Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-11-2014   #921
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
What's more likely; Teddy weighing 210lbs or Manziel being 6'1"?

We need a pre-combine poll hahaha
I think Teddy edging out 210 is possible, but Manziel is not 6"1, no way.
matts290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014   #922
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90635 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Of course it does - but one of these 2 players will not be available at the draft.
That's not the question. All things being equal do you take the smaller Tb or the bigger one? You take the bigger frame. And you know if you read his post without biased that you take the bigger Tb. If you wanna argue Manziel is the better college player, cool I get it. That wasn't his point.

Maybe I'll rephrase his question a different way. Would you take a 6 foot 190 Manziel or the 6'3 210 lb Manziel? One of those players has questions attached to his stature and the other does not.
Old 01-11-2014   #923
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
What's more likely; Teddy weighing 210lbs or Manziel being 6'1"?

We need a pre-combine poll hahaha
What's funny, is that 210lbs is still underweight. All it does is show promise that the kid can still add more weight. It would mean all those games played in college, were under 210lbs. Because gaining weight was surely a goal for the combine.

6'3" 215lbs is the bottom end of prototypical. Maybe you think his abilities compensates for that 5 lbs. I'm not saying it does/doesn't, just throwing it out there.
Old 01-11-2014   #924
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

If he had been out at a game, even one quarter this season I would worry about his weight. But the kid is durable, never shown signs to be injury prone so I won't make an issue of it. What I will make an issue of is the gloves. Can he still throw the same with the gloves?. I know Kurt Warner rocked the gloves later in his career just wondering if Teddy will use them throughout his career.
Old 01-11-2014   #925
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73103 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
What's funny, is that 210lbs is still underweight. All it does is show promise that the kid can still add more weight. It would mean all those games played in college, were under 210lbs. Because gaining weight was surely a goal for the combine.

6'3" 215lbs is the bottom end of prototypical. Maybe you think his abilities compensates for that 5 lbs. I'm not saying it does/doesn't, just throwing it out there.
I think you're making good points all over this thread. But I also think that you're so scared of the size issue that you're overlooking several more important factors.
bah007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014   #926
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34647 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not surprising that Eric wouldn't endorse pocket passer. Have you seen his pass blocking?
Makes no sense ... much easier to protect for a pocket QB, rather than one running all over the place. Eric actually said he wouldn't want to play with Manziel because he would be a nightmare to block for, but thinks he is a better prospect than Bridgewater, as is Bortles in his opinion.

Last edited by kingtexan; 01-11-2014 at 10:58 AM.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014   #927
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I think you're making good points all over this thread. But I also think that you're so scared of the size issue that you're overlooking several more important factors.
I'm just throwing it out there. I've already said if he weighs in at 215 I want the Texans to draft him. If he weighs in at 210 & the Texans draft him, I'm "okay" with it. If he wieghs in under 210 & the Texans draft him at 1-1, I've got my "I told you so" ready.

6'3" 215lbs = prototypical = 1-1

6'3" 210lbs + high scores in intangibles = 1-1

6'3" <210 + high scores in intangibles does not.
Old 01-11-2014   #928
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Makes no sense ... much easier to protect for a pocket QB, rather than one running all over the place. Eric actually said he wouldn't want to play with Manziel because the would be a nightmare to block for, but thinks he is a better prospect than Bridgewater, as is Bortles in his opinion.
Winston was not very good at pass blocking, regardless what he says. He faired well against power rushers.... but there really aren't many of those in the league. He struggled against speed/finesse rushers.... of whom there are a lot.
Old 01-11-2014   #929
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56984 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm just throwing it out there. I've already said if he weighs in at 215 I want the Texans to draft him. If he weighs in at 210 & the Texans draft him, I'm "okay" with it. If he wieghs in under 210 & the Texans draft him at 1-1, I've got my "I told you so" ready.

6'3" 215lbs = prototypical = 1-1

6'3" 210lbs + high scores in intangibles = 1-1

6'3" <210 + high scores in intangibles does not.
Chances are very high that he will weigh 215 at the Combine. Folks will call him Fat Teddy. Fat Teddy is probably chowing down on 2000 calorie breakfast as I type this and you read this. Whatever time you read this Fat Teddy will likely be feasting on a 2000 calorie meal that is appropriate for the that time of day. Before this day is out he likely consumes another 8000 calories +. Given Fat Teddy still has 6 more weeks before the Combine (end of Feb) he can easily pack on 15 lbs of weight and muscle.

The weight is a lesser concern for me. 8 1/2" hands, short arms, a 50 MPH are items that could drop Fat Teddy out of the Top 10 or even Rd 1 for me. Same items would also apply to Bortles, Manziel and all QBs for that matter.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014   #930
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Chances are very high that he will weigh 215 at the Combine. Folks will call him Fat Teddy. Fat Teddy is probably chowing down on 2000 calorie breakfast as I type this and you read this. Whatever time you read this Fat Teddy will likely be feasting on a 2000 calorie meal that is appropriate for the that time of day. Before this day is out he likely consumes another 8000 calories +. Given Fat Teddy still has 6 more weeks before the Combine (end of Feb) he can easily pack on 15 lbs of weight and muscle.
Then you understand why it would be a major red flag if he weighs in under 210.

I'm not saying I think he will. I want nothing more for the Texans to draft a prototypical franchise QB with intangibles.
Old 01-11-2014   #931
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The weight is a lesser concern for me. 8 1/2" hands, short arms, a 50 MPH are items that could drop Fat Teddy out of the Top 10 or even Rd 1 for me. Same items would also apply to Bortles, Manziel and all QBs for that matter.
How does adding all that weight affect him in the drills ?? This will be interesting to say the least.

Those small hands along with the way he has a tendency to hold the ball low really bug me .... potential to be a turnover machine.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014   #932
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182216 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
How does adding all that weight affect him in the drills ?? This will be interesting to say the least.

Those small hands along with the way he has a tendency to hold the ball low really bug me .... potential to be a turnover machine.
I've read somewhere that Teddy has big hands he just likes to wear gloves ... FWIW .

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 01-11-2014 at 12:37 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014   #933
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post

Where's Lord Bill?

We can't draft him! He doesn't dress nearly classy enough.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014   #934
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56984 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Then you understand why it would be a major red flag if he weighs in under 210.

I'm not saying I think he will. I want nothing more for the Texans to draft a prototypical franchise QB with intangibles.
Good Point! If he's had 2 months to pack on the lbs and still weighs in underweight that is a cause for concern.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014   #935
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182216 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Good Point! If he's had 2 months to pack on the lbs and still weighs in underweight that is a cause for concern.
What if he weighs 215 and runs a 4.6 as opposed to Bortles 4.85 ?
Old 01-11-2014   #936
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34647 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Tom Brady ... 5.23.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014   #937
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Since when does a QB's 40 time matter?
Old 01-11-2014   #938
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
It matters to any team that doesn't have Brady , Manning , or Brees .

Luck 4.6
Cam 4.6
Rg3 4.4
JFF 4.6
Colin K 4.5
Russell Wilson 4.55
Aaron Rogers 4.7

https://twitter.com/teddyb_h2o
Old 01-11-2014   #939
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
When you are counting on more than small space movement as part of their game.
Old 01-11-2014   #940
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Tom Brady ... 5.23.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read