Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-10-2014   #901
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
How do you post that chart and get Carr is the one to avoid?
When coupled with the info here:
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...back-conundrum

I think it does become "further" evidence to avoid Carr. That's a high inaccuracy percentage when you are throwing nearly half of your passes short. If Carr was pushing the ball downfield more than average, the inaccuracy would be much more tolerable.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014   #902
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 16277 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
How do you post that chart and get Carr is the one to avoid?
I know I don't need a chart to stay away from him. He stunk it up at a lowsy USC. That was his chance to put himself into consideration and he didn't deliver.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014   #903
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Put Eric Winston in the "not" Teddy camp. He doesn't buy into it from what he's seen.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014   #904
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64147 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Put Eric Winston in the "not" Teddy camp. He doesn't buy into it from what he's seen.
Yep, heard him say the same thing today on 610. He doesn't pass the eye test to Eric. I concur.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014   #905
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
I know I don't need a chart to stay away from him. He stunk it up at a lowsy USC. That was his chance to put himself into consideration and he didn't deliver.
I wasn't defending Carr. The point was Manziel is the outlier more so than Carr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errant Hothy View Post
When coupled with the info here:
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...back-conundrum

I think it does become "further" evidence to avoid Carr. That's a high inaccuracy percentage when you are throwing nearly half of your passes short. If Carr was pushing the ball downfield more than average, the inaccuracy would be much more tolerable.
We'd need the location of the misthrown balls to tie the two together. It's a reasonable surmise though.
Old 01-10-2014   #906
Tearstain
Rookie

Section: I wish :(
Rep Power: 5598 Tearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respected

I know this is going to be a stupid question but why could Bridgewaters over throws be improved with some tweeks but not Carr?

I read that Carr has a very quick release and one of the strongest arms. Could a % of his over throws be down to not controlling the power?

I am not in any camp for the QB's btw.

Last edited by Tearstain; 01-10-2014 at 07:21 PM. Reason: quoted wrong post doh!
Tearstain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014   #907
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Jeez how did our simple conversation about skinny arms spiral out of control like this?

This board is getting crazy.
Offseason maybe? AND we need a QB?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-10-2014   #908
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
Looks like my Mettenberger campaigned gained a little more traction.
Sure , if you want to take a chance with that injury.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014   #909
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34365 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearstain View Post
I know this is going to be a stupid question but why could Bridgewaters over throws be improved with some tweeks but not Carr?

I read that Carr has a very quick release and one of the strongest arms. Could a % of his over throws be down to not controlling the power?

I am not in any camp for the QB's btw.
I can't really answer your question, but a part of it probably is, that about every 3d pass by Carr was a screen, while for Bridgewater it was only every 10th. So Bridgewater is overall a lot more accurate in his throws. Also it seems like Bridgewater sometimes has a bad technique on long balls and a great technique at other times. So it might just need some practise. Can't speak about Carr in this regard though.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014   #910
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Being small is not an indication of being frail. There are many instances of huge guys being frequently injured and small guys being ironmen. You just have to look at each individual instead of immediately herding them into a certain category based purely on measurements.
The size thing has been beaten to death but who would you take first;

Teddy Bridgewater - 6-3 215
or
Teddy Bridgewater - 6-1 195

I take the first guy every time all other things equal. That doesn't mean the first thing you look at is height/weight but to pretend it plays no part in the decision process is off-base.
Old 01-10-2014   #911
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34365 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
The size thing has been beaten to death but who would you take first;

Teddy Bridgewater - 6-3 215
or
Teddy Bridgewater - 6-1 195

I take the first guy every time all other things equal. That doesn't mean the first thing you look at is height/weight but to pretend it plays no part in the decision process is off-base.
Of course it does - but one of these 2 players will not be available at the draft. You take who you think gives you the best to win. And the second guy you listed could be the guy that best helps our team win come draft day when you compare him to the other QBs and guys like Clowney. Of course you`d like your QB to have the weight and size of your prototypical QB and if it is too far from that you might look the other way. But Bridgewater is definetly not too small to play QB. You just have to evaluate the whole package and then decide, if you are comfortable with him although he might be a couple of inches shorter than you`d like.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014   #912
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not surprising that Eric wouldn't endorse pocket passer. Have you seen his pass blocking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014   #913
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120522 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Not surprising that Eric wouldn't endorse pocket passer. Have you seen his pass blocking?
Well played sir....well played.
Old 01-10-2014   #914
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

im not worried about his weight.

the kid went from this in HS...

to this now (after losing weight in the offseason due to his oral surgery)...

if you look at this frame, he has plenty of room for more

Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014   #915
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120522 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
im not worried about his weight.

the kid went from this in HS...

to this now (after losing weight in the offseason due to his oral surgery)...

if you look at this frame, he has plenty of room for more

Those pics don't prove anything. I'll wait till the official weights are announced.
Old 01-10-2014   #916
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Those pics don't prove anything. I'll wait till the official weights are announced.
i'm not trying to prove how much he actually weighs. the point is, weight won't and shouldn't be an issue going forward, IMO. the kid hasn't even hit an NFL weight room or workout regimen yet.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014   #917
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Shrek is just pissed cause Teddy spurned his university and then kicked their ass in his final game. Just sour grapes.
stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014   #918
BigB0iFresh
Veteran

Rep Power: 1335 BigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This made me chuckle
BigB0iFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014   #919
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

What's more likely; Teddy weighing 210lbs or Manziel being 6'1"?

We need a pre-combine poll hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014   #920
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 159792 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What's more likely; Teddy weighing 210lbs or Manziel being 6'1"?

We need a pre-combine poll hahaha
I'll take Teddy and the Under.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read