Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-19-2015   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 472020 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default USC WR Nelson Agholor

I've got a man-crush on this dude for our SlotWR... he's a Reggie Cobb type with great RAC ability and punt returns. 6'0, 198 lbs., 32.5" arms.

This guy has an excellent football IQ, is intelligent, slippery with the ball and improved route runner. Watch this interview...

USC WR Nelson Agholor's Combine Presser

Some game cutups...
"Everybody" loved Marquise Lee last year and I was kinda meh...

Agholor for me is what everyone saw in Lee last year.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015   #2
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163912 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: USC WR Nelson Agholor

I was watching some USC players (mostly trying to get a look at Javorius Allen) and I like Agholor quite a bit.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015   #3
Lucky

Rep Power: 290242 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Agholor for me is what everyone saw in Lee last year.
He's draftable based upon his return ability alone. Like Randall Cobb, Agholor became a receiver in college. I think he is a better receiver than Cobb was coming out of college. The Texans need to make more big plays, and Agholor is one of the more explosive receivers in the draft.
Old 02-19-2015   #4
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 187291 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Best slot receiver in the draft for my money. I'd take him in the first. I know that's not popular, but I'm afraid he won't be there in the second.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015   #5
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164702 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Best slot receiver in the draft for my money. I'd take him in the first. I know that's not popular, but I'm afraid he won't be there in the second.
Problem is that we need to continue to go all out until we get a QB that can throw to these guys.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015   #6
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 227329 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
More I see of this guy, more I like him. Would surely lock up the slot and imo make D Johnson and Martin expendable

edit: He needs to get quite a bit stronger and more physical in the run game

Last edited by JB; 02-19-2015 at 10:00 PM.
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015   #7
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61605 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Phillip Dorsett IMO has also been very impressive at Indy. He's got excellent long-speed as he ran I believe a 4.33 (unofficial), and that's very good. But on one of the pas-catching drills, the one where thy catch 4 to 5 passed in rapid succession he showed excellent hands and quickness, hand-eye- coordination. So in other words this guy appears to be much more than a just a track guy. Maybe we could get one of these wide-outs with our second round pick, but that won't be easy. I want us to use our first round pick on a Dlineman (maybe Malcolm Brown), or one of the OTs, or perhaps a corner. We got lots of needs, not to mention QB in the event Billy wants to take a shot at someone. Too many needs with too little Draft picks.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-21-2015   #8
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78215 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I was watching him in one of the last games of the season and was impressed. Definitely a playmaker.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 401041 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I was watching NFLN's greatest football factories show the other day, USC ended up #1. Figured we need to get more USC players on our squad.
Old 1 Day Ago   #10
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 472020 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Ringing the bell again for this young man.

His interviews are impressive(Pro Day): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZhbHs90oz0

His production and offensive % was very good...
Quote:
Football Outsiders uses a model called "Playmaker Score" to project collegiate receivers into the NFL. The system uses a variety of statistical measures gathered since 1996 to both predict professional functionality and compare players to receivers of the past 20 or so years.

According to this year's projections, which were complied for ESPN Insider by Nathan Forster, Agholor ranks as the second-best receiver in the 2015 class, trailing only Cooper. The system matched him with Terry Glenn (No. 7 overall pick in the 1996 draft) and Ike Hilliard (No. 7 overall pick in the 1997 draft) among historical comparisons.

Agholor's score was likely helped along by a strong "peak" year last season, in which he caught 104 passes for 1,313 yards and 12 touchdowns. The "Playmaker Score" model is built off of production on a per-attempt basis, and Agholor's 104 catches and 12 touchdowns were impressive considering USC threw only 460 times in 2014. He caught nearly a third of the offense's 318 completions.

For comparison's sake, White caught 109 passes and scored 10 touchdowns last season, but West Virginia threw the football 534 times. Meanwhile, Parker failed to eclipse 1,000 receiving yards in a single season despite playing a full four years at Louisville (of which two were with quarterback Teddy Bridgewater).
This is one intelligent, hard-working, productive, return star, WR. Love him.

I think teams will look back with seller's remorse on him... even in the 1st.
Old 1 Day Ago   #11
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 170736 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ringing the bell again for this young man.

His interviews are impressive(Pro Day): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZhbHs90oz0

His production and offensive % was very good...This is one intelligent, hard-working, productive, return star, WR. Love him.

I think teams will look back with seller's remorse on him... even in the 1st.
I'm praying to the football gods that we get him or Lockett in the third round. Wouldn't blink if we took either in the second.
Old 1 Day Ago   #12
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Wouldn't blink if we took either in the second.
Don't think he'll be there for our 2nd pick, imo.
Old 1 Day Ago   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88405 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't think he'll be there for our 2nd pick, imo.
I could live with Texans trading down a few spots, improving draft position in round two & taking him either pick.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Hours Ago   #14
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Reminds me of Santonio Holmes/Ted Ginn Jr....not a good enough hands catcher for my liking. Wouldn't be mad if they picked him up........in the 2nd though.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read