Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-23-2014   #1901
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66182 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
There's something "fragile" I'm picking up with Bridgewater... need to see more, but that's what I'm getting from him. Not physically fragile.
I have the same kind of feeling, a little bit. It's like he's hiding. I don't really like it, but it's not a big deal right now. I think this feeling is only magnified because we are watching a bunch of other guys work out right now.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014   #1902
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
Can I get several responses, both pro and con, as to the kind of presence Bridgewater had in the huddle and on the sideline? I've seen clips of Manziel being a firebrand, pumping up and inspiring his teammates. My impression is that Bridgewater doesn't seem to have this strong of a motivating personality. I could be wrong which is why I'm asking.
During the first half he was the voice of reason. Calming his teammates, keeping them focused & turning that game around.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 02-23-2014   #1903
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _King_ View Post

Tbh, most of the better qb's I've seen or known have had a fairly even personality but would have bursts of fire.
I beg to differ. Most of the good ones run the gamut. Depending on the situation. He'll be fiery, calming, level headed, inspiring, even down right offensive. Sometimes all in the same game, sometimes in the same drive.

The thing about the good leader... he knows it's his place. We may not agree & question his actions from time to time. He's not always right, not always wrong. But he knows he had to do something & he did.

I didn't have a problem with Schaub's leadership style or Andre's or Kubiak's or Mario's. But all together it's just a little too much.

Every now & then, someone has to be the bad guy.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 02-23-2014   #1904
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I beg to differ.
You beg to differ about what I've observed...lol

Ummmm...I disagree??

J/k I get what you're saying.

But personally, most of what I've seen is what I originally stated. But doesn't matter to me really. I like effective more than anything.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014   #1905
BigB0iFresh
Veteran

Rep Power: 1335 BigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
so the guy who claims to be the best QB of the draft is a cross dresser and refuses to throw or run while playing the weakest competition out of all the other qbs in question?

and this is the guy who you want to be our franchise qb?

Where the same posters who slagged Manziel for saying cocky things do the same for Bridgewater?
God Im tired of the "cross-dresser" crap
BigB0iFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014   #1906
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB0iFresh View Post
God Im tired of the "cross-dresser" crap
People that didn't have a college life.
Old 02-23-2014   #1907
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52391 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein 1m

Interesting RT @JohnMiddlekauff: Twitter is MUCH higher than NFL teams on Bridgewater. I won't be shocked to see him drop out of the top 10
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-23-2014   #1908
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

John Middlekauff ‏@JohnMiddlekauff
Quote:
Twitter is MUCH higher than NFL teams on Teddy Bridgewater. I won't be shocked to see him drop out of the top 10
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014   #1909
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52391 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Texian 1, Playoffs 77
Old 02-23-2014   #1910
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting to hear that.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014   #1911
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well... Rodgers was being talked about as the potential first overall, then dropped out of the top 10. I expect that should the same happen to Bridgewater, he will make the teams that passed on him regret that decision in much the same way that the teams that passed on Rodgers do.

And I hate that I have to say this, but I am not comparing him to Rodgers (just their (potential) situation), nor am I claiming he will be as good as Rodgers.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014   #1912
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Well... Rodgers was being talked about as the potential first overall, then dropped out of the top 10. I expect that should the same happen to Bridgewater, he will make the teams that passed on him regret that decision in much the same way that the teams that passed on Rodgers do.

And I hate that I have to say this, but I am not comparing him to Rodgers (just their (potential) situation), nor am I claiming he will be as good as Rodgers.
FWIW Rodgers dropped primarily because many thought he was Tedford system QB and being a JC transfer also worked against Rodgers. Up until Rodgers came along Tedford QBs were a disappointment.
Old 02-23-2014   #1913
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like a bold proclamation to make IMO. I think of the top 3 QBs this draft Bridgewater has the least concerns on and off the field. To me though I think he might have a higher ceiling, reminds me of Matt Ryan in terms of high floor, but not sure about the distance between the floor and ceiling. I think he's easily most NFL ready prospect in this QB class.

However....if he DOES make this drop...at what spot do the Texans start to consider jumping back into the first for him?
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014   #1914
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Bridgewater is the most likely to fall because there is nothing about him physically that stands out.

Manziel has his scrambling ability, Bortles has his size. Bridgewater is average size, average arm, but he is very cerebral. Ahead of the game mentally.

The reason guys like Logan Thomas are always drafted too early is the same reason guys like Bridgewater fall. Coaches always feel they can bring Thomas up to Bridgewater's level mentally, and they know they can't bring Bridgewater up to Thomas' level physically.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014   #1915
jradMIT
Veteran

Rep Power: 4940 jradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respected

If he falls out of the top 15 you have to ask yourself what does it take with the 2-1
jradMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014   #1916
jradMIT
Veteran

Rep Power: 4940 jradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Bridgewater is the most likely to fall because there is nothing about him physically that stands out.

Manziel has his scrambling ability, Bortles has his size. Bridgewater is average size, average arm, but he is very cerebral. Ahead of the game mentally.

The reason guys like Logan Thomas are always drafted too early is the same reason guys like Bridgewater fall. Coaches always feel they can bring Thomas up to Bridgewater's level mentally, and they know they can't bring Bridgewater up to Thomas' level physically.

A coaches fatal flaw?
jradMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014   #1917
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jradMIT View Post
A coaches fatal flaw?
Just watch. Thomas has the film of an UDFA and the body of a 1st rounder. He will be drafted in the first four rounds. Some coach will convince his GM that I'm the guy who can fix him, and they will roll the dice.

On the flip side, a guy like Aaron Murray, who I think will have a long career as a backup QB (while Thomas never takes a NFL snap), will fall to the 5th round.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014   #1918
Texian
Hall of Fame

A very similar pattern of behavior has developed among a majority of the media pretend scouts and talking hairdos. Much like they all spent a year in the tank for Reggie Bush and were touting him with every chance they got for 15 months, they're doing exactly the same thing with Teddy Bridgewater.
Old 02-23-2014   #1919
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post

I don't think there's anything special about him at all. Had he put up the numbers he did in a major conference at a major program.... sure. If he were Big Ben's size I could see him in the 8~13 range.

I know many here think he's a day one starter... I'm not seeing it. His feet are ok, but nowhere near perfect. That & his reads are going have to be worked on at the next level. I don't like the way he holds the ball before the throw, I think his delivery is too slow..... not quite a wind up, but close, giving the defense too much time to recognize & react.

He did put the ball in some tight windows. His arm is stronger than you'd think. His ball placement shows that he has a good understanding of the concept.

I'm not as high on his "feel in the pocket" as some.

To be fair... I'm not high on any of the "top 3" QBs in this draft.
Old 02-23-2014   #1920
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
A very similar pattern of behavior has developed among a majority of the media pretend scouts and talking hairdos. Much like they all spent a year in the tank for Reggie Bush and were touting him with every chance they got for 15 months, they're doing exactly the same thing with Teddy Bridgewater.
Huh? Yeah, yeah because ESPN has write ups on why Bridgewater is lauding Russell Wilson for being a guy "paving the way for short QBs" or when he makes comments about he'll make the Texans "regret passing on him" or when he he turns face as say how "cool it would be for the Texans to pick him #1 overall" or make a big deal about how of the Big 3 QBs on the draft board he's got the biggest hands surprisingly.

Oh yeah, that's right. That's not the Bridgewater hype. That's the Manziel hype.

Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read