Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2014   #1561
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame
 
steelbtexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Age: 52
Posts: 12,252
Rep Power: 88167 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Guy walks up to you in the desert with a gallon of water, do you tell him no because he wants $10? Even if he will sell you a $500 Kobe steak for the same $10, you take the water.
If you want to be stuck in mediocrity for the next decade.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014   #1562
infantrycak
Lead Moderator
 
infantrycak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 47
Posts: 47,692
Rep Power: 368131 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
If you want to be stuck in mediocrity for the next decade.
Completely nonsensical response. You aren't following the conversation you quoted from.
__________________
The Art of War
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014   #1563
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame
 
steelbtexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Age: 52
Posts: 12,252
Rep Power: 88167 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

I just don't think any of the top 3 QB's will amount to more than Cutler/Rivers/Romo.

Perpetual mediocrity.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014   #1564
infantrycak
Lead Moderator
 
infantrycak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 47
Posts: 47,692
Rep Power: 368131 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I just don't think any of the top 3 QB's will amount to more than Cutler/Rivers/Romo.

Perpetual mediocrity.
That's fine. My comment wasn't about any of these particular QBs.

I personally think you miss the mark including Rivers there but that's a different matter.
__________________
The Art of War
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014   #1565
LikeMike
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cologne, Germany
Posts: 1,159
Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I just don't think any of the top 3 QB's will amount to more than Cutler/Rivers/Romo.

Perpetual mediocrity.
That would still be the best QB the Texans ever had (at least vintage Cutler). I don`t know, if the pick were justified if we were only getting this type of player. But people are acting as if this type of player would be easy to get. It is not. Look at teams like the Texans, the Titans, the Jaguars, the Browns, the Cardinals, the Jets and several other teams. They have been trying to get this type of QB for years without any success. And they have been picking early in the draft for years...

It is not like we can wait till the second round to get a QB like that. If we could, it would be an upset just like Kaepernick was - and those are a lot fewer than early first rounders, that are successful.

I am not saying we have to take a QB at 1.1. Sure, if our drafting department doesnŽt think a QB is worth it, don`t take him. I am just saying this: hey we can get our QB of the future easily in round 2 or 3 or next season is dangerous. Because the odds of getting one later are a lot worse and the odds of us getting a number 1 pick again next season are pretty low as well...
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014   #1566
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 35,144
Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
That would still be the best QB the Texans ever had (at least vintage Cutler). I don`t know, if the pick were justified if we were only getting this type of player. But people are acting as if this type of player would be easy to get. It is not. Look at teams like the Texans, the Titans, the Jaguars, the Browns, the Cardinals, the Jets and several other teams. They have been trying to get this type of QB for years without any success. And they have been picking early in the draft for years...

It is not like we can wait till the second round to get a QB like that. If we could, it would be an upset just like Kaepernick was - and those are a lot fewer than early first rounders, that are successful.
I don't agree. I think, & I've been saying this all along, guys who will be there in the 2nd (especially at 2-1) are probably going to be as good as Cutler/Rivers/Romo. This draft is deep in QB. Don't have any Peyton Mannings, or Tom Bradies, or "Andrew Lucks" but a lot of Rivers & Ryans & maybe even a Flacco.

& in my mind "they" are saying Andrew Luck, the best QB prospect since Peyton, is a lock to be Cutler/Rivers/Romo with a chance to be Peyton/Brady/Brees... These guys in this draft, none of them are a lock to be Cutler/Rivers/Romo/Schaub...... they all have the ability, may even be more when it's all said & done.

Especially if I have a QB guru & the 2-1 pick, I'm taking the best player bar none with the 1-1 & a QB in the 2nd.
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014   #1567
LikeMike
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cologne, Germany
Posts: 1,159
Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't agree. I think, & I've been saying this all along, guys who will be there in the 2nd (especially at 2-1) are probably going to be as good as Cutler/Rivers/Romo. This draft is deep in QB. Don't have any Peyton Mannings, or Tom Bradies, or "Andrew Lucks" but a lot of Rivers & Ryans & maybe even a Flacco.

& in my mind "they" are saying Andrew Luck, the best QB prospect since Peyton, is a lock to be Cutler/Rivers/Romo with a chance to be Peyton/Brady/Brees... These guys in this draft, none of them are a lock to be Cutler/Rivers/Romo/Schaub...... they all have the ability, may even be more when it's all said & done.

Especially if I have a QB guru & the 2-1 pick, I'm taking the best player bar none with the 1-1 & a QB in the 2nd.
Well you probably know a lot more about these guys than I do, since I can`t watch many college football games here in Germany. I am basing my opinion solely on stuff I read on the internet and lessons from the past. I just want to point out, that getting a good QB in the 2nd or 3d round was the absolute exception in the past 15 years. As far as Rivers, Ryan and Flacco go, IŽd say only 4 fit the bill so far (Brady, Kaepernick, Wilson, Romo) if I am not forgetting somebody (which I probably am.

So even if this is the year with a 2nd or 3d round gem - the probablitiy that we are the one taking him opposed to any other team that takes them (and if this years class is as deep as you say I expect a rush at QBs in the 2nd and 3d) is rather slim.

I am taking the best QBA with 1.1 unless there is a big falloff in value. But if a QB is in my top 5 and the other ones aren`t clear cut better, I go with him.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-09-2014   #1568
infantrycak
Lead Moderator
 
infantrycak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 47
Posts: 47,692
Rep Power: 368131 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
That would still be the best QB the Texans ever had (at least vintage Cutler).
Which vintage is that? Cutler has never had a season with a QB rating in the 90s. Schaub had 5 straight seasons in the 90s in Houston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Well you probably know a lot more about these guys than I do, since I can`t watch many college football games here in Germany. I am basing my opinion solely on stuff I read on the internet and lessons from the past.
Just an FYI, thunderkyss is taking an extremely contrarian view this draft cycle. Not saying he is wrong, just unusual.
__________________
The Art of War
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014   #1569
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 35,144
Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
I am taking the best QBA with 1.1 unless there is a big falloff in value. But if a QB is in my top 5 and the other ones aren`t clear cut better, I go with him.
If there were a big drop off in value, I would expect you to take a QB at 1.1

If you have any of these QBs anywhere near a top 5 prospect, you should take one of them at 1.1

I don't believe there is that drop off.

I don't believe any of them are a top 5 prospect.
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014   #1570
HJam72
Hall of Fame
 
HJam72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Over here.
Age: 41
Posts: 11,526
Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If there were a big drop off in value, I would expect you to take a QB at 1.1

If you have any of these QBs anywhere near a top 5 prospect, you should take one of them at 1.1

I don't believe there is that drop off.

I don't believe any of them are a top 5 prospect.
So, you have 5 non-QB players that you believe will all have a larger positive impact on the average team than any QB available in this draft?

I hear Clowney all the time, of course. Who are your top 5 selections?
__________________

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014   #1571
TexansFTW
All Pro
 
TexansFTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 786
Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
So ... do you really have to be trained to answer questions like that ?? Aren't the facts and honest answers more important than trained answers ?

Hell , you can train a monkey .... with enough repetition.
Some say success is when the prepared man meets opportunity. The opportunity is at hand. Preparation is key.

I've practiced before every interview I've ever taken.

As for facts and honest answers, the only guys that truly say how they feel are guys like Richard Sherman. And if his team would have lost the Super Bowl he would have been a "cancer".

Media has killed the days of awesome sports personalities and honesty. Now you only get media trained athletes that spout out the same regurgitated garbage answers, "one game at a time" "only control what I can control", etc.

As far as QBs being available in later rounds... Don't we hear that every year? Just last year I remember that we can get Tyler Bray late and he'd have equivalent success of some of the earlier drafted QBs.

There is NEVER a deep draft for QBs and 99% of the time, those late round guys don't work out. But who am I? Let's go find us a Tom Brady.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014   #1572
infantrycak
Lead Moderator
 
infantrycak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 47
Posts: 47,692
Rep Power: 368131 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
So, you have 5 non-QB players that you believe will all have a larger positive impact on the average team than any QB available in this draft?

I hear Clowney all the time, of course. Who are your top 5 selections?
Nailed the $64k question.
__________________
The Art of War
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014   #1573
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 35,144
Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
So, you have 5 non-QB players that you believe will all have a larger positive impact on the average team than any QB available in this draft?

I hear Clowney all the time, of course. Who are your top 5 selections?
Like someone else said..... I think it was Corrosion, even an QB graded at 87 will have more positive impact than a 95 defensive rated player. But those 87 QBs aren't top 5 prospects when they're more abundant than 95 graded defensive players.

Ryan Tannehill, Branden Weeden... high 80s right? 85, 87 type QBs?

Then you've got Dontari Poe sitting there with a 95 grade. You're taking Tannehill?

Why not take Poe, then Russell Wilson, Nick Foles, Kirk Cousins?

I know Miami has a "pretty good" defensive line, didn't really "need" a 3 tech & were starving for a QB.....
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014   #1574
infantrycak
Lead Moderator
 
infantrycak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 47
Posts: 47,692
Rep Power: 368131 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Like someone else said..... I think it was Corrosion, even an QB graded at 87 will have more positive impact than a 95 defensive rated player. But those 87 QBs aren't top 5 prospects when they're more abundant than 95 graded defensive players.

Ryan Tannehill, Branden Weeden... high 80s right? 85, 87 type QBs?

Then you've got Dontari Poe sitting there with a 95 grade. You're taking Tannehill?

Why not take Poe, then Russell Wilson, Nick Foles, Kirk Cousins?

I know Miami has a "pretty good" defensive line, didn't really "need" a 3 tech & were starving for a QB.....
Answer the question. Who are the 5 non-QBs who are better than every QB prospect in this draft?
__________________
The Art of War
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014   #1575
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 35,144
Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Answer the question. Who are the 5 non-QBs who are better than every QB prospect in this draft?
The answer is that it don't work that way. There are more 85-90 QB prospects than there are 95 defensive prospects. Or Offensive for that matter.

But... just from what I've seen, I'll take Clowney & Watkins over any QB in this draft hands down. Give me the #1 & #2 pick, I'm taking them both.

I like Greg Robinson as well. I'll take him, maybe Lewan. Mike Evans... maybe because I watch too much A&M. That's 5 right there. Those guys are much better at their positions than the top 3 QBs are at theirs.

Watkins
Clowney
Robinson
Lewan
Evans

I'll take any of those 5 in the first & Aj McCarron in the second. I might even trade up in the first to get McCarron, just to improve his chances of succeeding.
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014   #1576
Trap_Star
SiteContributor
 
Trap_Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: xvideo
Age: 29
Posts: 4,749
Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
The answer is that it don't work that way. There are more 85-90 QB prospects than there are 95 defensive prospects. Or Offensive for that matter.

But... just from what I've seen, I'll take Clowney & Watkins over any QB in this draft hands down. Give me the #1 & #2 pick, I'm taking them both.

I like Greg Robinson as well. I'll take him, maybe Lewan. Mike Evans... maybe because I watch too much A&M. That's 5 right there. Those guys are much better at their positions than the top 3 QBs are at theirs.

Watkins
Clowney
Robinson
Lewan
Evans

I'll take any of those 5 in the first & Aj McCarron in the second. I might even trade up in the first to get McCarron, just to improve his chances of succeeding.


you could of kept trolling us with better names than that.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014   #1577
infantrycak
Lead Moderator
 
infantrycak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 47
Posts: 47,692
Rep Power: 368131 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
The answer is that it don't work that way. There are more 85-90 QB prospects than there are 95 defensive prospects. Or Offensive for that matter.

But... just from what I've seen, I'll take Clowney & Watkins over any QB in this draft hands down. Give me the #1 & #2 pick, I'm taking them both.

I like Greg Robinson as well. I'll take him, maybe Lewan. Mike Evans... maybe because I watch too much A&M. That's 5 right there. Those guys are much better at their positions than the top 3 QBs are at theirs.

Watkins
Clowney
Robinson
Lewan
Evans

I'll take any of those 5 in the first & Aj McCarron in the second. I might even trade up in the first to get McCarron, just to improve his chances of succeeding.
Stop with the McCarron sidetrack.

So all of those 5 will be a bigger benefit to a team than any QB in this draft? - i.e., the question HJam asked you - that's your opinion?
__________________
The Art of War
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014   #1578
matts290
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 265
Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
The answer is that it don't work that way. There are more 85-90 QB prospects than there are 95 defensive prospects. Or Offensive for that matter.

But... just from what I've seen, I'll take Clowney & Watkins over any QB in this draft hands down. Give me the #1 & #2 pick, I'm taking them both.

I like Greg Robinson as well. I'll take him, maybe Lewan. Mike Evans... maybe because I watch too much A&M. That's 5 right there. Those guys are much better at their positions than the top 3 QBs are at theirs.

Watkins
Clowney
Robinson
Lewan
Evans

I'll take any of those 5 in the first & Aj McCarron in the second. I might even trade up in the first to get McCarron, just to improve his chances of succeeding.
Weird, the 5 prospects I think most would answer with would be

1. Clowney
2. Wakins
3. Barr
4. Mack
5. One of Robinson, Matthews, or Mosley
matts290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014   #1579
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 35,144
Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Stop with the McCarron sidetrack.
Stop telling people what to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
So all of those 5 will be a bigger benefit to a team than any QB in this draft? - i.e., the question HJam asked you - that's your opinion?
I said one thing, "none of these QBs are top 5 prospects"

He said something, "which player is going to have more impact."

I explained, "Don't put words in my mouth"

Since you're getting in the middle of all of this, Don't try to box me in a corner. I explained exactly what I meant.

Each one of those 5 players will have more impact at their position than any of these three QBs will have over several others in this draft.

Julius Peppers didn't positively affect his team as much as Carr did, but Peppers was better than any DE drafted that year while Carr was about the same (effectively) as the other 91ish QB drafted in the top 5.
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014   #1580
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame
 
steelbtexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Age: 52
Posts: 12,252
Rep Power: 88167 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Some say success is when the prepared man meets opportunity. The opportunity is at hand. Preparation is key.

I've practiced before every interview I've ever taken.

As for facts and honest answers, the only guys that truly say how they feel are guys like Richard Sherman. And if his team would have lost the Super Bowl he would have been a "cancer".

Media has killed the days of awesome sports personalities and honesty. Now you only get media trained athletes that spout out the same regurgitated garbage answers, "one game at a time" "only control what I can control", etc.

As far as QBs being available in later rounds... Don't we hear that every year? Just last year I remember that we can get Tyler Bray late and he'd have equivalent success of some of the earlier drafted QBs.

There is NEVER a deep draft for QBs and 99% of the time, those late round guys don't work out. But who am I? Let's go find us a Tom Brady.
Curious, what did you practice before every interview?

BTW, did you know that there was talk of Bray having beaten out Daniels for the backup QB spot? I'm still very high on Bray, especially under Reid's tutelage.

Count me in on getting the next Brady in the 6th rd. I still like my guy Brett Smith as much as any QB in this draft and have done so for some time. He wont start yr 1 but he's going to be a good one with Reid type coaching.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger