Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-01-2014   #1421
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
Hey guys, first time long time, for such a long thread I've yet to see the topic of Teddy's weight be talked about...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I think it was discussed a lot in this thread...
Yes, you you can the "search this thread" function upper right that returns ~90 posts on weight.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014   #1422
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
Hey guys, first time long time, for such a long thread I've yet to see the topic of Teddy's weight be talked about. You guys think there will be an issue?

discuss. Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.
Everything that could be discussed, has been discussed.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014   #1423
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Help me break down this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQKN-F6fk6I

I'm not seeing a QB that I would be thrilled about taking with the #1 overall pick.
Old 02-01-2014   #1424
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

I'm not seeing a QB that I would be thrilled about taking with the #1 overall pick.
I'll watch the whole thing and post my thoughts. First couple of plays one thing I noticed is bridgewater completing passes with u of h db's all over his receivers. Ill see if limited separation is a trend throughout the whole game.

But so far he's decisive, stands tall, steps up into lanes in the pocket and showed good mobility running for a first.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014   #1425
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Series #1 is flawless.

#2 - incomplete pass due to WR falling down. Good throw. Eats a sack on an overload blitz to his left. No chance. You can blame him for not changing the protection but nobody on his line blocked anyway so it's a wash. Dropped pass on 2nd & 18 on next play. Nobody open on 3rd down so he hits his underneath guy and settles for a FG.

#3 - WR in motion doesn't chip the blitzer on play action. QB has no chance.

#4 - Under pressure makes a stupid throw into coverage. Should have thrown it away. Telegraphs a throw into the flat and has it batted down. 3rd & 15 buys time for six seconds but nobody gets open. Hits WR on the sideline short of first down.

#5 - Awesome placement on a checkdown throw to his back. Dropped pass on next play. Buys time on both of the next two plays but has to throw it away both times because nobody can get open.

#6 - 3rd & 3 he drops a perfect pass in over the top between a CB and S. Not a terribly difficult throw. His guy had at least three steps on his defender.

#7 - good throw on a corner route. Put it high but away from defenders. Nobody gets open on 3rd & 9 and he forces a bad ball over the middle. Lucky it wasn't picked. Survives for a FG.

#8 - Quick read and release beats a blitz on first play. Wild throw on a bubble on the next play. Dropped pass on first pass of 4th quarter. On 3rd down beats pressure by hitting a crosser for a first down. 3rd & 7 he overthrows his guy high but keeps it away from defenders.

#9 - Eats a sack on 3rd & 4. Stepped up but couldn't get the ball out.
-----
When I scout guys I want to see them at their absolute best and at their absolute worst. Their flaws are just as important to me as their strengths. This was Bridgewater's worst game of the season, and I still come away seeing only two bad throws plus two more bad decisions. One should have been picked. If that's the worst game he has put on tape then I feel safe saying he has a pretty high floor. If you want to see his ceiling look at the tape from the Miami game.

In this game I see an ultra conservative gameplan and WRs who can't get open the whole game save for two or three plays. His guys do get him some YAC when they actually catch the ball. Houston did do a great job covering WRs off the line and disguising pressure.

Bridgewater honestly looked like a guy who knew where to go with the ball on nearly every single play, but his guys couldn't get open so he was forced to check down far too frequently. He got greedy and tried to force two balls, one which was dangerous and should have been picked.

If you want to compare the top three, then compare this to what Manziel did against LSU and Bortles did against Memphis this year.

Bridgewater may not quite show the ceiling of Manziel, but there is no doubt his floor is significantly higher.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014   #1426
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Looking at his stats for this game: 19-29, 203 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTs... It was
probably one of his worst games. After just watching the first half again (not my first time watching this), his WR's had two drops and slipped on another incompletion.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014   #1427
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Series #1 is flawless.

#2 - incomplete pass due to WR falling down. Good throw. Eats a sack on an overload blitz to his left. No chance. You can blame him for not changing the protection but nobody on his line blocked anyway so it's a wash. Dropped pass on 2nd & 18 on next play. Nobody open on 3rd down so he hits his underneath guy and settles for a FG.

#3 - WR in motion doesn't chip the blitzer on play action. QB has no chance.

#4 - Under pressure makes a stupid throw into coverage. Should have thrown it away. Telegraphs a throw into the flat and has it batted down. 3rd & 15 buys time for six seconds but nobody gets open. Hits WR on the sideline short of first down.

#5 - Awesome placement on a checkdown throw to his back. Dropped pass on next play. Buys time on both of the next two plays but has to throw it away both times because nobody can get open.

#6 - 3rd & 3 he drops a perfect pass in over the top between a CB and S. Not a terribly difficult throw. His guy had at least three steps on his defender.

#7 - good throw on a corner route. Put it high but away from defenders. Nobody gets open on 3rd & 9 and he forces a bad ball over the middle. Lucky it wasn't picked. Survives for a FG.

#8 - Quick read and release beats a blitz on first play. Wild throw on a bubble on the next play. Dropped pass on first pass of 4th quarter. On 3rd down beats pressure by hitting a crosser for a first down. 3rd & 7 he overthrows his guy high but keeps it away from defenders.

#9 - Eats a sack on 3rd & 4. Stepped up but couldn't get the ball out.
-----
When I scout guys I want to see them at their absolute best and at their absolute worst. Their flaws are just as important to me as their strengths. This was Bridgewater's worst game of the season, and I still come away seeing only two bad throws plus two more bad decisions. One should have been picked. If that's the worst game he has put on tape then I feel safe saying he has a pretty high floor. If you want to see his ceiling look at the tape from the Miami game.

In this game I see an ultra conservative gameplan and WRs who can't get open the whole game save for two or three plays. His guys do get him some YAC when they actually catch the ball. Houston did do a great job covering WRs off the line and disguising pressure.

Bridgewater honestly looked like a guy who knew where to go with the ball on nearly every single play, but his guys couldn't get open so he was forced to check down far too frequently. He got greedy and tried to force two balls, one which was dangerous and should have been picked.

If you want to compare the top three, then compare this to what Manziel did against LSU and Bortles did against Memphis this year.

Bridgewater may not quite show the ceiling of Manziel, but there is no doubt his floor is significantly higher.
Great analyst and nice breakdown of each series. MSR.
Sponsored links
Old 02-01-2014   #1428
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Notabe plays, good and bad:

:44- Really nice bootleg rollout and I like the way he fully extends his arm on the fake, doesn't really turn on the jets but gets enough for the first down. Terrible slide though.

:58- Another gray playaction fake, again he does a good job selling the run and extending his arm and then quickly pulls the ball back in, whips around and plants his foot.

2:05- Senses the pressure up the middle but does a poor job escaping the pocket and runs right towards the weak side defender, with his athleticism he should have able to may a better play.

3:12- Just a bad throw all around here, he releases it awkwardly and doesn't step up into the throw.

3:39- Makes a nice move to escape the pressure and runs towards the sideline while keeping his eyes down the field the whole time, didn't turn into a big play but still a good thing to see on tape.

4:28- He gets away from the rusher but oddly doesn't run towards the first down marker even though he had tons of green grass in front of him. Mental error because he was plenty capable of running for the first down there.

4:55- Nice accurate pass, not perfect...he could have put more oomph on it and led Parker towards the end zone more. Teddy definitely needs to work on his deep ball as we all know though, and this play is a perfect example...he often puts too much touch on a deep pass instead of rifling it down field.

5:33- Textbook. Perfect execution of his drop, sets his feet and releases quickly, throws a perfect 20 yard out route right on money.

All in all it wasn't a super impressive game from Teddy, but it was also probably his least impressive performance of the entire season...so cherry picking it and saying you are not thrilled doesn't mean much. I have watched this cut up several times, and he just seemed uneasy with the pressure UH was getting on him from the get go...obviously not an excuse but a QB will have games where they can't get settled, it happens to the best of them. Still, seeing this as Teddy's worst game of the year is actually good when you watch other prospects "lows" from 2013: Manziel vs LSU, Bortles only completing 47% for 160 yards against Memphis! Or your ol' boy AJ against OK in the bowl game.
matts290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014   #1429
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

That film gets me excited. That was like an nfl play off game as far as how his receivers were covered, the pressure, the ups and downs. I think bridgewater to us would be a perfect match and I believe he'd be a great qb for us.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014   #1430
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Looking at his stats for this game: 19-29, 203 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTs... It was
probably one of his worst games. After just watching the first half again (not my first time watching this), his WR's had two drops and slipped on another incompletion.
Just noticed another drop early in the 4th. Two of his other incompletions were throw aways late in the first half. So with his 10 incompletions you had 4-5 drops from his WR's and two balls that he simply threw away late in the half while he was trying to conserve clock. If you take those away you're looking at a 19-23 performance. And yes, this was one of his worst games this year.
Old 02-01-2014   #1431
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think you're using reverse psychology on folks and your letting them praise Teddy for you .
Old 02-01-2014   #1432
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Wht in that video didn't you like?
Old 02-01-2014   #1433
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't we get just one GIF to dissect for 3 pages?
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014   #1434
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Can't we get just one GIF to dissect for 3 pages?

Last edited by infantrycak; 02-02-2014 at 12:15 AM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014   #1435
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks playoffs.

WTH is he doing?
Old 02-01-2014   #1436
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
WTF????
Old 02-01-2014   #1437
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
He has a weird hitch in the fist circles, and why is he wearing gloves while doing this...
matts290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014   #1438
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

He is doing the Cincinnati bearcats cheer apparently in the keg of nails game. Dude has some personality at least. Thanks google.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2013/...-bearcats-fans
Old 02-02-2014   #1439
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
WTF????
He's signaling Clowney to roll his ass on up and put his big head in the #2 spot on the podium.

You can't see Clowney because there are 5 RBs running a revolving chip drill on him.

Old 02-02-2014   #1440
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't get the knock on his arm strength. I've seen Teddy throw 58-60 yards through the air, compared to Schaub who's range was 53-55y and good enough to make multiple Pro Bowls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
"What Bridgewater lacks is weight, top-notch arm strength, and deep accuracy. I’m confident that he can improve each of these weaknesses to some degree. Even if he doesn’t, his integration of his athleticism, touch, accuracy, and manipulation of defenses within 35 yards of the line of scrimmage should be enough to make him a quality game-day manager who can help a team win... "

From comments on this MB you could supplant Bridgewater with Schaub or McCarron.
I would take 10 years of 2009-2011 Schaub in a heart beat and wouldn't think twice about the pick.

Besides, it's fate. Just look at young Bridgewater with his Nostradamus hat on.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read