Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-04-2013   #1
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Quessenberry Breaks foot

John McClain @ McClain_on_NFL

Texans promising G David Quessenberry
suffered a broken foot in practice and is
expected to be placed on IR. He was
drafted N the 6th round.

Not good news!
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quessenberry Breaks foot

I seriously didn't need this news today.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013   #3
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh, &#@& %@*# $#!@!!!
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

That sucks. I also heard this morning that Wade Smith may be ready to go for San Diego.
Old 09-04-2013   #5
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope it's smoke and mirror.
Perhaps the Texans are counting on Wade Smith and just need a roster spot somewhere else?

Well, that's my hope anyway.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013   #6
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

#^%$^#$^#&!! When your only luck is BAD luck.
Old 09-04-2013   #7
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn! So close to making it to first game w out any major injuries. Oh well, speedy recovery.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-04-2013   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Had we not protected (the awful) Cody White he may have been claimed and we'd be in even worse shape now...

Damn.
Old 09-04-2013   #9
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well that takes care of the cut that would have happened once Antonio came back after week 1.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013   #10
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Very unfortunate. And this rookie also provided depth at OT and not just guard. Long-term, he still looks a likely starter in the Texans OLine, but it's too bad he won't be there for us this year.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 09-04-2013   #12
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Quote:
I can confirm that David Quessenberry did break his foot as @McClain_on_NFL reported. Broke it Monday at practice. Had been playing well.
which explains...

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 19h
Quote:
Texans signing Nate Menkin to practice squad per league source
Old 09-04-2013   #13
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Couldn't he be on that special IR where they can return after week 8? I didn't think a broken foot could cause someone to miss a whole season. We've seen guys break legs and still play in the same year. Paging Doc Cloakndagger I suppose.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013   #14
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Couldn't he be on that special IR where they can return after week 8? I didn't think a broken foot could cause someone to miss a whole season. We've seen guys break legs and still play in the same year. Paging Doc Cloakndagger I suppose.
I don't know if they would want to use that on a back up O Linemen. Don't get me wrong, I am really excited for Quess in the future, but I seriously doubt he was going to be a starting force on the line this year.

I bet they hold the designation for a more significant player, if that happens.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013   #15
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
I don't know if they would want to use that on a back up O Linemen. Don't get me wrong, I am really excited for Quess in the future, but I seriously doubt he was going to be a starting force on the line this year.

I bet they hold the designation for a more significant player, if that happens.
And of course, just as I say that, this happens.

Quote:
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 4m
I'm told a decision on IR hasn't been made yet. @DavidQberry could be IR/designated to return candidate. #Texans

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013   #16
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

This team is strong enough to survive losing a rookie offensive lineman.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013   #17
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Wade Smith has missed one game since 2008 & that was in 2008. I think we are ok but Q needed the work. As Myers is also very steady, Ben Jones will get some reps as he did last year at guard.
Old 09-04-2013   #18
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Damn! So close to making it to first game w out any major injuries. Oh well, speedy recovery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Agree on both counts. Of course my first reaction was 'oh, what fresh hell is this!!!!' but after thinking about it for a few minutes I climbed off the ledge before the cameras showed up.

I loved the "next man up" thing because it was perfect for that year, especially since we went to the playoffs with so many 'next men.' However, I could live without the need for such a mantra in 2013.

Have a speedy recovery Quess!
Old 09-04-2013   #19
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240894 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Sure, but I have to say, this sucks. If you take the view that he was just depth, then this is no big loss at this point. That would seem to be the majority opinion, so that's cool. I do not have the same confidence in the players ahead of him on the depth chart. Wade Smith's play concerned me, and that was before his injury. Ben Jones is just not good. I am just about to the point where I don't want to see him on the field, ever. So in my view, Quessenberry was going to have a chance to continue moving up the depth chart as the season progressed.

So this sucks.
Old 09-04-2013   #20
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Sure, but I have to say, this sucks. If you take the view that he was just depth, then this is no big loss at this point. That would seem to be the majority opinion, so that's cool. I do not have the same confidence in the players ahead of him on the depth chart. Wade Smith's play concerned me, and that was before his injury. Ben Jones is just not good. I am just about to the point where I don't want to see him on the field, ever. So in my view, Quessenberry was going to have a chance to continue moving up the depth chart as the season progressed.

So this sucks.
Totally sucks, and right as we are gearing up for game 1 injury free. But tis life of the NFL for everyone, and we will forget about Quess soon enough and he will be upside next year. Lets just not have anymore season friggin enders. There are a few players we simply cannot afford to lose if we want to win the AFC, and this isn't one of them fortunately.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read