Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-21-2014   #1161
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 13608 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
That was his big board, not a mock.
Alright...
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #1162
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
Brett from BRB talking about Teddy. This guy knows his stuff, obviously.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/01/...otball-savant/
Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Just bear in mind he had Matt Barkley at #7 and Geno Smith at #12 overall pre-combine last year. Link

Quote:
7. Matt Barkley, USC - Barkley might not be physically gifted like Cam Newton or Robert Griffin III, but his football IQ, pocket presence, and intangibles are through the roof. As a pure pocket passer, he could be just as good as recent first overall picks Andrew Luck and Matthew Stafford.
Says same about "Rain Man" Bridgewater.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #1163
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Says same about "Rain Man" Bridgewater.
Says Bridgwater is 80% completion rate against blitz. Yeh ok. Where is this guy getting his stats? Smmmmhhh
Old 01-21-2014   #1164
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 13608 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Says Bridgwater is 80% completion rate against blitz. Yeh ok. Where is this guy getting his stats? Smmmmhhh
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...back-conundrum

Maybe he likes to round up? 76.92% against the Blitz is still pretty fkn awesome. It's better than any of the other QBs.

I don't give a crap if you poke fun at the guy for Barkley, but he makes a good case about Teddy being the smartest QB and O'Brien's system being advanced.

In fact, A LOT of people on here are going to look really foolish when some of these QBs don't pan out. I could be wrong too about Teddy. We'll make sure they know they're stupid!
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #1165
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...back-conundrum

Maybe he likes to round up? 76.92% against the Blitz is still pretty fkn awesome. It's better than any of the other QBs.

I don't give a crap if you poke fun at the guy for Barkley, but he makes a good case about Teddy being the smartest QB and O'Brien's system being advanced.

In fact, A LOT of people on here are going to look really foolish when some of these QBs don't pan out. I could be wrong too about Teddy. We'll make sure they know they're stupid!
I couldn't even finish listening to that slobfest. I like teddy but c'mon man. That guys no more a professional scout than anyone here. He's in love with what he has read and now he is exaggerating the truth to get people to think he knows something more than the general public.

And the way he was dogging on Manziel should prove to anyone with any footbal knowledge that he's just another amateur wanna be scout.

And by the way I have heard actual coaches call Manziel a savant. They say he learns plays faster than any player they have ever seen and his memory is unbelievable.
Old 01-21-2014   #1166
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And by the way I have heard actual coaches call Manziel a savant. They say he learns plays faster than any player they have ever seen and his memory is unbelievable.
Link?
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #1167
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no problem with this guy ranking Barkley ahead of Geno Smith. But to put him on the same level as Luck is nuts. I'll take this guy's opinion with a grain of salt.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-21-2014   #1168
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Googled it myself, only reference I could find was from Fran Tarkenton, which is kind of praising someone in his own image right?
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014   #1169
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24496 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I have no problem with this guy ranking Barkley ahead of Geno Smith. But to put him on the same level as Luck is nuts. I'll take this guy's opinion with a grain of salt.
To be fair he was only talking about his pocket passing ability and said he "could" be as good as Luck and Stafford in that regard. Ranking him 7th clearly shows, that he doesn`t value him nearly as high as either of those. But of course he was still majorly overvalueing him (if he doesn`t have a breakout season in the future).

I only listened to a bit of the podcast - it sounds like a guy that knows football, but also like one that read a lot of Bridgewater scouting reports on the internet. Ive read the savant thing before, the "80% completion percentage" is an exaggerated rotoworld stat.

But still it seems like Bridgewaters biggest strength are his football intelect, his drive, his pocket awareness and his decision making. Those are pretty good traits to have. Accuracy seems to be another major strength, that might be a little skewed because of the lack of competition. But his great percentages against the blitz are another major plus. Some people see faults in his technique, especially on long balls. This together with his small frame are the major knocks on him. Maybe add the lower completion percentage in the redzone as an area of concern (it is still good, but noticeably worse than his usual completion percentage).

Luckily, those are things that the combine will clear out. Then we will know exactly how tall and heavy he is - and his throwing motion will be dissected in great detail by about every scout in the country. If there is a problem, the question is, if it is fixable.

I think one thing is for sure: he won`t be a Jamarcus Russel or Vince Young or someone like Leinart. Even when he was the best player on the court, he was always trying to get even better and he understands the game. I think worst case scenario is Alex Smith - someone that doesn`t like to take chances and is more of a game manager. Best case scenario? Manning lite. He won`t ever have the statue of Manning, and probably fall short in some other places - but he could be the coach on the field masterfully taking apart a defense and making every player better.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014   #1170
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 24336 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
To be fair he was only talking about his pocket passing ability and said he "could" be as good as Luck and Stafford in that regard. Ranking him 7th clearly shows, that he doesn`t value him nearly as high as either of those. But of course he was still majorly overvalueing him (if he doesn`t have a breakout season in the future).

I only listened to a bit of the podcast - it sounds like a guy that knows football, but also like one that read a lot of Bridgewater scouting reports on the internet. Ive read the savant thing before, the "80% completion percentage" is an exaggerated rotoworld stat.

But still it seems like Bridgewaters biggest strength are his football intelect, his drive, his pocket awareness and his decision making. Those are pretty good traits to have. Accuracy seems to be another major strength, that might be a little skewed because of the lack of competition. But his great percentages against the blitz are another major plus. Some people see faults in his technique, especially on long balls. This together with his small frame are the major knocks on him. Maybe add the lower completion percentage in the redzone as an area of concern (it is still good, but noticeably worse than his usual completion percentage).

Luckily, those are things that the combine will clear out. Then we will know exactly how tall and heavy he is - and his throwing motion will be dissected in great detail by about every scout in the country. If there is a problem, the question is, if it is fixable.

I think one thing is for sure: he won`t be a Jamarcus Russel or Vince Young or someone like Leinart. Even when he was the best player on the court, he was always trying to get even better and he understands the game. I think worst case scenario is Alex Smith - someone that doesn`t like to take chances and is more of a game manager. Best case scenario? Manning lite. He won`t ever have the statue of Manning, and probably fall short in some other places - but he could be the coach on the field masterfully taking apart a defense and making every player better.
But does he have the forehead? Do they measure that at the combine?
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014   #1171
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Link?
Didn't read it. Heard it. It was either on 610 or 790. I'm sure there is a podcast. I have no idea how to find it.
Old 01-22-2014   #1172
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 24336 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Link?
Sausage.

Oops, wrong thread.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014   #1173
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17109 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

I kinda like how some folks want to see certain metrics, then when they get slapped in the face with cold, hard facts they quickly deflect and change the subject or try their hardest to discredit said stat. Gives me a chuckle.
Old 01-22-2014   #1174
danger6
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 danger6 could be on the next Madden coverdanger6 could be on the next Madden coverdanger6 could be on the next Madden coverdanger6 could be on the next Madden coverdanger6 could be on the next Madden coverdanger6 could be on the next Madden cover

I think comments about Manziel's quick analytical ability, memory and extreme work ethic came from Kliff Kingsbury. You might want to search with his name, if so inclined.
danger6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014   #1175
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
I kinda like how some folks want to see certain metrics, then when they get slapped in the face with cold, hard facts they quickly deflect and change the subject or try their hardest to discredit said stat. Gives me a chuckle.
Makes you want to do this?
Old 01-22-2014   #1176
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by danger6 View Post
I think comments about Manziel's quick analytical ability, memory and extreme work ethic came from Kliff Kingsbury. You might want to search with his name, if so inclined.
I believe you are right. I only caught part of the interview so not a 100%.
Old 01-22-2014   #1177
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Just bear in mind he had Matt Barkley at #7 and Geno Smith at #12 overall pre-combine last year. Link
I definitely hear you bro, but I don't want you to discredit him. Matt Barkley was a smoke screen that almost no scouts saw through until the actual combine.

For me personally, Mike Mayock is the best in the game. I am not posting this to discredit him, but to just prove that Barkley was a hell of a smoke screen that had everyone fooled.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap10...2013-nfl-draft

Doing a "big board NFL draft prospects" search in google in the custom range from Feb 1-20 of 2013 will show you that just about everyone was fooled.

Wait until after the combine and see how they rank things then. This guy did mock Hopkins to us last year, so I think he knows what he's doing a little bit.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014   #1178
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I believe you are right. I only caught part of the interview so not a 100%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danger6 View Post
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/92...-nfl-prospects

I think that is the article you might be talking about.
matts290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014   #1179
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts290 View Post
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/92...-nfl-prospects

I think that is the article you might be talking about.
lol, there you go. Skip Bayless is always a good guy to have in your corner. He's a good judge of talent.

"Tim Tebow is the next Brett Favre!"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ve-said/page/6
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014   #1180
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSNTajh Boyd told me excluding himself, Teddy Bridgewater is the best QB in this draft bc he can "do it all". #Texans #SeniorBowl
So Boyd's top 2 QBs are himself and Bridgewater. We should trade down to #4 and take Boyd!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read