Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-11-2014   #1641
jradMIT
Veteran

Rep Power: 7556 jradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

I still think they are going to give him another year. Its really the only way they can think they can compete next year. If they knock their draft out the park it wouldn't be crazy for them to hang next year.
jradMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014   #1642
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jradMIT View Post
I still think they are going to give him another year. Its really the only way they can think they can compete next year. If they knock their draft out the park it wouldn't be crazy for them to hang next year.
In that division? The Rams might have won our division this year as is.
Old 02-17-2014   #1643
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 28464 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Bridgewater is going to cement himself as the #1 QB after this weekend.
Old 02-17-2014   #1644
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
Bridgewater is going to cement himself as the #1 QB after this weekend.
I was just having a little friendly banter about 'reaching' and did a little bit of research on the subject.

After I got done looking I have convinced myself that he IS the pick.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014   #1645
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
I was just having a little friendly banter about 'reaching' and did a little bit of research on the subject.

After I got done looking I have convinced myself that he IS the pick.
I'd love to see that research, or try to better understand what you consider a reach.
Old 02-17-2014   #1646
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'd love to see that research, or try to better understand what you consider a reach.
This is from a little bit of research I did. I basically Googled every big board I could find for the specific year, that's Big Board, not Mock Draft. Entirely different.

It basically showed me that if you didn't reach for a QB you almost never got one. I stopped at this number of QBs because it proved my point, almost every other QB that is starting is an INC or not a reach, but I felt I had enough.

Ben Ro and Jay Cutler are exceptions, but who wants Jay Cutler? Matt Ryan is iffy, and I wrote that.

Brees, Wilson, and Foles are incompletes for reasoning written.

Romo, Rodgers, and Brady are all the biggest exceptions and blunders that everyone is aware of.

That leaves you the rest. 2 of those 3 justifiable 1.01 picks are 2 of only 3 in the last 30 years (third being Elway), chances you get a shot at one of those 3 are very very small.

You can correct me if you think I'm wrong, but I want you to prove it, I will not accept anyone's faulty memories as truth.

Old 02-17-2014   #1647
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
This is from a little bit of research I did. I basically Googled every big board I could find for the specific year, that's Big Board, not Mock Draft. Entirely different.

You can correct me if you think I'm wrong, but I want you to prove it, I will not accept anyone's faulty memories as truth.

You've got a column with the heading, "Reach to me" & one marked "Reach to you"

Are you the "me" & am I the "you" or do they mean something totally different?
Old 02-17-2014   #1648
TexansFTW
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
You've got a column with the heading, "Reach to me" & one marked "Reach to you"

Are you the "me" & am I the "you" or do they mean something totally different?
Yes.

I feel that it is not a reach to draft a QB almost all of the time, unless in Tannehill's case I was very against the pick, but he is slowly showing me that I might be wrong. I'm still not completely sold though and will always consider it a reach even if he proves me as justified.

Bill Lazor might just do wonders though, we will see, and I could eat crow soon.
Old 02-17-2014   #1649
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

ANALYSIS
Quote:
STRENGTHS Extremely competitive and driven to succeed. Well-prepared and confident in his approach. Operated a pro-style, progression-read offense where he is asked to scan the whole field and set protections. Footwork is very clean and in rhythm -- throws on balance with sound mechanics, a fluid delivery and smooth stroke. Very good timing, touch and anticipation -- throws receivers open. Is patient working through his reads and will step up in the pocket. Sells play-action hard and takes what the defense gives him. Poised in the face of the blitz and often anticipates it coming. Is very mentally and physically tough -- played through a broken left wrist with a sprained ankle in what was essentially the 2012 Big East championship game, coming off the bench to captain the Cardinals to a come-from-behind victory. Is a student of the game with a very good understanding of football concepts. Plays like a coach on the field, knows the responsibilities of everyone on the field and can get teammates lined up correctly. Makes few mental errors. Consistently moves the chains and converts in critical situations. Is given a lot of autonomy to make pre-snap reads and adjustments at the line of scrimmage and understands how to exploit defenses. Meticulous in his preparation. Has a passion for the game and really works at it. Smart, determined and focused. Is only 21 years old -- incredibly mature for his age and can see the big picture. Really works at his craft and showed gradual improvement every season. Football is extremely important to him. Highly respected, unselfish team leader.

WEAKNESSES Has a very lean, narrow frame with limited bulk and small hands. Does not drive the ball with velocity down the field and can be affected by cold and windy conditions (see Cincinnati). Can improve placement and touch on the deep ball. Adequate athlete. Is not an overly elusive scrambler -- struggles escaping the rush and buying a second chance with his feet vs. pressure. Passing stats are padded from operating a passing game that relies heavily on short, lateral tosses. Long-term durability could become a concern without continued strength and weight gains.

NFL COMPARISON Alex Smith

BOTTOM LINE A calculated, football-smart, precision-matchup rhythm passer, Bridgewater would be best suited entering a warm-weather or dome environment such as those most common in the South divisions. Would stand to benefit heavily from operating a short, dink-and-dunk rhythm passing game. Compensates for a lack of elite arm talent and prototype measureables with the intangibles and football intelligence that could elevate the other 52 players around him. Instinctive passer with the laser-beam determination to become a Pro Bowl-caliber passer in the right system.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014   #1650
TexansFTW
All Pro

Nawrocki is an idiot.

I like how he assigned TB small hands with no definitive proof. This chump isn't getting any inside scoops.

Once his hands are found to be adequately sized, we should dismiss every Nawrocki write-up. Both good and bad.

Oh yeah, and what he said about his handling pressure is a joke too. (See TB vs Pressure on that Roto writeup).

This guy also said Cam Newton would be a bust and get a GM fired. If Mayock didn't defend this guy openly I would entirely dismiss him (I think he defends everyone honestly).

This guy sounds more like ThunderKyss than an actual NFL scout.
Old 02-17-2014   #1651
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nawrocki is an idiot.

I like how he assigned TB small hands with no definitive proof. This chump isn't getting any inside scoops.
Nawrocki has never been one to be inclined to make things up. Clearly your bias will not allow you to hear anything you don't agree with.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014   #1652
TexansFTW
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Nawrocki has never been one to be inclined to make things up. Clearly your bias will not allow you to hear anything you don't agree with.
Where did he get definitive proof that Cam Newton would fail in the NFL and get his GM fired because 'he's caught up in the lime light'.

Answer me that one and I will give you the next asinine evaluation to answer with 'definitive proof'.

Here's Nawrocki if you want to know what a true idiot looks like. You might have unintentionally pictured this person in your mind.
Old 02-17-2014   #1653
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Where did he get definitive proof that Cam Newton would fail in the NFL and get his GM fired because 'he's caught up in the lime light'.

Answer me that one and I will give you the next asinine evaluation to answer with 'definitive proof'.

Here's Nawrocki if you want to know what a true idiot looks like. You might have unintentionally pictured this person in your mind.
I know exactly who Nawrocki is and apparently he has rubbed you the wrong way. Nawrocki was pretty much spot on with his evaluation of Newton's character. His leadership in Carolina has been questionable and while making the Pro Bowl players wanted little to do with Cam. Nawrocki did say Newton was talented but his talent would be comprised by his character.

Nawrocki is also considered one of the more respected evaluators in the business whether you agree or not.
Old 02-17-2014   #1654
jradMIT
Veteran

Rep Power: 7556 jradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nawrocki is an idiot.

Once his hands are found to be adequately sized, we should dismiss every Nawrocki write-up. Both good and bad.

Oh yeah, and what he said about his handling pressure is a joke too. (See TB vs Pressure on that Roto writeup).

This guy also said Cam Newton would be a bust and get a GM fired. If Mayock didn't defend this guy openly I would entirely dismiss him (I think he defends everyone honestly).

This guy sounds more like ThunderKyss than an actual NFL scout.
We will know Friday after the measurements, the scale and the tape could really help Bridgewater solidify himself.
jradMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014   #1655
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 28464 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We will know Friday after the measurements, the scale and the tape could really help Bridgewater solidify himself.
Man I cant wait. This is the second year I do this as a hobby, research and analyze the prospects for the Texans. Thanks to Texian and his controversial article on RG3, now I made this into a hobby. I know we dont all agree here and sometimes arguments can get heated but in the end we all want the same thing, that right guy that will take our team to the next level. Thanks to everyone for posting well written posts I know I have benefited from a lot of peoples posts regarding Bortles, Clowney, Bridgewater and Manziel. This weekend will be a fun weekend to watch the combine.
Old 02-17-2014   #1656
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm 5'9", 152 lbs. and wear Men's small golf glove(left) and my hand size(right) is 8.25" on the nose.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014   #1657
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

5'8, 170, wear large mens' football gloves. Last game played: 52-9 victory at Texas A&M spring intramurals. Recorded 2 interceptions and a receiving TD. Am I draftable guys?
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014   #1658
TexansFTW
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
I know exactly who Nawrocki is and apparently he has rubbed you the wrong way. Nawrocki was pretty much spot on with his evaluation of Newton's character. His leadership in Carolina has been questionable and while making the Pro Bowl players wanted little to do with Cam. Nawrocki did say Newton was talented but his talent would be comprised by his character.

Nawrocki is also considered one of the more respected evaluators in the business whether you agree or not.
Oh you mean this guy? Your golden boy, whom Deadspin wrote a mother F'ing article about saying exactly what I've been saying and just released that article 13 minutes ago so it's obvious I didn't just rip them off.

http://deadspin.com/why-is-the-nfl-g...ous-1524613372

Keep trying bro. You lose this round and so does Nawrocki. It feels good to be validated. Dude is a joke and if you listen to the poison he preaches as truth you will end up like that snake bit joker preacher that died because he thought he could withstand the venom.

I should get paid for probably inspiring this writer. He probably ripped me off, but has a connection so he gets the National Cred.

Next your gonna start linking articles to Skip Bayless and when I question his idiocy you will tell me it's because I'm biased. All good brah.
Old 02-17-2014   #1659
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Oh you mean this guy? Your golden boy, whom Deadspin wrote a mother F'ing article about saying exactly what I've been saying and just released that article 13 minutes ago so it's obvious I didn't just rip them off.

http://deadspin.com/why-is-the-nfl-g...ous-1524613372

Keep trying bro. You lose this round and so does Nawrocki. It feels good to be validated. Dude is a joke and if you listen to the poison he preaches as truth you will end up like that snake bit joker preacher that died because he thought he could withstand the venom.

I should get paid for probably inspiring this writer. He probably ripped me off, but has a connection so he gets the National Cred.

Next your gonna start linking articles to Skip Bayless and when I question his idiocy you will tell me it's because I'm biased. All good brah.
You are validating yourself with a Deadspin article by Tom Ley? Really?
Old 02-17-2014   #1660
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think any thread in this sub forum can go 5 pages without an argument about a scout or reporter coming up haha. We should have another sub forums dedicated to a fantasy draft of all the media scouts and reporters.
matts290 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read