Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-19-2014   #1721
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
And in rush The knights in shining armor to protect their Beloved prospect. How Dare me even suggest that Bridgewater could fail in his quest to be the number one pick to an equally talented foe because of something as trivial as the interview. Silly me, you can't throw Td's in an interview.

The interview means NOTHING!!!! I'm a troll for voicing my opinion that an equally talented Manziel could win this race to #1 because he is better prepared for the actual face to face get to know one another portion of the process. No I'm the "ultimate troll"!!!!! Despite the fact that I never said this is what I want to happen. Despite the fact that I have said time and time again that I'm perfectly happy with selecting Bridgewater.

Sorry you're man love for Bridgewater has clouded your judgement to the point where you can't endulge in simple objective conversation about the process of the draft without getting your panties in a wad. You should probably take a mydol. I'm sure you have some. Look in your purse next to your tampons.

Sorry that you can't see that at this point in the process interviewing well should be so drilled into a prospects head that he should be able to do well while hanging upside down choking on a chicken wing.

Sorry that you can't see past your emotional ties and have an objective conversation about particulars of the draft in a draft forum without calling someone names.
Me not being objective? What a joke.

you're the one in here talking about his response to 1 damn question = him not interviewing well at the combine.

You're the one in here getting mad b/c multiple people have called you out on the absurdity of your premise.

You're the one in here trying to make the leap of 1 question equalling a whole damn interview.

You're also in a TB thread expecting not to get flamed for making such claims.

Noone said anything about Interviews not being important....At least i didn't anyway.

I'm not being objective.... The sad thing in all of this is that had you actually read what i wrote, you would've ascertained that i understood what you were trying to say & actually agreed with you that he was caught off guard & seemed unprepared by the question. I just disagreed with you that it meant he wouldn't interview well at the combine.

Get over yourself.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014   #1722
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So he's a liar!!!!!

Wow. A loaded question? That question is asked all the time especially to top QB's.
Never said it wasn't...Still, it doesn't mean that it's a good question to ask...what's more is that how they answer that 1 question is no more a predictor of how they will interview at the combine than say a 40 time is predicting how well a guy will run the ball in a game...or more broadly to what you're really trying to get at, how they will play qb in the NFL.
Old 02-19-2014   #1723
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Me not being objective? What a joke.

you're the one in here talking about his response to 1 damn question = him not interviewing well at the combine.

You're the one in here getting mad b/c multiple people have called you out on the absurdity of your premise.

You're the one in here trying to make the leap of 1 question equalling a whole damn interview.

You're also in a TB thread expecting not to get flamed for making such claims.

Noone said anything about Interviews not being important....At least i didn't anyway.

I'm not being objective.... The sad thing in all of this is that had you actually read what i wrote, you would've ascertained that i understood what you were trying to say & actually agreed with you that he was caught off guard & seemed unprepared by the question. I just disagreed with you that it meant he wouldn't interview well at the combine.

Get over yourself.
It wasn't about one question. That was just an example. He doesn't look comfortable. He doesn't look confident. He doesn't Look assertive. Why would I get flamed for pointing out something as simple as he doesn't appear to interview well? You're the only one doing any flaming. You started out your post with"mussop" the ultimate troll LOL!
Old 02-19-2014   #1724
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:
So you're saying the interview means nothing?

And please stop with this Andre comparison. It just doesn't even fit. Show me a successful QB with Andrea demeanor.
Eli Manning
Old 02-19-2014   #1725
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
It wasn't about one question. That was just an example. He doesn't look comfortable. He doesn't look confident. He doesn't Look assertive. Why would I get flamed for pointing out something as simple as he doesn't appear to interview well? You're the only one doing any flaming. You started out your post with"mussop" the ultimate troll LOL!
"Lol" at the end of that implies that i was half way joking with you dude, relax. I'm in joke mode b/c i know that if there's someone with something negative to say about the kid it's you, Texian and probably Steelb or Dissacks...& everyone who's frequented this thread knows this; Kinda like me and a few others in the Manziel thread LMAO...Nothing wrong with it, just be prepared to deal with whatever comes your way...especially in a thread dedicated to the subject.

Does he look as comfortable in front of camera as Manziel? No. But neither does Bill Belichick & he's the best in the business at his job...Not that i'm saying TB is going to be the best qb in the league...just making a point that some guys just are never going to be as polished & comfortable in front of the camera as say a Peyton Manning....

All in all, unless you have empircal evidence, You can't possibly make the leap that you did.

There is such a thing as quiet confidence.
Old 02-19-2014   #1726
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Never said it wasn't...Still, it doesn't mean that it's a good question to ask...what's more is that how they answer that 1 question is no more a predictor of how they will interview at the combine than say a 40 time is predicting how well a guy will run the ball in a game...or more broadly to what you're really trying to get at, how they will play qb in the NFL.
If By now you don't understand what I'm really trying to get at then you have a comprehension problem that goes beyond my ability to communicate with you. But I'll try one more time. Pull your head out of Bridgwater's ass far enough so that you can understand this. I love the way Bridgewater Plays. I think he's ahead of Manzella this point. I think Manziel has a higher ceiling but lower floor. I will be happy with either. In my opinion this is a very tight race between the two of them. In my opinion is going to come down to something like the interview process to separate one from the other. If You can't understand that, there's nothing else to say. Except don't forget the Midol.
Old 02-19-2014   #1727
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
If By now you don't understand what I'm really trying to get at then you have a comprehension problem that goes beyond my ability to communicate with you. But I'll try one more time. Pull your head out of Bridgwater's ass far enough so that you can understand this. I love the way Bridgewater Plays. I think he's ahead of Manzella this point. I think Manziel has a higher ceiling but lower floor. I will be happy with either. In my opinion this is a very tight race between the two of them. In my opinion is going to come down to something like the interview process to separate one from the other. If You can't understand that, there's nothing else to say. Except don't forget the Midol.
You really just can't communicate without insulting someone can you?
Sponsored links
Old 02-19-2014   #1728
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
"Lol" at the end of that implies that i was half way joking with you dude, relax. I'm in joke mode b/c i know that if there's someone with something negative to say about the kid it's you, Texian and probably Steelb or Dissacks...& everyone who's frequented this thread knows this; Kinda like me and a few others in the Manziel thread LMAO...Nothing wrong with it, just be prepared to deal with whatever comes your way...especially in a thread dedicated to the subject.

Does he look as comfortable in front of camera as Manziel? No. But neither does Bill Belichick & he's the best in the business at his job...Not that i'm saying TB is going to be the best qb in the league...just making a point that some guys just are never going to be as polished & comfortable in front of the camera as say a Peyton Manning....

All in all, unless you have empircal evidence, You can't possibly make the leap that you did.

There is such a thing as quiet confidence.
well that was actually a good response. Sorry I took it wrong. Maybe I need a midol. However I don't what you are talking about when you say I would have something negative to say about Bridgewater. That's far from the truth. I have defended all four prospects at some point. Don't think I have said anything negative about any of them.
Old 02-19-2014   #1729
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

ONE MORE ONE MORE!!!
Old 02-19-2014   #1730
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post

ONE MORE ONE MORE!!!
But put some more damned weight on the bar first.

Damn.

95 pounds? Seriously?

EDIT: Unless those are 25 KILO plates. At which point, that becomes maybe 155 pounds or so and that's good. But those look like 25 pound bumper plates to me.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014   #1731
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm curious what his shoe size is... anybody seen that?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014   #1732
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
But put some more damned weight on the bar first.

Damn.

95 pounds? Seriously?

EDIT: Unless those are 25 KILO plates. At which point, that becomes maybe 155 pounds or so and that's good. But those look like 25 pound bumper plates to me.
They look like bumper plates to me as well. It might just be a warm-up set.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014   #1733
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
They look like bumper plates to me as well. It might just be a warm-up set.
Seriously, though.

Lots of things it could be.

There are some routines where you work out with a small percentage of 1RM in order to train explosiveness.

One coach made a point by putting me through a workout where he didn't use any weight heavier than 25 pounds and he liked ta kilt me.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014   #1734
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Seriously, though.

Lots of things it could be.

There are some routines where you work out with a small percentage of 1RM in order to train explosiveness.

One coach made a point by putting me through a workout where he didn't use any weight heavier than 25 pounds and he liked ta kilt me.
Yep. I was just trying to get ahead of the people calling him weak based on just this picture (before this off-season I would have doubted anybody would do that. Now...)

Those low weight sets can be brutal.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014   #1735
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Just a normal kid with a humble backround. His story with his mom hit close to home, that won me over as soon as I saw it. While Manziel was out partying and causing headlines this kid was helping his mom fight cancer.

Old 02-19-2014   #1736
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Just a normal kid with a humble backround. His story with his mom hit close to home, that won me over as soon as I saw it. While Manziel was out partying and causing headlines this kid was helping his mom fight cancer.
Lol
Old 02-19-2014   #1737
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Much respect to him. But I'm getting tired of hearing about it. Starting to remind me of Manti Teo's girlfriend.
Old 02-19-2014   #1738
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113664 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dude, really?

Quote:
Manziel flew to Houston for a Valentine's Day-themed fashion show fundraiser for 6-year-old Texas A&M fan and cancer patient Charlie Dina, according to Culture Map Houston, which also reported that Texans general manager Rick Smith was in attendance, as well. Manziel and Dina walked the runway, and Manziel signed some autographs afterward.

"I was here for Charlie," Manziel said. "I've been in training for the last month in San Diego and I flew in just for Charlie."

Manziel has been supporting Dina's cancer fight, which included a bone marrow transplant, since 2012.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-charity-event

Quote:
"I love you."
Those were Johnny Manziel's final words to six-year-old Charlie Dina as he kissed him on the cheek and put him back on the Kyle Field turf.
He then turned to Dina's parents, hugged both of them and said, "I love you."
As Manziel ran back to the locker room following another Heisman-worthy performance, he left three people in the south end zone with smiles that could've been seen from Northgate.
For those that don't know the Charlie's Angels story, google "Charlie Dina." The six-year-old from Houston is finally cancer free. He was diagnosed with stage-four neuroblastoma, a pediatric cancer, in 2012. He underwent five rounds of chemotherapy, radiation and other treatment before scans showed no evidence of the cancer in May of 2013. Dina was a guest of the Fightin' Texas Aggie Band at last night's game. The entire band wore yellow Charlie's Angels wristbands. Dina was able to hang out with Manziel during the pregame and hang out with the band throughout the night.
http://www.aggiesports.com/blogs/fro...a4bcf887a.html

He's been doing this since before he turned into Johnny Football.
Old 02-19-2014   #1739
revan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Dude, really?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-charity-event

http://www.aggiesports.com/blogs/fro...a4bcf887a.html

He's been doing this since before he turned into Johnny Football.
OK you win I will be a Manziel fan now, screw Teddy.........
Old 02-19-2014   #1740
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
OK you win I will be a Manziel fan now, screw Teddy.........
Why's it gotta be that way? You don't have to hate on a guy just because you like the competition better. Just be honest. I've said nice things about Manziel, Bortles, Murray, Shaw, Mettenberger (that was a while ago though), Garopollo, Logan Thomas.....

It really doesn't matter to me. I think we're going to get 3 or 4 solid starters out of this draft. Maybe one of them will be a true franchise QB. I'd love for it to be "my guy" (if I had a guy), but if the Texans get one of the 3~4 & I get a home play-off game every year, I'll be happy.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read