Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-18-2014   #1121
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Bridgewater doesn't come close to Rodgers with velocity , he has a tendency to throw a lot of softballs and doesn't have near the arm strength. Seems to me people have watched a few highlights and made up their minds using that small portion of information ....
his arm is good enough, its just he prefers to put more touch on his throws than throwing with extra zip.
if he wants to make those extra few yards he can.
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014   #1122
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
They always talk about guys going #1 overall as being a project . They also talk about Pink Floyd's " Wish You Were Here " as being a great CD for those herbs .
Im assuming he used the word "project" to determine a player who needs time to sit and isn't pro ready. TB regardless of what you think of him as a prospect is clearly the most pro ready QB in the draft which is indicated by his ability to perform pre and post snap reads, calling audibles at the line of scrimmage and so on.

p.s. great album!!!
Old 01-18-2014   #1123
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
his arm is good enough, its just he prefers to put more touch on his throws than throwing with extra zip.
if he wants to make those extra few yards he can.
I wont argue that point .... Its pretty obvious he has a strong enough arm , just that those softballs bug me , and he does that a lot. Reminds me of many of Schaub's turnovers this year ....

I see quite a few flaws in his game , sloppy mechanics , loop in the top of the throwing motion , softballs , level of competition and the small hands issue which is yet to be confirmed.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014   #1124
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Assuming you mean "mock" instead of "board", I'd still like you to prove this almost certain false statement.
He's going to have a hard time with that one - Link, Link2
Old 01-18-2014   #1125
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I wont argue that point .... Its pretty obvious he has a strong enough arm , just that those softballs bug me , and he does that a lot. Reminds me of many of Schaub's turnovers this year ....

I see quite a few flaws in his game , sloppy mechanics , loop in the top of the throwing motion , softballs , level of competition and the small hands issue which is yet to be confirmed.
ok thats a fair argument to make against him.

However i think that those sort of problems are correctable (the mechanics) and are perhaps "good" problems to have (talking about his "touch" throws here)
Old 01-18-2014   #1126
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34103 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Assuming you mean "mock" instead of "board", I'd still like you to prove this almost certain false statement.
Kiper, McShay, Jeremiah, Brooks ...

Typically I pay more attention to the ESPN and NFL Network mocks so there may be others that still have TB higher, but from what I have heard he is already falling in most mocks from the top analysts.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014   #1127
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bridgewater doesn't come close to Rodgers with velocity , he has a tendency to throw a lot of softballs and doesn't have near the arm strength. Seems to me people have watched a few highlights and made up their minds using that small portion of information ....
When was the last time you watched Aaron Rodgers in college? I bet it has been a while, but here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V48DlitkTSg

Rodgers didn't have as much arm strength in college as he does now(very obvious in the video), and he had the benefit of sitting behind Favre for a couple years to improve his strength and knowledge of the game. I see some similarities between TB and Rodgers, but simply being like someone else doesn't mean they will become that guy either. It's a "take it with a grain of salt" thing, just meant for a quick comparison in playstyles.
Old 01-18-2014   #1128
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 150814 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post

Typically I pay more attention to the ESPN and NFL Network mocks so there may be others that still have TB higher, but from what I have heard he is already falling in most mocks from the top analysts.
How can you really fall if you haven't been to a workout ?
Old 01-18-2014   #1129
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34103 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
How can you really fall if you haven't been to a workout ?
People are studying more tape?

What the hell do workouts in a controlled environment have to do with performance on the field? Not much ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014   #1130
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Then why is Manziel projected to go before TB on every board practically now?

No one will until they take the field in the pros, but I wouldn't draft him.
Manziel's got more sizzle, more window dressing.
Old 01-18-2014   #1131
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66182 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Lol, it's only January.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014   #1132
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Those 4 might be the absolute worst at predicting drafts
Old 01-18-2014   #1133
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Im assuming he used the word "project" to determine a player who needs time to sit and isn't pro ready. TB regardless of what you think of him as a prospect is clearly the most pro ready QB in the draft which is indicated by his ability to perform pre and post snap reads, calling audibles at the line of scrimmage and so on.

p.s. great album!!!
Remember what "they" said about DBs coached by Saban? That they're pretty close to their ceilings because they were so well coached at the college level?

I wonder how that applies to someone like Bridgewater.
Old 01-18-2014   #1134
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 150814 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
People are studying more tape?

What the hell do workouts in a controlled environment have to do with performance on the field? Not much ...
Lots
Old 01-18-2014   #1135
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Lol, it's only January.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014   #1136
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66182 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Remember what "they" said about DBs coached by Saban? That they're pretty close to their ceilings because they were so well coached at the college level?

TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014   #1137
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
When was the last time you watched Aaron Rodgers in college? I bet it has been a while, but here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V48DlitkTSg
I've watched several Bridgewater videos over the last few weeks. That's the only video of Rodgers I've seen in a long time.

Just to note a few contrasts...

Notice how high Rodgers holds the ball. Then when he's made the decision to throw the ball goes back, then forward in one quick, fluid motion. Every QB is different, there are a hundred ways to skin a cat. But when evaluating a QB, what you're seeing Rodgers do there, is pretty close to perfect.

Watch his feet. A lot of those were rhythm throws. Three steps, his decision is made when the back foot drops, he steps into the throw in the direction of the receiver.... his throwing motion is also very fluid with his feet. Very quick, smooth, "natural." Again, perfect.

I have not seen one Bridgewater game, where he spends as much time under center as Rodgers does in that video.

At the beginning of the video, they say Rogers is 6'2" 215, he looks much thicker than Bridgewater.

Rodgers floated about 4 or 5 of those throws. I can't remember noticing Bridgewater floating any like that. Even though Rodgers made calls & adjustments, Bridgewater seemed to do a whole lot more directing before the snap. Rodgers looks clumsy compared to Bridgewater.

They don't look all that similar to me, but... this is the only Rodgers video I've seen.
Old 01-19-2014   #1138
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Notice how high Rodgers holds the ball. Then when he's made the decision to throw the ball goes back, then forward in one quick, fluid motion. Every QB is different, there are a hundred ways to skin a cat. But when evaluating a QB, what you're seeing Rodgers do there, is pretty close to perfect.
I think you're wrong about that high ball being the correct way to hold it.

And here's why...

Go watch some of his highlights from the past year or two. An example here. He's been trained to STOP holding the ball that high. He holds the ball much lower, much closer to the way Bridgewater holds it now.

I don't think Bridgewater holding the ball low is a bad thing. I think it's a sign that he's studied guys like Rodgers and he's learned from it.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #1139
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

i didn't use the word they. that was my own opinion
Old 01-19-2014   #1140
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i didn't use the word they. that was my own opinion
Dude.

I hate to break this to you.

But.

YOU are THEY.

You didn't get the memo? Or did you just think it was spam and delete it?
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read