Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-29-2014   #1381
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83307 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Yep whatever Saint Tony says has to be true.

(Sarcasm/////)
Considering he spent the better part of a decade coaching the guy & he was once a HC himself ....yeah, i think his opinion is much more credible than fans on a messageboard.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014   #1382
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Considering he spent the better part of a decade coaching the guy & he was once a HC himself ....yeah, i think his opinion is much more credible than fans on a messageboard.
Tell me about all of the winning Tony did.

He rode Manning's coattails, and 1 SB tells me that he didn't even do that good of job doing that.

I know I set the bar high. But if you have a GOAT QB you should have more than 1 SB in a decades worth of work.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014   #1383
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He rode Manning's coattails, and 1 SB tells me that he didn't even do that good of job doing that.

I know I set the bar high. But if you have a GOAT QB you should have more than 1 SB in a decades worth of work.
So is it sarcastic "Saint Bill" too? You know, the guy who is a sub-.500 coach without GOAT Brady.

How about "Saint Seifert" who sucked even worse without Montana/Young?

Dungy non-Manning: .563
Belichick non-Brady: .484
Seifert non-Montana/Young: .333
Old 01-29-2014   #1384
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
So is it sarcastic "Saint Bill" too? You know, the guy who is a sub-.500 coach without GOAT Brady.

It looks like you're making his point for him. WITH those QBs, they produced better than Dungy.

I think Dungy is fine as a HC.
Old 01-29-2014   #1385
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
It looks like you're making his point for him. WITH those QBs, they produced better than Dungy.
Well I took his post as twofold - Dungy did nothing without Manning and underachieved with Manning. On the former it is simply wrong. On the latter, I think myopic is a kind description of that position.
Old 01-29-2014   #1386
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
It doesn't really matter, we're just talking about opinions, no big deal. I think Manning would be a great coach, Dungy doesn't.

Dungy probably thought Herm Edwards would make a great head coach...... I don't see what would have made him think that.

No biggie.
Old 01-29-2014   #1387
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83307 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Umm, no....the hiring of Dungy pretty much made TB relevant again as they went to the playoffs regularly & his hands were all over that 2005 TB defense that Gruden eventually rode to a SB. Jim Caldwell pretty much owes his whole existence to Dungy and has him to thank for his only Sb appearance as a HC b/c that was a team put together by him.

All told that's 3 SB appearances he had a huge hand in and an untold number of playoff appearances...

stop it please..
Sponsored links
Old 01-29-2014   #1388
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Umm, no....the hiring of Dungy pretty much made TB relevant again as they went to the playoffs regularly & his hands were all over that 2005 TB defense that Gruden eventually rode to a SB. Jim Caldwell pretty much owes his whole existence to Dungy and has him to thank for his only Sb appearance as a HC b/c that was a team put together by him.

All told that's 3 SB appearances he had a huge hand in and an untold number of playoff appearances...

stop it please..
Old 01-29-2014   #1389
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Umm, no....the hiring of Dungy pretty much made TB relevant again..
Uh..... TB was not relevant before Dungy. No need for the "again"
Old 01-29-2014   #1390
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 146679 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Uh..... TB was not relevant before Dungy. No need for the "again"
They wre in the NFC championship game in the Doug Williams , Hugh Green era .
Old 01-29-2014   #1391
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 249737 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

In depth analysis for the geeks, with film to back it up...

Futures: Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
On the basis of physical skills alone, Teddy Bridgewater may possess the least upside of the top quarterbacks entering the 2014 NFL Draft. Yet, on the basis of how a quarterback integrates his skills on the field, the Louisville passer is the best in his class.

The choice of quarterback does more to shape an NFL team than any position on the field. If the coaching staff that inherits Bridgewater designs its offense to match what the quarterback does best, Bridgewater has the skills to be the most productive rookie of this crop with as much upside as any of his peers.

As with all quarterbacks, what’s most prominent with Bridgewater’s game is his footwork. Derek Carr’s movement reveals initiative and impulsivity; Blake Bortles’ indicates decisiveness that can cross the border of unmindful; and Johnny Manziel’s feet reveal a dynamic player who can lean too much on an improvisational mindset.

The three words I use to describe Bridgewater’s mentality as seen through his footwork are "fluid," "relaxed," and "confident." Bridgewater shares the confidence and decisiveness of Bortles, but the dynamic imagination of Manziel with a better governor over his limitations.

What Bridgewater lacks is weight, top-notch arm strength, and deep accuracy. I’m confident that he can improve each of these weaknesses to some degree. Even if he doesn’t, his integration of his athleticism, touch, accuracy, and manipulation of defenses within 35 yards of the line of scrimmage should be enough to make him a quality game-day manager who can help a team win...
Read more/view videos: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/fut...dy-bridgewater
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014   #1392
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

Futures: Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater

Read more/view videos: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/fut...dy-bridgewater
"On the basis of physical skills alone, Teddy Bridgewater may possess the least upside of the top quarterbacks entering the 2014 NFL Draft. "

I just don't understand that statement at all. He's much more athletic than scouts give him credit for.
Old 01-29-2014   #1393
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"On the basis of physical skills alone, Teddy Bridgewater may possess the least upside of the top quarterbacks entering the 2014 NFL Draft. "

I just don't understand that statement at all. He's much more athletic than scouts give him credit for.
Hyperbole, just trying to make a point about how everything else that he does makes up for his "lack of talent".
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014   #1394
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

Looking forward to bridgewater as a texan. It will be glorious.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014   #1395
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Quote:
Even if he doesn’t, his integration of his athleticism, touch, accuracy, and manipulation of defenses within 35 yards of the line of scrimmage should be enough to make him a quality game-day manager who can help a team win...

I'm salivating with anticipation.
Old 01-29-2014   #1396
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kaepernick, Wilson, & Luck are doing good right now, but I believe they are on borrowed time. IMO, they need to get better in the pocket quickly.... I doubt they can do it a third year in a row without suffering some sidelining injury.
100% agree. I'm not a fan of the run first QB (Cam, Wilson, Kaep, RG3).

I like the buy time in the Pocket guy and resort to running last (TB).

Quote:
At 6'2" 225 lbs I would feel fairly confident that Rodgers would be able to take the beating an NFL QB will take.
He didn't this year, which goes to show... things happen in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
KingTexan still impresses with his horrible posts. Keep it up!
lol, child posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
~Leadership by jumping up and down, screaming and hollering. Just what any professional organization needs.~
You're kidding right? You don't want this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50htlfkMw_c
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014   #1397
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post

You've got to admit that Bill HCing the Browns that were leaving Cleveland and Seifert the Panthers may have been a little different circumstances than Dungy's experience in Tampa Bay.

Look, I get that you like Dungy. (A lot of people do) I think that he's a phony.

If Manning is GOAT you would think that with a great HC he would have more than 1 ring. Since you are great at looking up numbers, lets take a look at Belichick/Brady regular season record and post season record vs Saint Tony/Manning?
Old 01-29-2014   #1398
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 32693 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
100% agree. I'm not a fan of the run first QB (Cam, Wilson, Kaep, RG3).

I like the buy time in the Pocket guy and resort to running last (TB).

He didn't this year, which goes to show... things happen in the NFL

lol, child posts.

You're kidding right? You don't want this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50htlfkMw_c
~sarcasm~ I know it's not catching on, but I still hope it does.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014   #1399
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 13424 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the most damning-with-praise thing that can be said about Dungy was that he won a Superbowl with Peyton as his QB against the Rex Grossman-led Bears.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014   #1400
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

stop it please..
So Peyton made it to as many SB's with Caldwell as with Dungy?

Let the record show that even after having a GOAT QB Dungy only participated in 1 SB. That people would think Dungy is all that dumbfounds me.

I mean why doesn't John Harbaugh get as much love as Dungy? They accomplished about the same things. Only Harbaugh has Flacco and Dungy had a GOAT.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read