Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-21-2014   #1781
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

How were Teddy's finger nails? Were they long enough?. Studies show that it can affect a spiral and Super Bowl berth.
Old 02-21-2014   #1782
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56984 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
He almost never throws a spiral because of 9 1/4 hand size?
The throwing of a spiral has more to do with the grip on a football than the size of the hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I didn't say anything about not big enough and Texian it has nothing to do with "in relation to football." Bortles as a much bigger guy has marginally larger hands. That is not a comment that either is too small. It is more an observation on the commentary to date. Their hand size is insignificantly different to the eye and yet the larger Bortles was never questioned about it, i.e. this has all been created controversy over the glove or just people repeating things about TB.
It has everything to do with "The Football". The whole reason they measure "Hand Size" is to know how it fits to the circumference of the football. Basic physics. A BIGGER throwing hand is advantageous in bad weather and in general ball security.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014   #1783
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91085 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Most likely it'll be the "competition faced" angle..
Yep.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014   #1784
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I didn't say anything about not big enough and Texian it has nothing to do with "in relation to football." Bortles as a much bigger guy has marginally larger hands. That is not a comment that either is too small. It is more an observation on the commentary to date. Their hand size is insignificantly different to the eye and yet the larger Bortles was never questioned about it, i.e. this has all been created controversy over the glove or just people repeating things about TB.
Yep.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014   #1785
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251514 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I remember it well also. I was 19 when they moved it to 21 in Texas. They had grandfathered the prior move from 18 to 19 but didn't grandfather the move from 19 to 21.

I remember the legal drinking age "walking up" from 18 pretty much in step with my own age. Once I turned 18 I could drink and I don't remember ever dropping back at any time as it went up.

that's just my memory. It could be off or maybe I just had a run of never being carded in there.
Old 02-21-2014   #1786
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56984 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
You mess with Bortles you mess with Texian , you've be n warned . Kinda like Renfield and Dracula , Tom and Jerry , Abbott and Costello , Mustard and Ketchup , and peas and carrots .
Not necessarily, if Bortles shows he can't throw the ball 40 yds HE'S OUT. Unlike the Teddy Fanatics I'm not married to Bortles. In fact over the course of the season I have changed opinions a couple of times. Unlike Teddy Fanatics who have been all-in on Teddy since the 2013 Sugar Bowl. Until I see another QB who can WIN games in the last 2 minutes as well or better than Bortles has proved he can do, Bortles is the man.

Part of the reason many of the armchair pretend scouts in the media are 100% committed to Teddy is because they were neck deep in their affirmation and coronation of Teddy before the 2013 season even started. One of the big flaws in the human character is the inability to admit one is wrong or admitting a mistake as is the case with many armchair pretend scouts in the media. When Teddy turns out to be Sam Bradford the Teddy Fanatics will say they knew it all along.
Old 02-21-2014   #1787
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93152 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Wasn't there an ESPN sport science episode that went over how much grip improved by wearing gloves?
Old 02-21-2014   #1788
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Not necessarily, if Bortles shows he can't throw the ball 40 yds HE'S OUT. Unlike the Teddy Fanatics I'm not married to Bortles. In fact over the course of the season I have changed opinions a couple of times. Unlike Teddy Fanatics who have been all-in on Teddy since the 2013 Sugar Bowl. Until I see another QB who can WIN games in the last 2 minutes as well or better than Bortles has proved he can do, Bortles is the man.

Part of the reason many of the armchair pretend scouts in the media are 100% committed to Teddy is because they were neck deep in their affirmation and coronation of Teddy before the 2013 season even started. One of the big flaws in the human character is the inability to admit one is wrong or admitting a mistake as is the case with many armchair pretend scouts in the media. When Teddy turns out to be Sam Bradford the Teddy Fanatics will say they knew it all along.
What if Teddy turns out to be Rogers ? You gonna say you were wrong ?

I don't know anyone on this board who is set in stone about their QB choice except about three posters . Their QB choices are Bortles , Manziel , and McCarron . Now name that poster .
Old 02-21-2014   #1789
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The throwing of a spiral has more to do with the grip on a football than the size of the hand.

It has everything to do with "The Football". The whole reason they measure "Hand Size" is to know how it fits to the circumference of the football. Basic physics. A BIGGER throwing hand is advantageous in bad weather and in general ball security.
Throwing a spiral also is snapping the wrist .
Old 02-21-2014   #1790
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Agendas are funny

Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014   #1791
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Agendas are funny

he was hacked.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014   #1792
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
he's a hack
yep
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014   #1793
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91085 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agendas are funny

The thing with scouting is, I really really hate when people cannot be objective. I don't care if you have favorites, we all do. But be objective.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 02-21-2014   #1794
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 15379 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, F that guy.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014   #1795
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97142 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Do you even read some of the stuff you type? The grip on a football most often times is a direct result of the size of the hand genius. Most guys with small hands can't grip the ball well b/c it's too large around the area where the threads are. Their hands just don't have a large enough surface area to rest the ball on. This limits the amount of the ball the index finger can wrap around the smaller part of the ball..and since the index is the main contributor in creating spin on the ball and it's the last finger off the ball...........

You can improve this with wearing gloves, but its minimal..
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014   #1796
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Teddy Bridgewater 6'2 1/8", 214 lbs., 9 1/4" hand.
If the Texans select Bridgewater I'm giddy about that weight. The only reason I questioned it was because he was listed at 205 two years ago & 195 last year. He looked every bit of 195. However his proponents argued he lost weight due to off season surgery.

He had plenty of time to put weight on during the season. Not doing so would lead me to believe he's naturally thin & a hard gainer.

214 tells me he did add weight during y get season & probably played between 205~210. I'm disappointed he isn't a true 6'3" but what I've seen makes that negligible.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 02-21-2014   #1797
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Besides. I continued to add height till I was 24. Then I started growing out.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 02-21-2014   #1798
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97142 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Something very wrong with this part of your post..
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014   #1799
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Agendas are funny

If you're a Teddy Fanatic this is a slap in the face, which it definitely is not. It is only a perceived negative because of a presumed BIAS. Gil only stated the obvious that many people thought Teddy would've BIGGER hands, Gil NEVER said that Teddy's hands were to small, only that they were expected to be BIGGER. Because Gil didn't express a positive or adoration, of course now he has an agenda, which he doesn't. It's only perceived in the minds of Teddy fans.
Old 02-21-2014   #1800
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If the Texans select Bridgewater I'm giddy about that weight. The only reason I questioned it was because he was listed at 205 two years ago & 195 last year. He looked every bit of 195. However his proponents argued he lost weight due to off season surgery.
That's because he did. He lost probably about 10 lbs because of it.

Quote:
He had plenty of time to put weight on during the season. Not doing so would lead me to believe he's naturally thin & a hard gainer.
Not exactly true. It's really hard to put on weight during a season. You're always doing conditioning to stay in shape. You put on weight during the offseason.

Quote:
214 tells me he did add weight during y get season & probably played between 205~210. I'm disappointed he isn't a true 6'3" but what I've seen makes that negligible.
IMO, he got up to about 205 for this season and then recently added 10 lbs between the end of the season and the combine because his agent told him to. 6'2 or 6'3 doesn't really matter to me. They're basically the same. Sure he's not 6'5, but he's also not 5'11.

- The Immortal Bo

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read