Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 05-21-2014   #141
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jamies Winston Qb Florida State

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I still have a soft spot for Hundley.

Also really like Taylor Kelly.
I love Hundley as a college QB but I don't think he ends up as a first round pick.

Kelly is underrated. I have him higher than anyone else seems to (at least where I can find rankings online). But it's still early.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014   #142
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I love Hundley as a college QB but I don't think he ends up as a first round pick.
I'm with you on this one.
Old 05-24-2014   #143
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I'm with you on this one.
Hundley has sick potential, reminds me of Kaepernick while @ Nevada.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014   #144
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Good stuff. I like a few other guys like Rakeem Cato (Marshall) and Chuckie Keeton (Utah State) but both are severely undersized.

Also, keep an eye out for Marquise Williams from North Carolina. He's raw, but if he has a breakout year like I expect him to then he may declare.
I absolutely love watching Keeton highlights (only really heard much about him recently), and I'm excited to watch him play this year.
Old 05-26-2014   #145
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21559 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Aaand Bortles Fan Club Member #1 hijacks yet another thread and turns into a ego boosting session. Great.

Jameis Winston is the most gifted QB in college football. Not the smartest however.

Mariota will probably be better than any QB since Luck.
Old 05-26-2014   #146
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Jameis Winston is the most gifted QB in college football. Not the smartest however.
Dumb as a rock .... probably wont last as long in the league as Jamarcus Russell

Quote:
Mariota will probably be better than any QB since Luck.
I think both Mariota & Hundley have more potential than those who came out this season or last .... going to be really interesting to see how they develop over the year and if they both leave school.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014   #147
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Rand Getlin @Rand_Getlin
Quote:
On Winston: sources say players who obtain large insurance policies prior to the season almost always enter the NFL draft at season's end.

Source: #FSU QB and Heisman Trophy winner Jameis Winston has obtained a $8M-$10M insurance policy. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source-...014958801.html
Sponsored links
Old 06-30-2014   #148
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I think like Manziel, Winston's off field stuff (though different) is more of a reason for both to go pro. Manziel will have less chance of discipline in NFL than in college for his decisions and Winston has more of a suggestion of criminal behavior that could impact him so he needs to get to NFL as quick as possible. Good moves for both imo. I do agree that the insurance is a solid indicator of his plans.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #149
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

SportsCenter @SportsCenter
Quote:
Jameis Winston's suspension is a result of him shouting obscene sexual phrase on campus Tuesday.

MORE: http://es.pn/1pjzkn6

BREAKING: Jameis Winston suspended for first half of Saturday's game vs. Clemson.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #150
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95464 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I'm just about done with Winston. Dude has some talent on the field but is constantly in trouble or involved in some kind of drama off of it. He also comes off as a complete moron in interviews.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #151
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100492 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a shame.

I really like Winston as a player. But he's such an idiot.
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #152
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

It doesn't matter how big or small the things are if they just keep happening over and over.

This guy is a walking red flag. If someone uses a first round pick on him they should be fired.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #153
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100492 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jameis Winston ✔ @Jaboowins
I hate when it's too quiet in a room... So I make lil noises
Retweeted by John McClain
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #154
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95464 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
It doesn't matter how big or small the things are if they just keep happening over and over.

This guy is a walking red flag. If someone uses a first round pick on him they should be fired.
I think he might be the next Ryan Leaf. Guy with a great arm and good football ability who produced in college and wasn't drafted high based on potential. However, couldn't grasp the mental side of the game or control his emotions or life off the field.

I think his draft stock might tumble at some point with the way the NFL is about to start attacking these off the field issues. This isn't weed that he's getting in trouble for. It's alleged rape, stealing, profanity laced rants in public, destroying property, etc.

This dude is on a downward spiral and Florida State seems content to let it ride out if it gets them another national title.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #155
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 122349 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Does this make Clemson the favorite against Florida State? I still think Florida State is too stacked to lose
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #156
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
SportsCenter @SportsCenter

I saw this earlier, didn't think much of it. Couldn't care less. Then on the way home I heard the guys on the radio talk about it & when he tried to describe what was said, it was kinda awkward, didn't make sense. Says it was something made popular recently, yadda, yadda, yadda..... curiosity got the better of me.

So I got home, did the google thing.... I just don't get it.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #157
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

This guy might challenge VY for the all time lowest score on the wonderlic test.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #158
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Stupid meme he gets on the table and yells. Immature.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #159
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Might be more than just "college fun" here. Concerning.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #160
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a full game suspension now
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read