Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-09-2014   #821
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Why is the nose of the football pointing 90 degrees away from the direction he is throwing?
Don't ask Trevor Knight!

Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014   #822
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texian have you ever thrown a football ?

The guy with the greatest arm ever . Has been known to throw the ol pigskin a 1/4 mile .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014   #823
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post

no, but he's watched others do it more than everyone here combined. #experience
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014   #824
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMore View Post
I think the question should not be "will Teddy be one of the top 5 QBs in the NFL" (he won't; there's literally no chance he'll even be the best QB in his division) but "is it possible to win with Teddy at QB."
I think that if Houston gives him a roster like SF or Seadderal then he can win.

I understand the reply "well that's easier said than done! SF and Seadderal have incredible rosters!" and I agree. But without a world-beater QB (Brady; Manning; Brees; Rodgers) that's the only way to win in the NFL.

Which is harder to come by- a game-changing QB or an incredible roster?
I think that's a question worth discussing.
No, that's not the caliber question that's worth discussing at all. That's the type of question you ask if you're considering going with Keenum or Yates. That is not the question you ask if you're considering taking a QB first overall in the draft. If Bridgewater needs everybody around him to be perfect to win then we should just stick with Matt Schaub at QB, and I don't like that idea one bit.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014   #825
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Seriously what did joe Montana ever accomplish in football? Smh!!
Old 01-09-2014   #826
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Seriously what did joe Montana ever accomplish in football? Smh!!
He was a great tackler .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014   #827
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The guy with the greatest arm ever . Has been known to throw the ol pigskin a 1/4 mile .

Lol too funny.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-09-2014   #828
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He was a great tackler .
I loved watching him play. Such a privilege. Well until 1993. After that I couldn't stand him.
Old 01-09-2014   #829
NoMore
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
No, that's not the caliber question that's worth discussing at all. That's the type of question you ask if you're considering going with Keenum or Yates. That is not the question you ask if you're considering taking a QB first overall in the draft. If Bridgewater needs everybody around him to be perfect to win then we should just stick with Matt Schaub at QB, and I don't like that idea one bit.

Fair enough.
If that's Houston's standpoint then I hope they trade the pick.
Bridgewater will probably be good. He'll never be "carry the team to the Promised Land basically by himself" good.
NoMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014   #830
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why is the nose of the football pointing 90 degrees away from the direction he is throwing?
Misdirection.

Seriously, though, are you really asking this question? He's not throwing darts. He's throwing a football with the normal motion everyone uses. And part of that motion involves bringing the ball back and cocking the arm. During that process, the point of the ball can go as far as almost pointing completely in the opposite direction of where the ball is ultimately going to go.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014   #831
Anoidance
noob

Rep Power: 0 Anoidance is a quality contributor and well respectedAnoidance is a quality contributor and well respectedAnoidance is a quality contributor and well respectedAnoidance is a quality contributor and well respectedAnoidance is a quality contributor and well respectedAnoidance is a quality contributor and well respectedAnoidance is a quality contributor and well respectedAnoidance is a quality contributor and well respectedAnoidance is a quality contributor and well respectedAnoidance is a quality contributor and well respectedAnoidance is a quality contributor and well respected

So, First post. I'm fully on the Bridgewater bandwagon and found this article on roto world pretty interesting.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...back-conundrum

Apologies if it's been posted elsewhere.
Anoidance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014   #832
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Texian - thanks for the laughs.

Quote:
Fair enough.
If that's Houston's standpoint then I hope they trade the pick.
Bridgewater will probably be good. He'll never be "carry the team to the Promised Land basically by himself" good.
Nobody is as good as that mythological standard.
Old 01-09-2014   #833
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoidance View Post
So, First post. I'm fully on the Bridgewater bandwagon and found this article on roto world pretty interesting.

Welcome to the board. And, yes, that's been posted but np. It's being debated, I think, in the Manziel thread.

Interesting that we're picking up new guys the past few days especially considering last season...

Old 01-09-2014   #834
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Who is Chris Trapasso?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=chris+trapasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
It's the girth that counts.....oh wait you guys are talking about arms.
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errant Hothy View Post
That's a small arm?
LOL, this thread is great today.

Quote:
I think the question should not be "will Teddy be one of the top 5 QBs in the NFL" (he won't; there's literally no chance he'll even be the best QB in his division) but "is it possible to win with Teddy at QB."
I think that if Houston gives him a roster like SF or Seadderal then he can win.

I understand the reply "well that's easier said than done! SF and Seadderal have incredible rosters!" and I agree. But without a world-beater QB (Brady; Manning; Brees; Rodgers) that's the only way to win in the NFL.

Which is harder to come by- a game-changing QB or an incredible roster?
I think that's a question worth discussing.
lol, where did you come from with all these wild "opinion facts"? Start that discussion elsewhere. Maybe one day the Texans can draft the next Peyton Manning, his kid's gotta be like 2 or 3 at least by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
no, but he's watched others do it more than everyone here combined. #experience
LOL, you are on joke fire today bro.

Quote:

Welcome to the board. A few rules:

1. Be absolute in your stances with no wiggle room
2. Never back off your stance even when proved incorrect
3. From time to time be a jerk to some random person

Do this and you'll fit in great. Great article BTW.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014   #835
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Accepted.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014   #836
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Why did Teddy have the ball at 90 degrees from his target? Because it looks like he's rolling out.

Why is the nose of the football not pointing at the direction of the target in the Joe Montana and Blake Bortles Photos? Because their throwing hand is coming from behind their head in an overhand throwing motion making it impossible to point the nose of the football where the QB is looking.

Why is Trevor Knight pointing the ball 180 degrees from the target area? I don't know, that is just wrong. He is a Freshman and a QB Coach will likely be making some corrections.

Have I ever thrown a football? Believe it or not I was a high school QB. The football aficionados thought they were either being smart or being funny but in either case they stubbed their toe.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014   #837
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Why did Teddy have the ball at 90 degrees from his target? Because it looks like he's rolling out.
Why do you think that makes a difference? Do you think he's supposed to NOT bring his hand back and **** his arm when he's on a rollout?
Old 01-09-2014   #838
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Why is the nose of the football not pointing at the direction of the target in the Joe Montana and Blake Bortles Photos? Because their throwing hand is coming from behind their head in an overhand throwing motion making it impossible to point the nose of the football where the QB is looking.
Wait, are you trying to analyze the differences in these pictures and justify that Teddy pointing the ball 90 degrees away is wrong but the other guys isn't? I am confused here, what point are you trying to make?

Is that better? He is holding it behind his head too in this picture too.
matts290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014   #839
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Why do you think that makes a difference? Do you think he's supposed to NOT bring his hand back and **** his arm when he's on a rollout?
Throwing motion is different when when running vs being stationary in the pocket.
Old 01-09-2014   #840
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts290 View Post
Wait, are you trying to analyze the differences in these pictures and justify that Teddy pointing the ball 90 degrees away is wrong but the other guys isn't? I am confused here, what point are you trying to make?

Is that better? He is holding it behind his head too in this picture too.
I just asked a simple question. In this picture his arm is at a 45 degree angle like Montana and Bortles. The previous picture his arm is at 90 degree angle.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read