Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-18-2014   #1701
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
You have something you want to say? Say it don't be scared!!
Old 02-18-2014   #1702
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts290 View Post
Seriously? You think because of how he answered a question for a fluff piece from a local news network, that he will give the same answer to GMs and HCs during interviews? Come one now, be logical.

Regarding your first post, I get what you are saying, but you are interpreting it all wrong. Sure Teddy does not have a TV personality like Mazniel, and maybe lacks the some spark and charisma when doing television interviews, but what matters is the content of his words, now how he presents them.

Seems like there is a guy on our team now that is low key, short answered, and mellow, and he is is one of the best to ever play his position.

Manziel and Bridgewater are their own persons, neither personality is better.
If he isn't prepared to answer a SIMPLE question like that yet from a reporter how is he going to respond next week to his peers in the biggest job interview in his life? I don't have. Problem with either of them. I've said a thousand times I'll be happy with either guy. But you can't tell me if you were in charge of drafting the next Cornerstone of your franchise you wouldn't look negatively at a player that wasn't even prepared enough to answer simple questions.

You're the boss you have two guys coming In To interview with very similar resumes, one hesitates to answer each question, doesn't seem prepared and kinda lulls his way through the interview. The other one is quick to respond with confident well thought out answers and just seems to flow through the interview without hesitation. Who you gonna hire? Yeh thought so.
Old 02-18-2014   #1703
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected

Like I said, you are reading way too much into a stupid little local news interview. The same way people were blowing Manziel's "dare comments" out of proportion. Actually if you think about it they are kinda in the same fold. Teddy says he has nothing he needs to work on, Johnny says he will make us regret not drafting him...but they said it to reporters, not to O'Brien or Rick Smith while sitting down in a professional interview. The media is the media and how you approach them is often very different than how you approach your coaches and teammates and this applies to any fact of the game. Whether is be interviewing for a potential team or talking about a tough loss. You don't give the reporters the same answers or that you give your teammates after a bad loss do you?
matts290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014   #1704
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Isn't Teddy's schtick that he is NFL ready?

Maybe nothing is his way of saying, I can already do this at an NFL level?
Old 02-19-2014   #1705
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Unwise but ultimately insignificant.
Old 02-19-2014   #1706
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Unwise but ultimately insignificant.
OK, I laughed. I was thinking you'd react the same way.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-19-2014   #1707
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSkYVk3geYA

Watch the end of this video.
If he's still 196, it's a good 196. Looks pretty stout.
Old 02-19-2014   #1708
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

I imagine if Manziel had said it, this would be the kind of "Joe Cool, brash, arrogance we want to see in a franchise QB."
Old 02-19-2014   #1709
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I imagine if Manziel had said it, this would be the kind of "Joe Cool, brash, arrogance we want to see in a franchise QB."
I think everyone is missing the point. It's not what he said. It's how he said it. I don't have a problem at all with him saying what he said. It just seems to me that he looked/sounded unprepared to answer the question. The interview is a very important part of the process. When you are being considered for the most important position on the team, you are expected to show confidence, intelligence and a presence that let's the guy know who's putting his job on the line for picking you that you are capable of leading the team.

You would think he would have been doing practice interviews till his head was spinning. It's more than obvious Manziel has been.
Old 02-19-2014   #1710
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73103 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think everyone is missing the point. It's not what he said. It's how he said it. I don't have a problem at all with him saying what he said. It just seems to me that he looked/sounded unprepared to answer the question. The interview is a very important part of the process. When you are being considered for the most important position on the team, you are expected to show confidence, intelligence and a presence that let's the guy know who's putting his job on the line for picking you that you are capable of leading the team.

You would think he would have been doing practice interviews till his head was spinning. It's more than obvious Manziel has been.
Looks to me like he's been practicing playing QB, which is ultimately what his job will be. I'll admit, when their playing careers are over Manziel is the one who is more likely to get an ESPN job offer.

My QB's on field confidence, intelligence, and presence is far more important to me than the persona he plays in front of a reporter.

Andre doesn't ever look particularly comfortable in interviews. He must not be leadership material...
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014   #1711
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
5. Teddy will be ready. Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater won't be fat but after officially being listed at 6-3, 205 pounds for the Cardinals throughout his junior season, expect him to weigh in significantly heavier in Indianapolis, easing some of the concerns scouts have about his ability to hold up physically in the NFL.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/n...ld-predictions
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014   #1712
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Looks to me like he's been practicing playing QB, which is ultimately what his job will be. I'll admit, when their playing careers are over Manziel is the one who is more likely to get an ESPN job offer.

My QB's on field confidence, intelligence, and presence is far more important to me than the persona he plays in front of a reporter.

Andre doesn't ever look particularly comfortable in interviews. He must not be leadership material...
So you're saying the interview means nothing?

And please stop with this Andre comparison. It just doesn't even fit. Show me a successful QB with Andrea demeanor.
Old 02-19-2014   #1713
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Mussop the ultimate troll lol...

The way he answered it? 1 question tells you that? Wow, i guess luck didn't interview well either considering how little swag & bravado he showed in interviewing with Gruden here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0PY-POQbEo

He was too busy stammering & giggling like a little school girl the entire interview to really project any confidence...From this we can only infer how disaterous his interviews went which ultimately cost him millions of dollars in the draft when he fell........oh wait..

We also saw how "polished" Geno Smith answered questions lobbed at him about his skills last year....didn't seem to help him much as we saw him fall from possible top 5 to early 2nd rounder.

TB is humble...probably moreso than any guy with as much coming to him as any kid i've ever seen since Lebron James.

yes the question probably caught him off guard a little...But dude was out there in the middle of a workout......locked in getting better. I would hope he's not out there in the middle of practice thinking about how to answer a loaded question about his skill as best he can.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014   #1714
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Interview don't throw no TDs, but TB cannot touch Manziel & Bortles behind a mic/in front camera at this point. His actions, though, speak well of him.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014   #1715
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

And please stop with this Andre comparison. It just doesn't even fit. Show me a successful QB with Andrea demeanor.
Team interviews = Yes

Media interviews = No

In the end, it's all about what's on film
Old 02-19-2014   #1716
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
I think everyone is missing the point. It's not what he said. It's how he said it. I don't have a problem at all with him saying what he said. It just seems to me that he looked/sounded unprepared to answer the question.
I'll admit he didn't look like he believed it... but that's me. I don't like the guy.

I don't like Jonny Manziel.

I don't like Blake Bortles.

Now if they were available at 20... then I love them, but right now. Hate.
Old 02-19-2014   #1717
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Mussop the ultimate troll lol...

The way he answered it? 1 question tells you that? Wow, i guess luck didn't interview well either considering how little swag & bravado he showed in interviewing with Gruden here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0PY-POQbEo

He was too busy stammering & giggling like a little school girl the entire interview to really project any confidence...From this we can only infer how disaterous his interviews went which ultimately cost him millions of dollars in the draft when he fell........oh wait..

We also saw how "polished" Geno Smith answered questions lobbed at him about his skills last year....didn't seem to help him much as we saw him fall from possible top 5 to early 2nd rounder.

TB is humble...probably moreso than any guy with as much coming to him as any kid i've ever seen since Lebron James.

yes the question probably caught him off guard a little...But dude was out there in the middle of a workout......locked in getting better. I would hope he's not out there in the middle of practice thinking about how to answer a loaded question about his skill as best he can.
And in rush The knights in shining armor to protect their Beloved prospect. How Dare me even suggest that Bridgewater could fail in his quest to be the number one pick to an equally talented foe because of something as trivial as the interview. Silly me, you can't throw Td's in an interview.

The interview means NOTHING!!!! I'm a troll for voicing my opinion that an equally talented Manziel could win this race to #1 because he is better prepared for the actual face to face get to know one another portion of the process. No I'm the "ultimate troll"!!!!! Despite the fact that I never said this is what I want to happen. Despite the fact that I have said time and time again that I'm perfectly happy with selecting Bridgewater.

Sorry you're man love for Bridgewater has clouded your judgement to the point where you can't endulge in simple objective conversation about the process of the draft without getting your panties in a wad. You should probably take a mydol. I'm sure you have some. Look in your purse next to your tampons.

Sorry that you can't see that at this point in the process interviewing well should be so drilled into a prospects head that he should be able to do well while hanging upside down choking on a chicken wing.

Sorry that you can't see past your emotional ties and have an objective conversation about particulars of the draft in a draft forum without calling someone names.
Old 02-19-2014   #1718
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'll admit he didn't look like he believed it... but that's me. I don't like the guy.

I don't like Jonny Manziel.

I don't like Blake Bortles.

Now if they were available at 20... then I love them, but right now. Hate.
Of course he didn't believe it...If he truly did believe it i would be concerned b/c that would signal to me that he's not interested in getting better...And everything i've read & heard about the kid says that that isn't in his makeup.

But it was a loaded question..a bad loaded question at that. I mean seriously, how's a guy supposed to answer a question like that right before the biggest interview of his life?

If he answers truthfully, he draws increased attention to it from scouts...

if he answers the way he did, he makes scouts do their own homework & draw their own conclusions.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014   #1719
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Team interviews = Yes

Media interviews = No

In the end, it's all about what's on film
You honestly believe he will interview well in the most intimidating, important interview he will ever have in his life if he can't even interview well with a simple reporter? I agree film is the most important part of all of this. My point is if two guys have equal film it's got to come down to something else. If one aces the interview and one is meh???? You can't concide that could be the deciding factor?

That's all I'm saying. Not that I want that to happen. Not that I don't like Bridgewater. In fact I think he is more NFL ready than Manziel right now. It's just my opinion that it appears he isn't as prepaired for the interview process as Manziel is. In such a close race, again just my opinion it's a very close race, that could be a deciding factor.
Old 02-19-2014   #1720
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Of course he didn't believe it...If he truly did believe it i would be concerned b/c that would signal to me that he's not interested in getting better...And everything i've read & heard about the kid says that that isn't in his makeup.

But it was a loaded question..a bad loaded question at that. I mean seriously, how's a guy supposed to answer a question like that right before the biggest interview of his life?

If he answers truthfully, he draws increased attention to it from scouts...

if he answers the way he did, he makes scouts do their own homework & draw their own conclusions.

So he's a liar!!!!!

Wow. A loaded question? That question is asked all the time especially to top QB's.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read