Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-04-2013   #61
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Week 1 VS Chargers MNF.... Lets Predict ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
We beat the Vikings in Minnesota a few years back.
According to football-reference.com we have not beaten the Vikes in the rgular season.

I thought we had as well.
Old 09-04-2013   #62
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
According to football-reference.com we have not beaten the Vikes in the rgular season.

I thought we had as well.
I stand corrected. I thought we had beat the Vikings already. I'll be damned.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013   #63
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I stand corrected. I thought we had beat the Vikings already. I'll be damned.
I don't have preseason results, but I'm guessing we both were thinking along those lines?

Just for giggles I went to the Titans/Oilers page and a Houston NFL team has not beaten the Vikings since 1986. Ouch.

CORRECTION: 1992
Old 09-04-2013   #64
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I don't have preseason results, but I'm guessing we both were thinking along those lines.

Just for giggles I went to the Titans/Oilers page and a Houston NFL team has not beaten the Vikings since 1986. Ouch.
The Houston Oilers never beat the NY Giants or the Philadelphia Eagles. At least the Texans have beat the Giants but Philadelphia remains the only NFL team a Houston football team has never beaten.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013   #65
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40389 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Houston Oilers never beat the NY Giants or the Philadelphia Eagles. At least the Texans have beat the Giants but Philadelphia remains the only NFL team a Houston football team has never beaten.
Unless they change the schedule format, the Texans will have a chance to take care of that next year since they're playing NFC East.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013   #66
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We beat the Vikings in Minnesota a few years back.
Other than last year, the only other time I remember was that game back in 2008 when Jared Allen made a cheap tackle on Schaub and put him out for a couple of games. We lost that game by a couple of scores if I'm correct.

The only thing about he Chargers that worry me, is the fact that we have never beaten them. Hopefully that will change, but we had all kinds of opportunities to beat them, just never could.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013   #67
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

anyone else ?
Old 09-07-2013   #68
HouTx11
Veteran

Rep Power: 4237 HouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respected

As an Oiler fan back in the Warren Moon era of the early 90's, I was at the game one of the times that a Houston team lost to the Eagles. Without doing the research and going strictly by memory, I believe that game was played on December 2nd of 1991, a Monday Night game in the dome. The Oilers I think lost that game 13 - 6. Made me sick, because the Oilers had a pretty tough team that year.
HouTx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013   #69
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32864 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be surprised if both teams score more than 20.

Still thinking something like 17-13 Texans.

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013   #70
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
I would be surprised if both teams score more than 20.

Still thinking something like 17-13 Texans.
I think the final score will be higher than that.

Oh, BTW, see how that quoting thing works when applied correctly?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013   #71
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston 27
Chargers 24
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013   #72
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 9715 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 27-17
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013   #73
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Na its called wanting that dollar, and then still sopporting my team. I have quit a job over the texans, lost my fiancee (she sucked anyways) over the texans. Drove night and day to see a game on TV from New Mexico. Dedication my friend !
I like your style. My ex-wife always hated on the Texans. **** that *****. She ruined my life.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013   #74
Tesuns
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Tesuns is a quality contributor and well respectedTesuns is a quality contributor and well respectedTesuns is a quality contributor and well respectedTesuns is a quality contributor and well respectedTesuns is a quality contributor and well respectedTesuns is a quality contributor and well respectedTesuns is a quality contributor and well respectedTesuns is a quality contributor and well respectedTesuns is a quality contributor and well respectedTesuns is a quality contributor and well respectedTesuns is a quality contributor and well respected

27-13 Tesuns
Tesuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013   #75
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 22 - Chargers 21
Old 09-10-2013   #76
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Fun game, high scoring. Texans win 34-27.
I think Uncle Rico hit the closest..... I've got to wait before I can give out any rep. I'll try to catch you on the flip side.
Old 09-10-2013   #77
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Houston 27
Chargers 24
I think this is a closer call that Uncle Rico's.

Well done, Blake.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #78
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I think this is a closer call that Uncle Rico's.

Well done, Blake.
Thanks. Lucky guess. Just had a feeling that SD would put up some TDs. I anticipated 3 touchdowns, 1 FG for SD, but unfortunately they put up 4 touchdowns. That makes me a little worried about our overall ability to bend not break. But its just 1 game.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #79
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think Uncle Rico hit the closest..... I've got to wait before I can give out any rep. I'll try to catch you on the flip side.
Yeah...

Looks the closest to me. I'll rep him.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read