391 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
If he ever does get to the market, and the Texans are looking at QB, I wouldn't mind them signing Freeman. He has the size and athleticism to be a great fit in Kubiaks WCO. I think Gary could help him.
I'm with you on this. I don't think he is an awfully consistent quarterback - however he does have an explosiveness which we don't currently have at QB. I do still have worries about Schaub not being able to pull the ball down and get a play made with his legs, and how that will effect us particularly in the playoffs.

If we have a defense playing a consistent level of football that is above average then I think we do have a level of flexibility to have a QB who is a more risk/reward style of player - like the Giants have found success with in Eli.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read