Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-03-2014   #681
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Not sure if it was mentioned but Lance Z said he perfered Manizel at this point over the other QB's. Not sure if thats just talk or pot stirring or what. But he said it.
Lance is usually pretty good when he's talking discussing the Offensive Line and OL players.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014   #682
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
O'Brian's offense is complicated and he's said his QB's must have the intelligence and instincts to make instant, correct decisions.
And that is what I think is going to be exactly what swings Coach 0 onto the TB train. TD Ted is exactly the QB that he describes in the seminar vid that was posted a couple of days ago. My line of thinking says if someone that has exactly the qualifications you're looking for falls into your lap ya take him.
Except that's what all coaches say about their QBs. I've yet to come across one saying, "We're just looking for the most physically gifted guy we can find. Mentally week is preferable so we can train him to think like a monkey. This NFL offense really isn't that difficult. You'll see how easy it is to stymie once we lose our physically gifted athlete."

As "simple" as everyone believes Kubiak's offense to be, we kicked butt when Schaub didn't have his head up his butt. Denver (2012), Baltimore (2012), Seattle (2013)... the best defenses in the league struggled with it. Schaub doesn't have audibles, but what he did have was just as effective & takes as a QB equally as smart.
Old 01-03-2014   #683
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 81737 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Yea, after the RG3 fleecing/fiasco I doubt many teams will be willing to mortgage the future irrespective of talent available.

So the knock on Teddy has gone from small hands to a less than perfect release angle? I'm still feeling great. Folks keep using the "I wouldn't take Teddy just because" argumentnot lending anything tangible to their stance.

Name me another pro ready QB with the cerebral ability of Bridgewater. I'll wait.
Back to BPA vs BQBA. Trades happen when either differences in need or (in this case) differences in evaluation occur. We see these differences on the board and they also happen in FOs of the various teams. Would fixing the sieve in the OL make Shaub or Keenum or even Yates a more viable QB? Would not fixing that doom any of the QBs to failure including Teddy or Johnny?

These are the things which will be evaluated after BOB has put his staff together and they get a feel for what we have now. Who is likely to come off IR ready to play and who isn't. Who do we retain and who do we pick up in FA? only then will we have the information necessary to determine how we will approach the draft. Draftnicks are position conscious rather than BPA conscious. It's all they have to work with.

It will be a couple of weeks before we even know who will be in the draft. only them will we really have an inkling of what we're distributing.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014   #684
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Teddy Bridgewater is my favorite for the selection at #1 overall right now.

Most importantly I feel like he has high football IQ, understands the game and what offenses and defenses are doing... and has a drive to always get better and improve. Those are 2 qualities I feel a Franchise QB like Brady and Manning MUST have.

Other pluses include history in a pro style offense, being forced by his OC to read defenses pre snap, make audibles and adjustments, be the onfield coordinator, read the entire field, call the appropriate play and then execute it. He is a QB in the head and heart, he has excellent pocket presence and is athletic enough to extend plays with his legs while always keeping eyes downfield to throw first and run second. He has virtually 3 years of experience as a starter and has steadily improved every single season. He's been very successful both statistically and with W/L's. He appears to also be a "high character" individual off the field staying out of trouble and focusing on school and football. Graduated HS early to enroll at Louisville to get an edge on winning the QB job (an unpopular decision from decommitting from Miami).

Cons would be his "size" and "competition". Height is fine but weight is concern listed from 196-205 range? Honestly to me he does not look scrawny thin though...I feel over the next several years his body will continue to develop as he ages from 21-24 ("ish")...just natural development as well as being a professional full time football player and with NFL (Texans) strength and conditioning coaches. Competition is not a major concern for me in all honesty. While it is not "SEC Defenses"... he's not facing Division III teams all season. Beat a hell of a Florida team last season in the Sugar Bowl. He has done everything right, beat the teams he's supposed to and rebounded from games they've lost (like UCF).

He's the only QB I feel comfortable saying I think he has Franchise QB potential. Bortles is a guy I need to learn more about. Manziel will be fun to watch but he's not my 10-15 year franchise QB. McCarron is a career backup/bottom half of league starter - might have a fine career but nothing special to me.

#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #685
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well stated Ole Miss.

Good to see you posting again.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #686
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Ole Miss just shut the thread down! I echo everything he says.
Old 01-04-2014   #687
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Has Bortles ever worked through injury or faced adversity in his life? Another rich kid who has been given everything on a silver platter?

Hard to measure heart and desire to rise from the ashes.
Old 01-04-2014   #688
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Has Bortles ever worked through injury or faced adversity in his life? Another rich kid who has been given everything on a silver platter?

Wow, you are really out to get Bortles and any QB not named Bridgewater. I was playing catchup in this part of the forum this morning and you are really coming down hard on Bortles for any perceived negative imaginable.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #689
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Wow, you are really out to get Bortles and any QB not named Bridgewater. I was playing catchup in this part of the forum this morning and you are really coming down hard on Bortles for any perceived negative imaginable.
In the QB threads OBJECTIVE is a dirty word .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #690
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
lol he's giving texian a taste of his own troll medicine.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #691
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
This.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #692
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

What kind of stupid questioning is this? A guy isn't ready for the pros because you think he comes from a good household?By far one if the dumbest comments I've read in here.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #693
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Good grief man. You need to figure some stuff out posing questions like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
This doesn't make any sense.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #694
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Good grief man. You need to figure some stuff out posing questions like that.

This doesn't make any sense.
but this does>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #695
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Stole this quote from Double Barrel (Wade Phillips wants to stay) thread but this is exactly how Teddy Bridegwater impresses me - “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”
~ Bruce Lee

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #696
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
Elway? Same guy who got blasted in the superbowl like 4 times right?

This is retard reasoning. If mcnabb wasn't a franchise qb,then kelly,marino,and a slew of guys are not franchise qb. To me a franchise qb is a guy who is a 10 yr guy,multiple probowls and take your team deep in the playoffs. Why you're critical of mcnabb,tell me his rbs and wrs. How many nfc title games have drew brees been too? Drew brees lost to a 7-9 seattle team and a chad pennington let jets team. Peyton is 2 games under .500 in the playoffs.

When you say higher standard,I like hear your higher standard.
Higher standard includes not throwing up on your teammates during a possible SB winning drive. BTW, didn't McNabb have T.O./Westbrook? Not exactly chopped liver? McNabbs own teammates have even called him a choker.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #697
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Higher standard includes not throwing up on your teammates during a possible SB winning drive. BTW, didn't McNabb have T.O./Westbrook? Not exactly chopped liver? McNabbs own teammates have even called him a choker.
WTF are you talking about? TO called him that, and TO has blasted every QB he ever played with. Mcnabb carried those Philly teams for years with trash at WR. Absolute trash. He had guys like Pinkston, Freddie Mitchell, and Jason Avant. He had Kevin Curtis healthy for one season as well. Wow!! Then he had barely more than half a season with TO before he got hurt and Mcnabb took that team to the SB "without him." TO did nothing but tear the locker room apart and tried to make it seem like Mcnabb was some wimp all because he didn't beat a team who had just won their 3rd SB, despite the fact that he came close to winning the game. It was one of the worst criticisms ever by a receiver, and hardly anyone even bought it considering the main source of the criticisms. Mcnabb was considered an elite QB for several years in the NFL.
Old 01-04-2014   #698
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow look at all the priveleged kids in here. Sorry to strike a nerve.

But I most certainly do believe and root for those good guys in life who have been given a bad hand, not those silver spoon sucking 1%ers who get everything they want. And no I would never troll Texian, he is the resident expert around here <wink> fish food.
Old 01-04-2014   #699
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

The "McNabb vomited in the Super Bowl" is the dumbest argument to bring up about him.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #700
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Wow look at all the priveleged kids in here. Sorry to strike a nerve.

But I most certainly do believe and root for those good guys in life who have been given a bad hand, not those silver spoon sucking 1%ers who get everything they want. And no I would never troll Texian, he is the resident expert around here <wink> fish food.
Dude, your suggestion was pure nonsense. Bashing a guy whom you have no knowledge about as far as his up bringing or his financial situation is disingenuous. Like you have any clue at all about Bortles family life or if he grew up as a spoiled child. Lol! You're just making an ass out of yourself.

And then to somehow suggest that some guy that "you think" has had a horrible life is somehow going to be a much better QB because their life was harder has no substance at all. Especially considering the fact that the NFL has tons and tons of guys from poor backgrounds and hard situations they grew up in that totally ruined their careers due to immaturity or due to committing crimes and breaking league rules. You know guys like Pac Man, Russell, VY, Lawrence Phillips, Vick, and etc.

I'm guessing you don't even know what you like about Bridgewater at all when you're having to create propaganda like this to rep some player out of the draft. Seriously that was something I would expect to read in "The Onion" or something like that. For the record, NFL GM's and scouts usually "want" the guy that comes from a good home and a good family with good values instilled in them. That's usually something they'd rather have.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read