Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-17-2014   #1081
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
He made a comment about Height , weight and how folks might consider him another Geno Smith. I then posted a link that compares a portion of their college careers statistically, since you folks say nobody has ever made any comparison.

When you can show he claimed a comparison of offensive styles, mechanics, footwork, etc. - then I'll understand what you're bitching about.
You are confusing bitching with discussion, when Texian posted that people may compare Bridgewater to Smith I questioned it and asked how? I don't think asking for an explanation of such a claim is considered bitching.

Then you posted that link which is 4 months old and really the only comparison made is that that Smith, Griffin, and Bridgewater all 3 got off to hot starts in their respective season as Hesiman hopefuls. Then goes onto highlight that Smith played poorly in the second half of the season while Griffin continued his great play and won the Heisman. Again it was from September, before Bridgewater's season had barely begun so their was a lot of speculation on the writers part, but even he mentioned he saw Bridgewater continuting on his path of great play and not tapering off like Smith did in his final season.

So I say again, besides a couple physical attributes, what is there to compare between Bridgewater and Geno?
matts290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014   #1082
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 87321 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
need to see some video
What color is invisible?
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014   #1083
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
we'll need further measurements to asses.

I'm sure the ladies will be wanting further measurements after seeing that pic.
Old 01-17-2014   #1084
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts290 View Post
You are confusing bitching with discussion, when Texian posted that people may compare Bridgewater to Smith I questioned it and asked how? I don't think asking for an explanation of such a claim is considered bitching.

Then you posted that link which is 4 months old and really the only comparison made is that that Smith, Griffin, and Bridgewater all 3 got off to hot starts in their respective season as Hesiman hopefuls. Then goes onto highlight that Smith played poorly in the second half of the season while Griffin continued his great play and won the Heisman. Again it was from September, before Bridgewater's season had barely begun so their was a lot of speculation on the writers part, but even he mentioned he saw Bridgewater continuting on his path of great play and not tapering off like Smith did in his final season.
They are both black. (There's really no comparison at all.) TB by all accounts is a smart, hardworking, dedicated to his craft young man. Geno not so much.

Last edited by infantrycak; 01-17-2014 at 10:28 AM.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014   #1085
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

So I say again, besides a couple physical attributes, what is there to compare between Bridgewater and Geno?
So, now you're bitching about the age of the article? You folks need some midol.

The comparison was even favorable to TB, but that's not enough for y'all. No, you have to act like no comparison was ever made. Might want to read the title of the article again.

Even better, try Google and put in Geno Smith and Teddy Bridgewater and see if you can find more comparisons. I sure could.

So, again, try to show he made a comparison that was invalid. You haven't...twice.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-17-2014   #1086
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
They are both black. (There's really no comparison at all.) TB by all accounts is a smart, hardworking, dedicated to his craft young man. Geno not so much.
Well said.

I do think Geno is hardworking too, but unfortunately for him, he just doesn't have nearly the football IQ.

Quote:
So, now you're bitching about the age of the article? You folks need some midol.
Great hearing from you overly aggressive internet guy.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014   #1087
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The comparison was even favorable to TB, but that's not enough for y'all. No, you have to act like no comparison was ever made. Might want to read the title of the article again.

Even better, try Google and put in Geno Smith and Teddy Bridgewater and see if you can find more comparisons. I sure could.

So, again, try to show he made a comparison that was invalid. You haven't...twice.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Holy crap you are dense, how is posting a fact: "The article is from September 4" considered bitching to you? I pointed that out because it was relevant to the point I was making, which was the article was written before Bridgwater had completed his final season...again another FACT

Why is it that the most senior members of this board are the worst posters? I was legitimately trying to engage in a discussion as to how Geno and Bridgewater compared, but then called names instead.
Sponsored links
Old 01-17-2014   #1088
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
... but even he mentioned he saw Bridgewater continuting on his path of great play and not tapering off like Smith did in his final season.
Actually, he said Bridgewater's remaining schedule was so easy, he couldn't imagine TB tailing off.

Which is why the level of competition piece is so important.
Old 01-17-2014   #1089
matts290
Veteran

Honestly I am not trying to argue that Teddy is some super holy prospect that is in another stratosphere than Geno and shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence. I just am really curious how they compare because I really don't see many similarities in their game regardless of how good one or the other is.
Old 01-17-2014   #1090
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Holy crap you are dense, how is posting a fact: "The article is from September 4" considered bitching to you? I pointed that out because it was relevant to the point I was making, which was the article was written before Bridgwater had completely his final season...again another FACT

Why is it that the most senior members of this board are the worst posters? I was legitimately trying to engage in a discussion as to how Geno and Bridgewater compared, but then called names instead.
If I'm dense, you're a dolt.

It's not relevant? So Teddy and Geno never had collegiate football seasons? They never had great statistical success? They weren't likely to be drafted by an NFL team? The only year that is ever measured is the Senior season of the player?

Sounds absurd, doesn't it? About as absurd as throwing out any comparison because the article is from a time before your mind finds it relevant.

Since you seem to think there's something wrong with long-time posters, here's a clue rookie: I don't know Texian. I have major differences of opinion with Texian on several issues. I saw something in here being mischaracterized (2nd one this week) and decided to show that it wasn't something being pulled from the crevices of that poster's posterior alone. I provided suporting evidence. In BOTH cases this week, the offending accuser took potshots at me. In both cases, I've responded in kind. In your case, maybe you just don't understand how condescending you come across.
Old 01-17-2014   #1091
matts290
Veteran

Old 01-17-2014   #1092
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Honestly I am not trying to argue that Teddy is some super holy prospect that is in another stratosphere than Geno and shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence. I just am really curious how they compare because I really don't see many similarities in their game regardless of how good one or the other is.
I posted a draft report of Geno Smith, though I've never heard the comparisons, reading that report, it could have just as easily been describing Teddy Bridgewater, other than the consistency issues they saw in the second half of Geno's senior year.... but, like I've said, that's where S.O.S. comes into play.
Old 01-17-2014   #1093
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I posted a draft report of Geno Smith, though I've never heard the comparisons, reading that report, it could have just as easily been describing Teddy Bridgewater, other than the consistency issues they saw in the second half of Geno's senior year.... but, like I've said, that's where S.O.S. comes into play.
Damn TK, don't make the dreaded Geno Smith comparison again.

Old 01-17-2014   #1094
matts290
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Missed that post, it does bring up some things they said about Geno last year that are being said this year about Teddy, specifically this paragraph.

Quote:
The senior completed 71 percent of his passes this year for 4,356 yards, 42 touchdowns and six interceptions. Smith has an excellent skill set. He has demonstrated his intelligence and field vision by working through his progressions and looking off safeties. Smith has some natural accuracy with good arm strength to make all the throws. That adds up to him being able to fire some fastballs into tight windows with phenomenal ball placement to hit receivers in stride. He rarely ever throws interceptions and has superb decision-making.
Either way, one is in the NFL already and one is on our mock boards, lets just hope if we do happen to draft Teddy his rookie season doesn't turn out like Geno's did.
Old 01-17-2014   #1095
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess I don't understand why we are discussing Geno Smith with Teddy Bridgewater.

Let me start by saying I liked Geno coming out of college as a dynamic player who might be able to make some special plays. I even drafted him in our TT mock draft to the Jags @ #2 (no trades) thinking they could sit him for a year to learn while Gabbert sunk or swam.

Geno Smith came from a spread offense, took most snaps from shotgun, and even had people questioning if he was a student of the game. Serious NFL transitional concerns.

Teddy Bridgewater comes from a more pro-style West Coast Offense, makes adjustments and checks at the line, and is said to be a true student of the game which shows on the field as he completely takes over the offense. I don't see much risk in a guy who devours coaching like Teddy is said to do.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014   #1096
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
This offseason is going to be brutal.

I survived the 06 offseason. This don't skur me one bit.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014   #1097
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
I guess I don't understand why we are discussing Geno Smith with Teddy Bridgewater.

Let me start by saying I liked Geno coming out of college as a dynamic player who might be able to make some special plays. I even drafted him in our TT mock draft to the Jags @ #2 (no trades) thinking they could sit him for a year to learn while Gabbert sunk or swam.

Geno Smith came from a spread offense, took most snaps from shotgun, and even had people questioning if he was a student of the game. Serious NFL transitional concerns.

Teddy Bridgewater comes from a more pro-style West Coast Offense, makes adjustments and checks at the line, and is said to be a true student of the game which shows on the field as he completely takes over the offense. I don't see much risk in a guy who devours coaching like Teddy is said to do.
Agree'd. Teddy is very pro ready & should assimilate playbook quickly while picking apart defensive schemes/disguises. Of course he will have his struggles but who doesn't? Geno is a scheme QB while Teddy is scheme diverse, which should enable Bill O'Brian to make the Texans offense much less predictable.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014   #1098
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
This offseason is going to be brutal.

When you take into consideration the Texans only have $5.6 mil in cap space, it's going to be a doozy alright. One that Texans fans are not that familiar with. NFL teams on average allocate $5 million for IR, Practice Squad and LTBEs that leaves the Texans with roughly $0 to sign 15 contracts lost in free agency. Brutal? Yes indeedy it's going to be brutal. Brutally Bad!

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/cap-hit/2014/
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014   #1099
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
When you take into consideration the Texans only have $5.6 mil in cap space, it's going to be a doozy alright. One that Texans fans are not that familiar with. NFL teams on average allocate $5 million for IR, Practice Squad and LTBEs that leaves the Texans with roughly $0 to sign 15 contracts lost in free agency. Brutal? Yes indeedy it's going to be brutal. Brutally Bad!

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/cap-hit/2014/
I see you're fishing again.
Old 01-17-2014   #1100
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I see you're fishing again.
You noticed that too?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read