Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-28-2014   #1361
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I believe Dungy said he would make a lousy coach.

No Archie runs the Manning Academy with all three sons on the staff. Dealing with kids (yes, until they get their first job they are kids) in a non-competitive environment is nothing like game day. He has never been known as cozy with his teammates. I'm very skeptical he can tone it down enough on game day.
yep to the bolded...teaching to kids who idolize you is not the same as coaching grown men set in their ways.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #1362
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think Peyton Manning is going to make a great tv analyst.
Fixed for what I think will actually happen.
Old 01-28-2014   #1363
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64147 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Bingo ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #1364
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 139289 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Bingo ...
You still didn't answer my question, though. Could you point out Wilson, Tannehill, and Brees' records to me? All were IMG trainees. If I recall correctly, one is a Superbowl champ, one missed the playoff by inches, and the other is about to play in the Bowl. How unsuccessful. Weinke's coached up some real idiots, I'll tell you that.

Oh, and never mind that Cam Newton guy who went to the playoffs this year.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #1365
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64147 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
You still didn't answer my question
Didn't deserve an answer ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #1366
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 16278 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

KingTexan still impresses with his horrible posts. Keep it up!
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #1367
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123792 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think Peyton Manning is going to make a great coach.
I thought the same about Jim Kelly.
Old 01-28-2014   #1368
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
KingTexan still impresses with his horrible posts. Keep it up!
Hes the king of trolls
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #1369
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
He has never been known as cozy with his teammates. I'm very skeptical he can tone it down enough on game day.
I know your not among that group, but weren't a bunch of us clamoring for the Chin? I doubt it was his cozy demeanor with teammates that made them think he'll succeed.

Anywho... that's my opinion, I know yours.
Old 01-28-2014   #1370
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
yep to the bolded...teaching to kids who idolize you is not the same as coaching grown men set in their ways.
He runs whatever offense he is on. He coaches every position on offense right now. He's all about making his teammates better & far as I can tell, they're good with it.
Old 01-28-2014   #1371
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I can see that, but he's one of the more competitive people I've seen in a long time. I doubt he'll be ready to step that far away from the game.
Old 01-28-2014   #1372
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 139289 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Didn't deserve an answer ...
"I can't answer, better be dismissive"
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #1373
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 95414 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We need to get away from that guy. We've got too many people on the field leading by example. & we've never had a QB that f'kn led.

We don't need any more mousy field generals.
~Leadership by jumping up and down, screaming and hollering. Just what any professional organization needs.~
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #1374
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 95414 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
Isn't that just what king Texan did? Run in blasting his mouth about something on which he knows little (i.e. claim something dumb). He's misconceived because he's biased and uneducated.
~I'm pretty sure that would be MRconceived.~
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #1375
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 159792 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
~Leadership by jumping up and down, screaming and hollering. Just what any professional organization needs.~
Vocal folks like Manning and Brady? What were we thinking...
Old 01-28-2014   #1376
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125942 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep whatever Saint Tony says has to be true.

(Sarcasm/////)
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #1377
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
~Nobody said anything about jumping up & down, screaming & hollering~

Watch Peyton Manning (yeah, sometimes he's caught screaming & hollering) after a screwed up play you'll often see him saying, "That was me." or "You've got to do better than that." In a leader type way, not a "WTF" kind of way.

You'll see him on the sideline coaching his receivers, telling him what he's looking for, why he doesn't think such & such is working, or how well such & such is working.

Brady does the same thing.

Enough arrogance that "everybody" knows it's his team. Brady oversteps his bounds from time to time, we saw OB put him back in line. We saw Peyton step out of line once, Saturday straightened him out.

With Schaub, it was always, "I'm going to do my job, I lead by example."
Old 01-29-2014   #1378
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 28464 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

"So what do you think about your thread Mr. Bridgewater?"
revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014   #1379
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Yep whatever Saint Tony says has to be true.

(Sarcasm/////)
Considering he spent the better part of a decade coaching the guy & he was once a HC himself ....yeah, i think his opinion is much more credible than fans on a messageboard.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014   #1380
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125942 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Considering he spent the better part of a decade coaching the guy & he was once a HC himself ....yeah, i think his opinion is much more credible than fans on a messageboard.
Tell me about all of the winning Tony did.

He rode Manning's coattails, and 1 SB tells me that he didn't even do that good of job doing that.

I know I set the bar high. But if you have a GOAT QB you should have more than 1 SB in a decades worth of work.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read