Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-19-2014   #1741
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Why's it gotta be that way? You don't have to hate on a guy just because you like the competition better. Just be honest. I've said nice things about Manziel, Bortles, Murray, Shaw, Mettenberger (that was a while ago though), Garopollo, Logan Thomas.....

It really doesn't matter to me. I think we're going to get 3 or 4 solid starters out of this draft. Maybe one of them will be a true franchise QB. I'd love for it to be "my guy" (if I had a guy), but if the Texans get one of the 3~4 & I get a home play-off game every year, I'll be happy.
Its all in good fun, there is nothing really that hasnt been said so we just have to wait until the combine. Even then I dont think anyone's mind will change. I respect everyones opinion especially if when their picks are not influenced by the hype media.
Old 02-19-2014   #1742
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112833 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
OK you win I will be a Manziel fan now, screw Teddy.........
I'm pulling for Teddy at #1. I respect him for what he and his mother went through. What I was referencing was the shot you took at Manziel for no apparent reason, especially since Manziel is involved with a cancer patient very personally.
Old 02-19-2014   #1743
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
I'm pulling for Teddy at #1. I respect him for what he and his mother went through. What I was referencing was the shot you took at Manziel for no apparent reason, especially since Manziel is involved with a cancer patient very personally.
OK, I was wrong, I was not aware of that. I just relate more to Teddys situation with my own mother.
Old 02-19-2014   #1744
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
You have something you want to say? Say it don't be scared!!
You made an assumption as to two prospect's future interview answers in which one (Bridgewater) can't answer and the other (Manziel) "blows everyone away." It sounded ridiculously biased and deserved a good face palming. And in your response to the facepalm, you come off like an angry teenager.

Keep doing you.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014   #1745
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
Its all in good fun, there is nothing really that hasnt been said so we just have to wait until the combine. Even then I dont think anyone's mind will change. I respect everyones opinion especially if when their picks are not influenced by the hype media.
My post was a little tongue in cheek, if you notice I didn't say that I've ever said anything good about Teddy.... everybody else, but not Teddy.
Old 02-19-2014   #1746
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
You made an assumption as to two prospect's future interview answers in which one (Bridgewater) can't answer and the other (Manziel) "blows everyone away." It sounded ridiculously biased and deserved a good face palming. And in your response to the facepalm, you come off like an angry teenager.

Keep doing you.
I couldn't be more unbiased. In fact I've probably been the most unbiased poster On this message board when it comes to the top four candidates.

All reports are that Manziel has prepaired for the interview process with great success. Then a day before the combine starts Bridgewater is dumbfounded In a simple tv interview. You don't think that is discussion worthy? Here? What else is there to talk about at this point?
Old 02-19-2014   #1747
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I couldn't be more unbiased. In fact I've probably been the most unbiased poster On this message board when it comes to the top four candidates.
Everyone is bias, repeatedly stating that you are not doesn't change anything. You are a Manziel fan, no shame in it...although I think the stink about Bridgewater's answer is beyond nit picking.

If Bridgewater answers the same question the same way when interviewing this the Texans, then yeah its safe to say he won't be the pick...but assuming he would make such a poor effort to answer a question is wrong.

For the record though, I do understand what you are saying. Manziel's personality ar more commands a room than Bridgwater's does, and that undoubtedly will have an impression on everyone that interviews Johnny...to what degree, and whether to not that rises him on GMs boards will vary.
matts290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-19-2014   #1748
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Manziel's personality may be much stronger than Bridgewater's, but it is also probably far more polarizing.

I know plenty of string personalities that fill a room but aren't likeable. We'll see if he wins over the Texans FO.
Old 02-20-2014   #1749
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts290 View Post
Everyone is bias, repeatedly stating that you are not doesn't change anything. You are a Manziel fan, no shame in it...although I think the stink about Bridgewater's answer is beyond nit picking.

If Bridgewater answers the same question the same way when interviewing this the Texans, then yeah its safe to say he won't be the pick...but assuming he would make such a poor effort to answer a question is wrong.

For the record though, I do understand what you are saying. Manziel's personality ar more commands a room than Bridgwater's does, and that undoubtedly will have an impression on everyone that interviews Johnny...to what degree, and whether to not that rises him on GMs boards will vary.
I'm a Manziel fan? I have said repeatedly that I have Manziel and Bridgewater rated the same. Bridgewater is better now and has a higher floor. Manziel has a higher ceiling. I will be happy with either one of those guys or clowney at number one. So yeah I guess I am a Manziel fan but I'm also Bridgwater and a clowney fan.

I don't see how it could be any more unbiased.
Old 02-20-2014   #1750
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts290 View Post
I think Teddy's response to the question will have about as much bearing as Manziel's "frito" quote. They're both non-issues.
Old 02-20-2014   #1751
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
I think Teddy's response to the question will have about as much bearing as Manziel's "frito" quote. They're both non-issues.
I personally find the "Dorito" portion of that quote to be the better indicator of how his game translates to the NFL.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014   #1752
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 15379 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Doesn't look thin to me. Come on, Combine...

bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014   #1753
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...up-the-combine

Mini-video in there, too.
Old 02-20-2014   #1754
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:

This reminds me of the oden v durant deal. Oden was a franchise center,7ft 300lbs with the power and quickness we haven't seen since shaq. Meanwhile, durant,6'10 sf, 200lbs and couldn't bench press 1 time. He was too skinny to survive in nba,guys will get in his body,were the concerns. 5 yrs later, durant will probably win mvp and has taken his team to the finals,but the man child has missed seasons and comes off the bench.

I say this because if TB had history of being nicked,injured,or hurt a lot or often,I would be scared of his size,but he hasn't. Why? He gets rid of the ball by throwing guys open and anticipating windows. He's not the knida of guy who tries to make a big play out of every play. He hs great mobility,but its in the pocket. He climbs in the pocket,but stays in it and feels the pressure. Some guys feel the pressure and take off or retreat vs trusting the protection.
Old 02-20-2014   #1755
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94101 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Dude looks like Kordell Stewart here.....bad omen?
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014   #1756
jradMIT
Veteran

Rep Power: 7120 jradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respected

Over/Under

Height 6 2 1/4
Weight 210
jradMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014   #1757
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jradMIT View Post
Over/Under

Height 6 2 1/4
Weight 210
Over on both but just a little bit
matts290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014   #1758
revan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Dude looks like Kordell Stewart here.....bad omen?
More like...

hahaha
Old 02-20-2014   #1759
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

cmon teddy make this evaluation process easier for us all and blow this combine away
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014   #1760
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Teddy Bridgewater 6'2 1/8", 214 lbs., 9 1/4" hand.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read