Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2013   #1
AngryNateFTW
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 363
Rep Power: 17553 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Titan's fans not happy with Justin Hunter

http://gotitans.com/threads/justin-hunter.88241/

Whenever the Titan's fans are in pain, i'm happy. (Football only, of course)

Losing to a Redskins team without RGIII and to a QB that hasn't played in 3 years.

I'm sure i'd be upset too.

Quote:
Call me Debbie Downer, but I just don't think Hunter will ever be anything with this team.

I said it once and I will say it again, in that he will be another Tyrone Calico.

Hunter just seems too soft to play in this league to me. To be honest, he wasn't really that good of a WR at UT. I was excited on his potential when we drafted him, but he seems like a player that feeds off of confidence and natural ability, but his confidence seems broke and I just can't seem to see him recovering.
AngryNateFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor
 
Playoffs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 13,973
Rep Power: 244585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titan's fans not happy with Justin Hunter

When your coaches and some vets make repeated public pointed efforts to "coach out softness", it's going to manifest in the fan base as the perception of the player not being tough enough.

I think their approach is all wrong.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 33,345
Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Titan's fans not happy with Justin Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
http://gotitans.com/threads/justin-hunter.88241/

Whenever the Titan's fans are in pain, i'm happy. (Football only, of course)

Losing to a Redskins team without RGIII and to a QB that hasn't played in 3 years.

I'm sure i'd be upset too.
First, there's a reason we're fans & they're pros.

Second, stop thinking about winning & losing in the preseason.... stop it.
  • The point of the preseason is to prepare for the season
    Let's say we've got a scheme. We teach our players that scheme. Preseason is just an opportunity to see who is getting it & who isn't getting it.
  • Winning a game doesn't mean you're winning in the preseason
    If the team that wins is more concerned about winning than he is about learning his scheme & finding the right players for his scheme, he just wasted his time.
  • We're talking about practice...
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 33,345
Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Titan's fans not happy with Justin Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
When your coaches and some vets make repeated public pointed efforts to "coach out softness", it's going to manifest in the fan base as the perception of the player not being tough enough.

I think their approach is all wrong.
MSR...... personally it upsets me when our beat writers are excited about what the coaches are excited about & upset about what our coaches are upset about.

It upsets me that this Tuggle guy is going to start & he wasn't on the radar of our eyes & ears at camp.

I want to know that these "reporters" have the ability to look at a player & make up his own mind, & say what's on his mind. It upsets me that the guys who get the pats on the back around here are the ones who are "in-step" with what the coaches report to the media...... they're freak'n parrots.

People give McClain a hard time, because he's wrong a lot.... but I respect that because he's using his own mind to formulate his own opinions. I'd like it if he were right more often, don't get me wrong. But I know I can't trust the coaches.

Think about CnD & what he brings to this board. That's what we should expect from the media. Cold hard facts.
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #5
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame
 
Carr Bombed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wherever the US govt. sends me
Posts: 13,654
Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titan's fans not happy with Justin Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
MSR...... personally it upsets me when our beat writers are excited about what the coaches are excited about & upset about what our coaches are upset about.

It upsets me that this Tuggle guy is going to start & he wasn't on the radar of our eyes & ears at camp.

I want to know that these "reporters" have the ability to look at a player & make up his own mind, & say what's on his mind. It upsets me that the guys who get the pats on the back around here are the ones who are "in-step" with what the coaches report to the media...... they're freak'n parrots.

People give McClain a hard time, because he's wrong a lot.... but I respect that because he's using his own mind to formulate his own opinions. I'd like it if he were right more often, don't get me wrong. But I know I can't trust the coaches.

Think about CnD & what he brings to this board. That's what we should expect from the media. Cold hard facts.
"There's a reason why we're fans and they're pros"...

First off.. outside of those in the media who actually played ball in the modern era, their opinion means zilch, nadda, nothing to me. They are no different than anyone here.. only difference is they get paid to voice their opinions. I actually put more weight into what I read here than I do from the media..

As far as McClain goes, he isn't using his own mind to formulate his opinions.. he's just out of touch, because he's become "fat and happy" (complacent) and isn't as hungry or motivated as he used to be. That's the reason why he's wrong so often. That dying paper needs new young hungry talent who are motivated enough to write real articles

As far as CnD.. regarding the topics he talks about (medical), he is niether a "fan or the media".. he's a fellow colleague (a pro) who can offer a expert opinion. So until we get ex-Texan players or ex-NFL players posting on the boards or writing for the local bird cage pad, don't expect much to change.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 33,345
Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Titan's fans not happy with Justin Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
So until we get ex-Texan players or ex-NFL players posting on the boards or writing for the local bird cage pad, don't expect much to change.
Well, we've got ND Kalu, Seth Payne, & Greg Koch on 790, and we've got LZ on 790 & writing for various publications & posting on this board.


But other than that, I see your point.
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame
 
HJam72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Over here.
Age: 41
Posts: 11,506
Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titan's fans not happy with Justin Hunter

Don't forget your eggspurt ranter.
__________________

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-09-2013   #8
AngryNateFTW
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 363
Rep Power: 17553 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titan's fans not happy with Justin Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
First, there's a reason we're fans & they're pros.

Second, stop thinking about winning & losing in the preseason.... stop it.
  • The point of the preseason is to prepare for the season
    Let's say we've got a scheme. We teach our players that scheme. Preseason is just an opportunity to see who is getting it & who isn't getting it.
  • Winning a game doesn't mean you're winning in the preseason
    If the team that wins is more concerned about winning than he is about learning his scheme & finding the right players for his scheme, he just wasted his time.
  • We're talking about practice...

I wasn't trying to say that the sky is falling in Tennessee. (because Lions went 4-0 in the preseason the year they finished 0-16)
AngryNateFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 33,345
Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Titan's fans not happy with Justin Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
I wasn't trying to say that the sky is falling in Tennessee. (because Lions went 4-0 in the preseason the year they finished 0-16)
I just wanted to post that pic of Iverson.
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger