Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-25-2014   #1281
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Well you better get used to it. It's the way things are now. The rules are already there to protect the QB outside the pocket. I want a guy capable of making plays outside when things breakdown but smart enough to use the rules in his favor.
The only rule protecting the QB outside the pocket is the sliding rule. That's been in place for years. They're calling the hitting the player out of bounds thing rather liberally for QBs, but other than that, nothing special.

Injuries to Michael Vick & RG3 says we're pretty much in the same spot we've always been. Kaepernick, Wilson, & Luck are doing good right now, but I believe they are on borrowed time. IMO, they need to get better in the pocket quickly.... I doubt they can do it a third year in a row without suffering some sidelining injury.

Luck maybe not so much, because he doesn't run as often as the others, but he does run more than say a Tony Romo.
Old 01-25-2014   #1282
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
What's Luck's 40?

Irrelevant? Yes.
4.6 same as Cam Newton, both are relevant and WHY both run WELL.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014   #1283
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Luck maybe not so much, because he doesn't run as often as the others, but he does run more than say an Aaron Rodgers, or even Tony Romo.
Rodgers and Luck run with just about the exact same frequency. Romo hardly ever takes off passed the LOS, he does move around behind it a lot though. If you go off how much all three ran in college, I think it safe to say Teddy will average about the same amount of rushing attempts as Rodgers and Luck do in the NFL. He will probably have a similar 40 time of both of these guys as well. Luck is significantly bigger than Teddy and Rodgers though, which makes his 4.6 time pretty impressive.
matts290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014   #1284
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
4.6 same as Cam Newton, both are relevant and WHY both run WELL.
They're both 6'4" 240 lbs or more.
Old 01-25-2014   #1285
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Rodgers is 6'2 225 right now. I suppose because of that height and weight he's automatically not elite.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014   #1286
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The only rule protecting the QB outside the pocket is the sliding rule. That's been in place for years. They're calling the hitting the player out of bounds thing rather liberally for QBs, but other than .

Once you are outside the tackle you can throw the ball away. It just has to be beyond the LOS. It doesn't matter if it's in the stands.
Old 01-25-2014   #1287
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

40 times are used to measure quick twitch and explosion moreso than just speed. In regards to bridgewater, he'll probably run 4.6 ish like rodgers,luck,cam, and those types. Its not like he will be running thatg option stuff,its moreso he can get away from a de closing from a standstill. 3 cone,short shuttle measures quickness which is just as good as stgraight line speed. Boldin ran a 4.7, but he had the quickest shuttle and 3 cone. That's why why he got open a lot.
Old 01-25-2014   #1288
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 87983 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Manziel runs a 4.45 which is important for his escape ability. If he's slower than anticipated, he might not be as effective in the pros. He doesn't have it all, but neither do the big backs.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014   #1289
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Manziel runs a 4.45 which is important for his escape ability. If he's slower than anticipated, he might not be as effective in the pros. He doesn't have it all, but neither do the big backs.
4.45? Drinking the koolaid today?
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014   #1290
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 87983 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
4.45? Drinking the koolaid today?
Nope. I'm going with the hard stuff. Grape juice.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/col...he-heisman.ece
Old 01-25-2014   #1291
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Nope. I'm going with the hard stuff. Grape juice.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/col...he-heisman.ece
IOTW you got nothing and embellished on an untested hope by a player:

Quote:
On his 40-yard dash time:
I’m not sure. I have not run a 40 probably in a year and a half or so. But I think I could run around a… I couldn’t run anything like what [Ryan] Swope ran [at the NFL Combine], but I would hope around a 4.5. Somewhere in there would be nice.
Old 01-25-2014   #1292
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Jake L ‏@Jake_TSV 36m

For those who were telling me Teddy Bridgewater is super polished earlier today, check out his game against UH http://youtu.be/IQKN-F6fk6I
View media

Everyone has off games, but Teddy showed poor accuracy beyond 20 yards, fell away from his throw a la Bortles, and threw into coverage.

Jake L ‏@Jake_TSV 32m

I bring that up not to crap on Bridgewater (I actually like him a lot), but rather to dispel twitter group think. He is not a sure thing.
Old 01-25-2014   #1293
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I bring that up not to crap on Bridgewater (I actually like him a lot), but rather to dispel twitter group think. He is not a sure thing.
I think the vast majority of us here on TT would agree with the bold.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014   #1294
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I think that could be said about all three QB's.
Old 01-25-2014   #1295
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 123205 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I think that could be said about all three QB's.
And perhaps everyone in this draft class except for Mosley
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014   #1296
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
IOTW you got nothing and embellished on an untested hope by a player:
I used what I remembered, I was .05 off, but followed it with:
If he's slower than anticipated, he might not be as effective in the pros. He doesn't have it all, but neither do the big backs.
So what's your problem? Is this not true? Or do you just not want to hear anything remotely positive about Manziel?

Remember, I want to trade down. I'm not a fan of any of the QBs.
Old 01-25-2014   #1297
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Rodgers is 6'2 225 right now. I suppose because of that height and weight he's automatically not elite.
I think you're overestimating the importance of weight. While it is important when projecting a players future success & longevity it is not the sole determination.

At 6'2" 225 lbs I would feel fairly confident that Rodgers would be able to take the beating an NFL QB will take. His height is of some concern, he will have difficulty finding passing lanes, or just being able to see routes develop closer to the LOS... however, in hindsight we know he is capable of performing well, very well in the pocket.
Old 01-25-2014   #1298
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Debatable. This thread alone a vast majority think TB is the Man, a Franchise QB, hands down, no questions asked. The consensus Group Think.
Old 01-25-2014   #1299
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Debatable. This thread alone a vast majority think TB is the Man, a Franchise QB, hands down, no questions asked. The consensus Group Think.
Absolutely no flaws worth considering.
Old 01-25-2014   #1300
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nope ... most know there is no perfect pick and the trick is to find a guy with the least fatal flaw . That guy doesn't have to be the 1st overall pick but if he is , he better be good .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read