Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-17-2014   #1661
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Oh you mean this guy? Your golden boy, whom Deadspin wrote a mother F'ing article about saying exactly what I've been saying and just released that article 13 minutes ago so it's obvious I didn't just rip them off.

http://deadspin.com/why-is-the-nfl-g...ous-1524613372

Keep trying bro. You lose this round and so does Nawrocki. It feels good to be validated. Dude is a joke and if you listen to the poison he preaches as truth you will end up like that snake bit joker preacher that died because he thought he could withstand the venom.

I should get paid for probably inspiring this writer. He probably ripped me off, but has a connection so he gets the National Cred.

Next your gonna start linking articles to Skip Bayless and when I question his idiocy you will tell me it's because I'm biased. All good brah.
You are validating yourself with a Deadspin article by Tom Ley? Really?
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014   #1662
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think any thread in this sub forum can go 5 pages without an argument about a scout or reporter coming up haha. We should have another sub forums dedicated to a fantasy draft of all the media scouts and reporters.
matts290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014   #1663
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
lol, you're damn right I am validating myself with this article.

What do we do on this message board? We either report news or we state our opinions as 'facts' and try to back em up and debate them.

You called this guy the truth. I called this guy a clown and used specific examples. Less than 2 hours later a Deadspin (A National News Hub that is bad-A) comes out and basically says everything I said and uses the same examples I used.

You lose bro, or should I say... Nolan Nawrocki!

Note to self... next time Texian says something outlandish say "Nice try... Nolan Nawrocki"
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014   #1664
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47761 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
5'8, 170, wear large mens' football gloves. Last game played: 52-9 victory at Texas A&M spring intramurals. Recorded 2 interceptions and a receiving TD. Am I draftable guys?
I would draft you, into my beer drinking club but you gotta be 21

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014   #1665
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I would draft you, into my beer drinking club but you gotta be 21
He's good with parental consent on private property if you don't sell him the beer.
Old 02-17-2014   #1666
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
If they don't find a solution at QB this offseason , they will likely be picking very high again in next years draft ... We wont have to wait 5-7 years.
Which I have no problem with in next yrs loaded QB draft.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014   #1667
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
True
LOL
Sponsored links
Old 02-17-2014   #1668
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47761 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
He's good with parental consent on private property if you don't sell him the beer.
I don't make the rules just try to imbide I mean abide by them. I think it's kinda silly if you can fight for your country & vote but you can't drink a beer until your 21

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014   #1669
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Said all the fans of teams that needed QBs 365 days ago.

This class was supposed to be "loaded". Now it's not good enough and we're waiting until next year. Guess what people will be saying about that class when we get there...
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014   #1670
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post

This class was supposed to be "loaded". Now it's not good enough and we're waiting until next year. Guess what people will be saying about that class when we get there...
Ain't that something? I remember when people were saying cleveland did right because barkley,geno,wilson and them dudes were coming out. Next yr gets here and ej manuel goes in the top of the 1st,geno goes 2nd rd, wilson gets beat out by and undrafted rookie,and barkley and jones are 4th rd picks. Now here we go again,let's wait till the loaded class when in actuality,the only guy who really worth the top pick is winston. Those other guys have talent like hundley and mariotta,but neither has any polish orpassing game acumen.
Old 02-18-2014   #1671
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It seems that all classes are loaded until they become draftable. Then people poke holes in them for 4 months and the class is no longer loaded.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014   #1672
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/n...p-qb-prospects

Quote:
No. 1: Houston Texans
Best fit: Bridgewater

Given that the Texans boast considerable talent on both sides of the ball and are perhaps just some consistency at quarterback away from once again competing for an AFC South crown, Bridgewater is the most logical and safe selection.

The reason is simple -- he's the most accurate passer in the draft. Bridgewater's 68.3 career completion percentage wasn't manufactured by easy reads in the spread offense -- he displayed the ability to read defenses quickly and Pro Bowl-caliber ball placement. He is technically sound, very intelligent and a good, if underutilized, athlete.

His game is an easy projection to new coach Bill O'Brien's offense, a short, timing-based attack he implemented at Penn State and previously with the New England Patriots.

Good fit: Bortles

Bridgewater is pro-ready, but his slight frame is a legitimate concern. Listed at 6-feet-3 and 205 pounds, he's naturally lean and even a concerted effort to pack on good weight before the draft could be far-fetched (watch for his weigh-in numbers at the scouting combine).

That's part of the platform for Bortles (6-3, 230) gaining traction as a fit in Houston. Bortles has instincts and poise to go along with a strong arm and good athleticism. Bortles also led UCF to a victory over O'Brien's Nittany Lions in Happy Valley, drawing effusive praise from the coach following the loss. Further, O'Brien will get the straight scoop from Knights head coach George O'Leary. O'Brien coached for seven years under O'Leary at Georgia Tech and the two remain close.

Poor fit: Manziel

Johnny Football's undeniable playmaking ability and regional appeal give him a puncher's chance at pulling the upset, though in many ways he's the riskiest of the three top quarterbacks. His improvisational skills are mesmerizing but aren't necessarily an ideal match in O'Brien's scheme.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014   #1673
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
lol, you're damn right I am validating myself with this article.

What do we do on this message board? We either report news or we state our opinions as 'facts' and try to back em up and debate them.

You called this guy the truth. I called this guy a clown and used specific examples. Less than 2 hours later a Deadspin (A National News Hub that is bad-A) comes out and basically says everything I said and uses the same examples I used.

You lose bro, or should I say... Nolan Nawrocki!

Note to self... next time Texian says something outlandish say "Nice try... Nolan Nawrocki"
OK fine by me. You do know that Deadspin is the TMZ and National Enquirer of the sports world don't you? It's real Buffoonery. You really are better this. I believe in you, you've so much more potential.
Old 02-18-2014   #1674
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I don't make the rules just try to imbide I mean abide by them. I think it's kinda silly if you can fight for your country & vote but you can't drink a beer until your 21
They lowered the drinking age to 18 back in the 70s in large part because of your exact argument. The drinking and driving accidents associated with those under 21 along with the fatalities rose to alarming levels. They eventually decided that legal drinking at 18 was a bad idea and reversed the new law not long after passing it.
Old 02-18-2014   #1675
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
So you are OK with essentially pissing away this season .... watching the entire roster age another year , contracts escalating another year ....

You go tell JJ Watt we're gonna have the #1 overall again next year when you attempt to negotiate a contract extension .... and he tells you go @*&% yourself.

I'm not at all sold on next years QB class.

Hundley is a better physical version of Bridgewater without the polish or pocket presence.

Mariota is a wannabe Manzeil .... albeit bigger.

Jameis isn't all that and may not even come out , said he was staying a 3rd year recently.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014   #1676
jradMIT
Veteran

Rep Power: 4940 jradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree you only pass on this year's qb's if you feel they cannot be above average starters and have un correctable faults. If not then you take your guy, if you like all three maybe you trade back. I don't think lets wait till next season is a viable plan being that there are too many unknowns. Injuries, bad play, players staying in school, etc as someone has mentioned could render the QB class of 2015 sub par, not to mention you might not suck this year and have a high enough pick as it is.
jradMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014   #1677
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

I would draft a QB this yr and next yr.

You know, building depth thingy, I know it's a new concept for the Texans. This isn't an either or type proposition.
Old 02-18-2014   #1678
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They lowered the drinking age to 18 back in the 70s in large part because of your exact argument. The drinking and driving accidents associated with those under 21 along with the fatalities rose to alarming levels. They eventually decided that legal drinking at 18 was a bad idea and reversed the new law not long after passing it.
Not arguing with you, just providing detail.

The federal voting age was reduced from 21 to 18 in 1971. Most states tied age of majority, drinking and voting loosely together. Drunk driving was already on the rise and continued to do so dramatically across the board up to about 50 years old with the worst category being late twenties. MADD wanted outright bans or lowered thresholds but couldn't sell them for the most part and settled for nibbling at the fringes where they could muster the votes.

These were not the purview of 18-21 year olds.

They belonged primarily to the parents of the 18 year olds affected by the 1984 national minimum age change.
Old 02-18-2014   #1679
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 13608 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Teddy at IMG. Dude is putting in work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSkYVk3geYA
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014   #1680
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58316 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
Teddy at IMG. Dude is putting in work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSkYVk3geYA
His hands don't look small to me in that video when he's gripping the ball.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read