Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-05-2013   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Jacoby Jones

I think he turns into the #2 receiver Kubiak thought he could be when we drafted him out of Lane College.

Yes, I know he's a hated man in Houston, & with good reason. But... I think the Texans made a mistake when they let him go. Jacoby may not have the best hands in the league, he may not be a very good route runner, but he's got speed (you better respect that) & he's a play maker. With the ball in his hands (if he can manage to keep it there) he's electric.

He's going to drop a lot of balls this year, but I don't care about those. It's the ones he manages to catch that are going to make a difference. Just like a CB who gambles & take chances. We overlook the bad plays, the missed tackles, etc... when he intercepts the ball & if he returns one for 6 all is forgiven.

Just wanted to get that out before the season starts. I'm not mad or bitter at the Texans. They made their decision & I supported it when they did. I can't wait for Dj Swearinger to welcome Jj to pain. But I think he's going to have a long career in the NFL as a receiver.
Old 09-05-2013   #2
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40389 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think he turns into the #2 receiver Kubiak thought he could be when we drafted him out of Lane College.

Yes, I know he's a hated man in Houston, & with good reason. But... I think the Texans made a mistake when they let him go. Jacoby may not have the best hands in the league, he may not be a very good route runner, but he's got speed (you better respect that) & he's a play maker. With the ball in his hands (if he can manage to keep it there) he's electric.

He's going to drop a lot of balls this year, but I don't care about those. It's the ones he manages to catch that are going to make a difference. Just like a CB who gambles & take chances. We overlook the bad plays, the missed tackles, etc... when he intercepts the ball & if he returns one for 6 all is forgiven.

Just wanted to get that out before the season starts. I'm not mad or bitter at the Texans. They made their decision & I supported it when they did. I can't wait for Dj Swearinger to welcome Jj to pain. But I think he's going to have a long career in the NFL as a receiver.
Maybe...

What I see is that he was the same guy last year for the Ravens that he was for the Texans previous years. Until that game in Denver... The only difference is that instead of fumbling the punt away and contributing to a playoff loss, he caught that bomb, and then made 2 great plays in the SB. I think the jury is still out, and inconsistency is his biggest problem. So, I have no idea which Jacoby is going to show up for the Ravens this year, but I think it's more likely that we'll see more of the Texans version.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013   #3
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Well IMO i dont think we will ever have a #2 with Schaub throwing the pig skin around. He looks for # 80, if he isnt open he moves his feet around "looks like he's trying to scramble" but just kinda stays in one spot, and if we're lucky he throws the ball away before he curls up and lays down in the fetile position.

this is why a #2 for us is impossible.
Old 09-05-2013   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 280296 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Good luck with that.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013   #5
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

He still let's the ball get into his body and face mask. He's boom or bust if their ever was one. Unfortunately for us it was more bust less boom. His hands suck, route running sucks, and blocking is mediocre. So no, receiver isn't in his repertoire.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
...if we're lucky he throws the ball away before he curls up and lays down in the fetile position.
I think you're having flashbacks to QBs of yore.

Matt doesn't fall to the fetal position.
Old 09-05-2013   #7
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think you're having flashbacks to QBs of yore.

Matt doesn't fall to the fetal position.
hmmmm do u watch the games ? Seen him fall before contact plenty of times.
Old 09-05-2013   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
I just wanted to see fetal spelled right.
Old 09-05-2013   #9
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

His official NFL pic:

It's gonna be a tough season for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 329529 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Horse pucky as is your assertion Schaub doesn't look at anyone but AJ. AJ's targets are right in line as a % of Schaub's throws as other top tier WRs.
Old 09-05-2013   #11
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

And he goes out w a knee injury.

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 09-06-2013   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Hope the injury isn't serious.
Old 09-06-2013   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think he's a better fit in Baltimore because they realize he's more of a #3 guy and don't ask him to be any more than that. I mean, ok maybe #3 isn't the right term but I think that what they ask of him is more in line with his abilities than what the Texans wanted from him and he'll catch just enough of those passes to demand defenses respect (and pull coverage off of other people).

He belongs there. We're better off without him. It's a win-win situation in my opinion.
Old 09-06-2013   #14
PapaL
Loose Screw

Here's the play. Total bonehead move by Brynden Trawick.

Quote:
Old 09-06-2013   #15
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 280296 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
I dunno, he got his shoulder into Jones' numbers and decleated him -- only thing he didn't do was wrap him up. Good clean hit. I give it...

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

DeAndre Hopkins > Jacoby Jones

I have no ill-will toward Jacoby, but I'm glad he's not a Texan anymore.
Old 09-06-2013   #17
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I dunno, he got his shoulder into Jones' numbers and decleated him -- only thing he didn't do was wrap him up. Good clean hit. I give it...

And it's really the only time you're allowed to hit a punt returner before the ball gets there. Might as well take advantage of it.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013   #18
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Balt Exec 1: "Let's give Flacco 20 Mil a year."

Balt Exec 2: "But what about the salary cap?"

Balt Exec 1: "Hey we can get rid of our Bolden, Reed and some guys on defense. Flacco just won us a superbowl singlehandedly!"

Balt Exec 2: "Hold on. If you get rid of Bolden who's he going to throw to?

Balt Exec 1: "The Greatest receiver in the HISTORY of football of course...Jacoby Jones! What could POSSIBLY go wrong!? Hell we'll be back in the Superbowl at the end of next season! We're about to build a DYNASTY!"
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Not as bad as this one

Old 09-06-2013   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Not as bad as this one

[IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-gsNiqROj89g/Uik7VuHD0zI/AAAAAAAAAMA/PagJMt-oR5A/s1600/wes3.gif
[/IMG]

I can't believe they had those two big gaffs & still won the game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read