Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-09-2013   #61
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub #10, NFL starting QB rankings 1-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
And for the love of god please use the quote function properly
I think you're there Champs. I've emailed the cat, even asked kindly and politely and he still refuses to use the quote function properly so now I just buzz right by his comments. Prolly time to add him to "the list".

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013   #62
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 335478 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I think you're there Champs. I've emailed the cat, even asked kindly and politely and he still refuses to use the quote function properly so now I just buzz right by his comments. Prolly time to add him to "the list".
He clearly is purposefully doing it to be annoying as in addition to being repeatedly asked he is going through extra effort to have his posts be fu#$ed up.
Old 09-09-2013   #63
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 94543 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Are you ignoring history or just using bits of history to spread the Schaub hate? Yeah Matt was the reason we didnt get to the playoffs until 2011
I'm not spreading anything nor am I ignoring anything. I was merely making a sarcastic remark that I found humerous.

I don't hate Schaub. I also don't have a man-crush on him.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013   #64
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I'm not spreading anything nor am I ignoring anything. I was merely making a sarcastic remark that I found humerous.

humorous? I enjoy like the lack on context when playing the blame game.
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013   #65
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 335478 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How do you sarcastically hit your funny bone?

I have to admit it might be humorous to see you try.
Old 09-09-2013   #66
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94543 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
How do you sarcastically hit your funny bone?

I have to admit it might be humorous to see you try.
Don't judge my spelling. I have a lot going on today.
Old 09-09-2013   #67
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64231 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No, I meant to do all of my replies in red and screwed the pooch on that. Once I saw it, I did think it looked good and sarcastic, so I left it.

What I meant is that he's been the QB since '07 and we didn't make the playoffs til 2011. What about those other years? Oh yeah, he was hurt then too!!!
This is completely asinine.

Yeah, Matt Schaub was playing on our historically bad defense in 2010 and Matt Schaub forced the Colts to bench Peyton Manning in the second half of Week 16 against the Jets in 2009 and also forced the Bengals to lay down and lose 37-0 in Week 17 against the Jets in 2009 thereby allowing the Jets to make the playoffs over us.

Ya makes sense bro.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-09-2013   #68
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 245830 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post

Yeah, Matt Schaub was playing on our historically bad defense in 2010
Guess how bad New England's & Green Bay's defense was in 2011. Hell look at the 2011 Giants & tell me how a historically bad defense will keep you out of the play-offs.
Old 09-09-2013   #69
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64231 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah let me know when people's expected Matt Schaub-to-Aaron Rodgers-or-Tom Brady transformation occurs, lol.

You take things that exist as fact and sprinkle in circumstance and you get what's happened. Not every situation is the same so you can't say "Well, a team quarterbacked by Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers and Eli Manning made the playoffs with really bad defenses, why can't we?!" It's just stupidity. BTW, the Giants won their DIVISION at 9-7 in 2011, and if you'll recall, they clinched it in Week 17.

Look, it's pointless to talk about all this crap. It's always a trap with you people. Matt Schaub is our starting ****ing quarterback in 2013 and he will be unless he gets hurt. Be gracious for what you have in this league. Schaub is, at WORST, a Top 15 quarterback (as in, in the top half) in this league.

Guys act like we've got John ****in' Skelton out there. Get some goddamned perspective.
Old 09-09-2013   #70
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Guess how bad New England's & Green Bay's defense was in 2011. Hell look at the 2011 Giants & tell me how a historically bad defense will keep you out of the play-offs.
Well, for all the bad things you want to say about those defenses, they generated turnovers, and were middle of the road in points given up (well, GB and NE anyway).

If you look at the net turnovers in 2011, NE and GB were 2nd and 3rd in the NFL, primarily on the strength of being 1st (GB), and tied for 2nd (NE) in interceptions. The Giants were also in the top 10.
Old 09-09-2013   #71
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 245830 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah let me know when people's expected Matt Schaub-to-Aaron Rodgers-or-Tom Brady transformation occurs, lol.
Well let's not use a bad defense as a reason why Matt wasn't in the play-offs prior to 2012. I don't remember the number, but we lost several games in 2010 by less than 7 with the offense on the field.

May have been more with the defense on the field, but still. We lost several with the offense on the field.
Old 09-09-2013   #72
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Well let's not use a bad defense as a reason why Matt wasn't in the play-offs prior to 2012. I don't remember the number, but we lost several games in 2010 by less than 7 with the offense on the field.

May have been more with the defense on the field, but still. We lost several with the offense on the field.
Oh like in 2010 when we were 4-3 going into the game against San Diego and we were outscored 15-3 in the second half and Andre Johnson could have scored a touchdown to win the game but the ball went through his hands and off his knee and San Diego intercepted it to end the game and put us at 4-4?

Or like the game after that against Jacksonville where Owen Daniels put the ball on the ground and then Glover Quin batted the ball into the hands of the Jacksonville WR on the appropriately-named "Fail Mary" to end the game and put us at 4-5?

Or like the game after that against the Jets where we were down 23-7 and we came back and Matt Schaub helped drive us down the field late to take the lead only for the defense to let Mark ****ing Sanchez drive the length of the field with 50 seconds left to score a touchdown, take the lead, and end the game to put us at 4-6?

We could have been 7-3 but we ended up 4-6 after that stretch. Those three games derailed the living **** out of our season, and none of them were Matt Schaub's fault. Not to mention the games against Philadelphia and Denver later where we also had leads only to have our defense blow them. Hell, even a game that people who love to criticize Schaub for, Baltimore on Monday Night, was only in overtime because of Schaub leading the team back into the game. But I'm sure you and others will focus on the blind mistake in overtime to end it.

This is what I meant earlier. Sports fans are so predisposed to looking at things and throwing out blanket garbage to analyze it. Everything is circumstantial. Everything has a story. I'm the first to blame Schaub when he deserves it. Hell, I've ****ing coined "Schaub's ****ty Throw of the Game." Really though, this **** is out of hand.
Old 09-09-2013   #73
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 122435 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

TheMatrix31 throwing truth bombs all up in here!
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013   #74
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh like in 2010 when we were 4-3 going into the game against San Diego and we were outscored 15-3 in the second half and Andre Johnson could have scored a touchdown to win the game but the ball went through his hands and off his knee and San Diego intercepted it to end the game and put us at 4-4?

Or like the game after that against Jacksonville where Owen Daniels put the ball on the ground and then Glover Quin batted the ball into the hands of the Jacksonville WR on the appropriately-named "Fail Mary" to end the game and put us at 4-5?

Or like the game after that against the Jets where we were down 23-7 and we came back and Matt Schaub helped drive us down the field late to take the lead only for the defense to let Mark ****ing Sanchez drive the length of the field with 50 seconds left to score a touchdown, take the lead, and end the game to put us at 4-6?

We could have been 7-3 but we ended up 4-6 after that stretch. Those three games derailed the living **** out of our season, and none of them were Matt Schaub's fault. Not to mention the games against Philadelphia and Denver later where we also had leads only to have our defense blow them. Hell, even a game that people who love to criticize Schaub for, Baltimore on Monday Night, was only in overtime because of Schaub leading the team back into the game. But I'm sure you and others will focus on the blind mistake in overtime to end it.

This is what I meant earlier. Sports fans are so predisposed to looking at things and throwing out blanket garbage to analyze it. Everything is circumstantial. Everything has a story. I'm the first to blame Schaub when he deserves it. Hell, I've ****ing coined "Schaub's ****ty Throw of the Game." Really though, this **** is out of hand.

Its nice when you connect while swinging for the fences
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013   #75
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 221570 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

QFT!
repped
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013   #76
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Wow!
Old 09-09-2013   #77
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:

Slow your roll... all I said, was that we shouldn't blame the defense for all those losses. You listed 4 that weren't "all" on the defense. We'd have been 10-6 with just those 4.

Your post proved my point. I didn't say anything about it being Schaub's fault.
Old 09-09-2013   #78
drs23 
Veteran

Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Great post but you're giving former Sanchize too much credit, it was 53 seconds!

But still, that bastid and that defenseless team.

Matt almost carried the team that day, Gary called a hell of a 4&5 wide set game to get us back in it. But alas, we were Bush'ed. Again.

Old 09-09-2013   #79
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Yeah, Matt Schaub was playing on our historically bad defense in 2010 and Matt Schaub forced the Colts to bench Peyton Manning in the second half of Week 16 against the Jets in 2009 and also forced the Bengals to lay down and lose 37-0 in Week 17 against the Jets in 2009 thereby allowing the Jets to make the playoffs over us.

Ya makes sense bro.
One more time...I was just making a joke. Everyone is all uptight. I'll be glad when the game starts and everyone can relax a little.

Sorry you didn't get the joke.
Old 09-09-2013   #80
drs23 
Veteran

Quote:
One more time...I was just making a joke. Everyone is all uptight. I'll be glad when the game starts and everyone can relax a little.
C'mon Doc, you really think that'll do the trick? Wait 'till tomorrow? Hide-N-Watch!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read